ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Live vs. Studio versions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:01 pm 
Adam Bomb

Is it just me or is it way more enjoyable to hear the live versions of Adam's Idol songs? I mean don't get me wrong, the studio versions do add a lot of dimension, but some of them just seem too syncopated or something? I can't exactly describe it but somehow the background music takes away the emotion of his original for me.. I hope when he cuts his first album he leaves some of that stuff out - his voice stands alone!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Post subject: Re: Live vs. Studio versions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:27 pm 
Adam Bomb

I was in the car today thinking the same thing. The live versions are sung with much more emotion and also we can visualize him performing them too, so that doesn't hurt. I do love the studio version of The Tracks of my Tears and Mad World, I hang on every word.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:43 am 
Adam Bomb

well for me, i think i just get hooked onto the live ones more because i saw him perform it on stage on AI and of course i love his performances, so when i listen to the song i expect to hear what i heard him sing when i watched him! but no matter how he sings it, its amazing :)

Post subject: Re: Live Performance vs. Studio Recording on iTunes Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:20 am 
Adam Bomb

If I Can't Have You - Live version. You can just feel the emotion more when he sings it live.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:24 pm 
Adam Bomb

I just downloaded the studio version of "If I can't have you" and it is AMAZING! WOW!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

clawmachine wrote:
Is it just me or is it way more enjoyable to hear the live versions of Adam's Idol songs? I mean don't get me wrong, the studio versions do add a lot of dimension, but some of them just seem too syncopated or something? I can't exactly describe it but somehow the background music takes away the emotion of his original for me.. I hope when he cuts his first album he leaves some of that stuff out - his voice stands alone!

They throw those babies together in the studio without any finesse, They don't have time. That's why it always sounds like the back up track is too loud or the voice gets drowned out. Recording your own CD is entirely different. Adam can have control over those things. I'm happy to have whatever I can right now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:01 pm 
Adam Bomb

I just purchased the studio recording of ''If I Can't Have You" and I really like it as I do all of the studio recordings....but the live performance this past Tuesday night of that song was so brilliantly done....It has now reached the same level for me as the "Ring of Fire" Performance....It amazes me that there are posters out there on the web dissing on Adam's performance from this past Tuesday....Come on now....For having only around 90 seconds per live performance, Adam can create magic! When he hit the chorus of that song he cast a spell over the audience that was even deeper than what he did for ROF but in a totally different way this time....Everytime I think he can't possibly equal or top one of his past brilliant performances he proves me wrong....Amazing gift he has!

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:24 pm 
Adam Bomb

Adam definitely feeds off the audience and his live performances are more moving.

The studio recordings allow you to hear the incredible flavors to his voice.

I love them all.

I make a cd of both the live and the itunes mixed.

The one itune that really is different in a good way is Born to Be Wild.

It was more rock on TV but the itune is techno-trance and is just made of win.

I am going to turn the DJ on to it at a local dance club. I just know that song will get people up and moving.

The only problem is when playing it in my car I always end up going 100 miles an hour.

:shhh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:13 pm 
Adam Bomb

I love everything except the ToMT studio where they kept the original arrangement, I do tend to skip that one when it somes up on my mp3 player, but I love the live version of ToMT.

Alty I too made a cd of the live and studio versions (mine aren't mixed - I put the lives ones first then the studios and i put them in performance order...hmmm...am I catching a mild case of OCD?) and I love it!!

I was listening to "Oh My Ra" over and over today and finally realized why it seemed familiar - it reminded me of the studio of BTBW!! I love the studio of BTBW and what he did with it - I was wishing he'd done that version live.

ITA that having seen Adam perform it makes the live version more special to me, cuz i can relive the performance when I hear the song.

Glamorize

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:21 am 
Adam Bomb

lovemelast wrote:
I love everything except the ToMT studio where they kept the original arrangement, I do tend to skip that one when it somes up on my mp3 player, but I love the live version of ToMT.

lol That's probably my favorite studio version! I listen to it all the time! But I love them all a lot!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:24 am 
Adam Bomb

:D

In my RL, my one and only friend that follows AI too says that's her favorite studio version too!
(Not that I only have one friend, but I only have one friend that watches AI, oh, you know what I mean!)

Glamorize

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:17 am 
Adam Bomb

Alty, I totally love the studio BTBW, too! I have all the show and itunes on my cd. I don't have an ipod, so I'm making a new cd every other week. I just started on itunes; I can't figure out how to change the order of songs to make my cds. Is that hard to figure out?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:04 am 
Site Admin

pw, there are different ways that I found that you can order the songs in iTunes.

First, create a playlist.

1) When a playlist is first created, if you add the songs in the order you want them played they will stay in that order
2) You can also click and hold the song name and move it up or down the list

or
1) Click on any of the column names and it will sort by that, once for ascending and again for descending
2) If you click on View, then View Options, you can add or remove columns from a playlist
3) Once you click on any of the column names, it won't let you move songs by holding the name any more

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:44 pm 
Adam Bomb

sas,

thanks, I'll try some of that today. I only got itunes like 2 weeks ago, so I'm still on the steep learning curve, and stuff doesn't seem to work the same way my brain does. And today I"m also going to try to figure out how to dump stuff from my dvr onto dvd's! I know it can be done and I have notes where someone showed me. We are out of room--Star Wars Clone Wars is clogging up my dvr!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:53 pm 
Adam Bomb

Feeling Good - I love both!! I have the studio version on repeat right now! I love it! :chicken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:59 pm 
Adam Bomb

luv2laugh wrote:
Black or White - I love them both! Although, Adam's hiccup of a giggle when he reaches down to touch an audience member's hand during the live performance makes me smile everytime. lol

That is my absolute favorite part of the Black or White performance. He looks like he is just having a blast.

I love both versions....live and studio. Only when I listen to the studio versions, I miss watching Adam....there doesn't seem to be as much energy, you know?

I don't have an IPod and have never downloaded a song from there or ITunes....can on just do that on my computer???

So, I'm SO thankful to the Admins. here for posting his studio versions on the blog page or I would never have heard them.

Does anyone want to share the "Feeling Good" one??? Please please please???

"Once I'm In I Own Your Heart"

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:32 am 
Site Admin

mushy, you don't need an ipod to listen to Adam's songs on itunes. You can download all of Adam's live performance videos and studio recordings from itunes on your computer and listen to them. Here's more information about itunes for you.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/overview/?r ... itunes.com

In order to support Adam's efforts on American Idol, we will not be sharing his itunes music. We want all our members to support Adam and buy his music.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:36 pm 
Adam Bomb

Dang, that studio version of "Feeling Good" is so hot it needs a warning label! I was listening to it in the office, and starting moaning around 1:35 when he hit those glorious high notes! And then moaned again when I listened to it again! And then moaned again when I rewound it! :D :hearts

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:53 pm 
Adam Bomb

God eartha.... I love you !!! :kiss

You ALWAYS make me laugh... :D

Kd

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:17 pm 
Adam Bomb

Give me live Adam over recorded any day. Really, I love both but there is just something more that you get from his live performances. He really went all out on Feeling Good this week though. I've had that on repeat for 2 days now !

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:13 pm 
Adam Bomb

8-) I love the anticipation and excitemnt of the Tuesday night live performances, but the studio versions give you a chance to listen closely and really appreciate his amazing vocals ! Please support Adam but buying the I-Tunes singles.
They are amazing.

Post subject: Live versus Studio versions of songs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:50 pm 
Adam Bomb

Just curious- I seem to prefer Adam's live performances vs. the studio recordings (like the ones available on i-tunes), which is rare because a lot of artists don't sound nearly as good live! Maybe it's because I've watched the live ones over and over! LOL

I guess on the live ones the performer in him comes out. What do you all think?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:09 pm 
Adam Bomb

I just love hearing Adam sing in both formats- the live shows had the added drama of whether or not Adam would get through to the next round, as well the possibility of the mix-up with the backing vocals (remember it- groan , how sad , and how well he coped) , with the anticipation of how harsh Simon Cowell was going to be.Coming at you live as well you get to remember the awesome clothes and jewellery . :hearts Then to listen to the studio tracks, and that unique fantastic voice just dancing with the melodies- oh heaven! Putting it another way, "Feeling Good" and the vocal teasing in the studio version ,well, a real watershed moment :thud ......

Looking at your TV quality in the States and the quality we got in the UK, well the USA's pictures are fantastic, compared to our ITV 2 pictures, and I've got a pretty good TV. Watching the American versions , you see every freckle, chin whisker etc, whereas we see a sort of hazy view . So voting on the USA and the British transmissions of the TV shows , I reckon yours win hands down!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:57 pm 
Adam Bomb

I prefer Adam's live versions better. I put the audio on CD and listen to them more than the studio versions. I like the studio versions of "Feeling Good" and "If I Can't Have You" better than the live performances though. "Feeling Good" is my favorite studio version.

Glambert #1618