ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi from the Jersey Shore
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:15 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hi everyone, I've been lurking on this site since April 2009. Yours was the first fan site of any artist I have ever logged onto. EVER!!!! I just happened upon TALC one day and I pretty much have checked in every day since. Thank you for countless hours of pure fun and laughter and of course all the eye candy you have displayed so nicely. :)

When Adam tweeted that his Official Fan Club was up and running, I made an immediate decision to join, even though I had never joined a fan club for money before, let alone joined one for free. What has this Adam person done to us? :grouphug It's more than that voice.... I'm just speechless.

I have to give a special shout out and TY to tuke18. ;) She friended me last week over at the fan club. When I thanked her for friending, I told her about my bad habit of just lurking. She replied, "You need to stop lurking on TALC and post!!! We'd love to hear what you have to say! And yes, he ours!! lol"

OK! Done lurking. I is here!

Here's getting to know you guys. Umm. I have no idea how to set an avi or anything else for that matter. Please help.

~Karen~

Post subject: Re: Hi from the Jersey Shore
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:23 am 
Site Admin

Hi Karen
So happy to have you here! We would love to hear more from you, jump right in on any thread. The Pink Ladies thread is where we just have running chats, you might want to check that out.
Welcome!

To set avi's and such - go to the User Control Panel at the top of the page. Click on Profile on the left column. Here you can set an avi, etc.
Please let me or any other Admin or Mod know if you need help.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:47 am 
Site Admin

HI Karen!!! I'm so glad you decided to come out of lurkdom! I think ALF is great to connect people who maybe wouldn't have been connected otherwise.

Hope Shar helped you with the avi. If you have any other questions, just let us know.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:48 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hi Shar and Darla,

Thank you both for your kind welcome! I like the Pink Ladies thread for running chats since we will be running off at the mouth about Adam continually.

I agree, Darla, ALFC has been a great place to connect all the fans of numerous sites to one great location. It got me motivated!

I went to the User Control Panel and clicked on Profile. I did see all that I needed to get started. However, I don't really understand how to do the avi. Sorry :cry, I'm new at this sort of thing on fan sites. (I'm sure I'll have issues with quoting and bringing anything over also. I'll get there.) On the fan club site it was easy because I just clicked on choose and my iphoto pix and other pix came up for me to choose from.

Thanks guys. I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Karen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:47 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hi Stardust! Fellow Jersey girl here, yay! So nice to have you here!

About the avi, go to the user control panel, then on the left side of the page, click on "Profile". When that screen comes up, click on "Edit Avatar" on the left side of the page. As far as I know, you can't just upload a pic from your computer; it has to be posted on a website so you can get the URL. Most of us use photobucket.com to upload pics, since it's a free site. Once you have the URL for the pic, post it in "Link off-site" bar. Then specify how big you want the pic under "avatar dimensions" (max 180x180 - width x height - but you can make it wider or taller if the pic is long or thin). Then click on "submit", and you're all set! A screen will come up telling you your settings have been saved, and then it will automatically go back to the avi page and you can see what it looks like. If you have to, you can fix the dimensions.

Hope that helps! Don't be afraid to ask for more assistance! The admins and mods here are the sweetest ladies and will be more than happy to help!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:43 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hi Jesha! Thank you so much for the Welcome :) and for the info on the avi. I went ahead and got a photobucket account. Is the URL the same as HTML Code? It lists four different things to share the image. Also.... What is a good size/dimentions for the picture. I have no idea what average or standard size would be. Don't know how big 180x180 is.

Thanks Again!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:21 pm 
Adam Bomb

Haha I had to go look it up myself! Actually you want to copy and paste the "direct link" from photobucket into the address bar. As far as the dimensions go, my avi is 180x180 - the biggest it can get. I cropped the picture into a square before I put it on photobucket, just because I think they're easier to work with, since you don't have to worry about making it proportioned properly or anything like that. But do whatever you want; play around with it a little.

Hope that helps! I'm going to be out of town for the weekend so if you have any other questions see if someone else can help you out!

Welcome again! :kiss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:03 am 
Adam Bomb

Welcome Karen,

I am sure you will find this to be your second home just like the rest of us. If you go away on a trip when you have no net access and finally come home and click on the site you will feel how good it is to have this here waiting.

Wonderful people here.

Shaunna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:41 am 

Hi Karen,

Glad Tuke got you to delurk!! Just join right in !!! :bomb

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:22 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hi Shaunna, LizMarie,

Thank you guys for the kind welcome. So excited to be here.

Shaunna, When I go away, which has been to Colorado, where my sister lives, and where I saw Adam on July 17th :yahoo , she knows enough to have a lap top up and running when I get there. She now gets me and my obsession with Adam. BTW, we have a convert ! Yay! I do have back up with my ipone. However, if for some reason there was no internet access, believe me, we would have scoured the countryside trying to get hooked up! I know.... insane we are.

LizMarie, I noticed when you came on board last August, you immediately delved in!!!! Thank you for all you bring over to the site. I have enjoyed it all!!! :hearts

~Karen~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:47 pm 
Adam Bomb

Jesha, I did exactly what you suggested and it worked!!!!! Thank you :kiss Ah the simple pleasures of life . :)