ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Live Performance vs. Studio Recording on iTunes Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:43 am 
Site Admin

I thought it would be interesting to get every one's views on Adam's live performances and his studio recordings each week... quite often they are very different. Adam is one of those unique performers who vocally is always right on the money with his live performance and doesn't need the crutch of the studio performance to make him sound good. I also think that there is a emotion/charge in his voice when he performs live that comes from the pure adrenaline of being in front of a live audience... Adam thrives on it!

Black or White - I love them both! Although, Adam's hiccup of a giggle when he reaches down to touch an audience member's hand during the live performance makes me smile everytime. lol

Ring of Fire - I like both versions.

Tracks of My Tears - I preferred the live version of this song because there was so much emotion in his voice and I loved the subtle sounds of the guitar and bass. The recorded version has more of the orchestra and while it is still good, it's not the same for me. It would be awesome if Adam sang accapella one of these weeks. OMG! Could you imagine that? :thud

Play That Funky Music - Once again, I preferred the live version of the song. I love his sultry tones in his voice when he first starts singing and my favorite part, "Come on come on come on come on... yeah!" isn't in the studio version. That's when he gets me everytime. lol

What does everyone think? Live or Studio or Both?

Post subject: Re: Live Performance vs. Studio Recording on iTunes Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:52 pm 
Adam Bomb

Black and White:
My favorite is the studio version. I love all the extra stuff he put into the song. The Live version was just as good. I loved the part when he went to the crowd at the beginning and you hear the 'laugh' in his voice. AHH it makes me melt!!

Ring Of Fire:
My favorite is the studio also, but I also like the live performance. And I totally disagreed with Simon when he said that everyone's throwing their TVs out the window at this point. NO SIMON...I was HUGGING mine!

Tracks Of My Tears:
My favorie is the live version, just like Laurie said, the emotion spilling through his voice was extrodinary.

Play That Funky Music:
Ohh I can't choose which one I like. I like both of them...But the live version...the VIDEO IS JUST HUMP! Oh did I just say that??! Hahaha...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

For me, it's always the live version, he infuses every song with so much personality and emotion. I agree Laurie, he thrives off the audience. But, having the studio versions is so fantastic because we get more than the 1 1/2 minute of the song. SO it's a win/win.

Black and White: The giggle, yup, gets me too, every time.

Ring Of Fire: Nothing for me compares to the live version, I have watched it every day since. LOL This performance vocally is so outstanding, it just blows me away. But then again, the studio version is longer.

Tracks Of My Tears: No question, the live version. I watch that everyday too. Watching him perform that and do that up and down thing he does with his voice at the end just kills me, it's so good. Since I found a Mp3 of this, I am a happy girl. The studio version, although they use the original backing track, Adam makes it sound like something fresh and new. TomT is one of my favorite Motown songs (I love Smokey) and I think if anyone else had done this song, I would have been upset, cuz you can't beat Smokey. But Adam, you made a version as good as Smokey!

Play That Funky Music: Love the live version, he is just so "Alive" Ha Ha when he performs on the stage, so much energy, the dancing, everything. I think Adam is the first contestant ever to actually dance and sing through the whole performance and be so freaking good at it. Studio version is great.

Every week now I feel like we are watching American Idol and then they have a special guest star, Mr Adam Lambert will now perform for you. Even the previous Idols they have brought back have not done as good a job as Adam does. Beside the singing/performing he is just so professional and has so much grace up there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:44 pm 
Adam Bomb

Black & White: I like the live version better! I love the studio version too but I like the live ending better.

Ring Of Fire: Both..I can't decide which one I like more.

Tracks Of My Tears: I like the studio recording more. I loved the emotion and his interpretation of the song live but I actually like his vocals better on the recording.

Play That Funky Music: I like the studio recording better. This one and Ring Of Fire were hard to choose because they sound pretty similar to what he did live but there are a couple parts I think I like in the recording more. And it's hard to choose because the recordings are longer than 2 minutes, which I love! lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

Black or White - I love both of them. That little giggle in the live version is wonderful!!

Ring of Fire - Love both again, but the live version is too much fun to sing to in my car. I LOVE belting it. And, I believe I'm expanding my lung capacity by trying to hold the notes out as long as Adam!! lol

Tracks of My Tears - These are the most different versions. It's hard to compare them because they are so different. But, the live, stripped down version is just so wonderful.

Play That Funky Music - I thought the live version was great, but the iTunes version seems much funkier to me! But, there is that something about the adrenaline he has singing live!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:35 pm 

Loved the live versions of Black and White, and Ring of Fire, although I liked the Studio versions as much.

Tracks of My Tears--I love both equally. We went camping this weekend so my iPod was my entertainment, and I listened to both versions of all his songs over and over. In this song, every time he sings "I need you, need you", I melt. He puts so much emotion into those words. :thud :thud

PTFM--I'm not crazy about the Studio version. He didn't sound quite as comfortable in that one, and I think watching his dancing is necessary for full enjoyment of this performance. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:01 pm 
Adam Bomb

I like the studio versions better, only because you don't have the crowd interferring with his singing. I do love that giggle though......

I don't like either for PTFM.........I am not a fan of last week at all. :o

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:37 pm 
Adam Bomb

Princess have you tried watching PTFM over and over again? lol

The first time I watch him I'm just soo nervous, but I like it, then I watch it again and again and I loved PTFM more after each time. I love the way he moves...I think he was incredibly smart about how her performed that song and not making it too corny.

I haven't heard all the studio recordings of the songs so I'll have to listen to them and come back :) But I agree if he did something accapella one week that would be A-MAZ-ING!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:08 am 
Site Admin

The studio version of "Mad World" is now up on iTunes!!! :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:11 am 
Adam Bomb

Sweet! Going to download it now! :yahoo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:22 am 
Adam Bomb

Do I have to wait until midnight or something?? It says I can't download the song. :-(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:24 am 
Site Admin

Katey, mine came up at 11:35 pm EST, so yours should be available in about 15 minutes. Sorry about that... I totally forgot about the time difference.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:28 am 
Adam Bomb

lol Thanks Laurie! I was worried something was wrong with my itunes or computer. I will try again in a little bit then. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:43 pm 
Adam Bomb

Mad World - I LOVE both! They sound pretty much the same, therefore I like them the same. The only thing is, I don't think Adam hit the last note like he wanted to in the live performance. But I still love both equally. I'm really glad he chose this song! His voice is perfect for for it and he really captured the mood well!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

Mad World - I love them both as well. This is my favorite performance so far. The studio version is longer which is always nice... more Adam. :) I always hear just a bit more emotion in his voice on the live version... I do believe he was born to perform live.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:15 pm 
Adam Bomb

Mad World...I like both versions; but I slightly prefer the live version. I feel he can improvise so well and emote that raw emotion into the live performances whereas the recording are so edited down. It loses just a bit for me. I can't wait to see him perform live. Hopefully again and again and again....[or as Buzz Lightyear woudl say "To infinity and beyond!"]

:D

"Let your clarity define you..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:37 pm 
Adam Bomb

I usually like the live versions much better. For Mad World though, I cannot get enough of the studio version. Seriously, I think I've played it over 100 times already. I have it on both my IPOD Touch and my Sansa View. The Sansa is hooked up to a speaker dock next to my bed. I generally listen to meditation type music softly while I sleep. I think tonight it will be Mad World.

:vote

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

The thing about most people preferring Adam's live performances over the studio ones say so much about who is will be as an artist. Being able to sing this well live is actually very rare, so many performers you just love their music on the radio and you see them live and you're all WTF is that. (Kellie Pickler is a good example, that was just awful last night) It takes a really great singer to be able to convey emotion and have the vocal skills to not need pro tools in the studio. When you go see them in concert they are then as good or better than the record.
David Foster was on TV a few years ago and said that there are only a handful of people who really don't need pro tools and he named Celine Dion, Barbra Streisand and Whitney Houston. I think Adam, over time, could be in the same class as these singers.

Don't forget to leave a comment on iTunes for Adam's songs. :yahoo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:29 am 
Adam Bomb

ThePhantomsGirl wrote:
I usually like the live versions much better. For Mad World though, I cannot get enough of the studio version. Seriously, I think I've played it over 100 times already. I have it on both my IPOD Touch and my Sansa View. The Sansa is hooked up to a speaker dock next to my bed. I generally listen to meditation type music softly while I sleep. I think tonight it will be Mad World.

:vote

Haha I did the same last night! I usually don't listen to music when I go to sleep but I put Mad World on repeat last night. Actually I listened to that song on repeat pretty much all evening while I was doing homework on the computer. I can't stop listening to it!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:58 pm 
Adam Bomb

I have been listening to all my studio recordings of Adam's performances today (and I purchased them all from i-tunes too BTW! lol!).....And it's great to hear the studio versions after watching the live versions for a few days....I totally agree with what a lot of you have been saying about that extra quality and energy he adds to the live performances that shows what a great artist and performer he truly is.....But the studio versions have their own unique artistic qualities as well and so I really love them both! (the studio versions and the live performances)....My favorite Studio performances are Ring of Fire, Mad World, and Play That Funky Music (In that order)....I've already commented in other places that Ring of Fire is still my favorite live performance (with several others coming in a close second)....But the studio version of Ring of Fire is also uniquely entrancing in its own way....Not quite as over the top as the live performance but still it casts a spell on you when you listen to it. The Studio recording for Mad World is also out of this world terrific!.....I can't wait to get more!!....Its too bad this season is going to have to come to an end at some point....I fear that we will all be suffering from serious Adam withdrawels for a while after the show ends waiting for his first album to be released! :D

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:33 pm 
Adam Bomb

FreddyFudpucker wrote:
I have been listening to all my studio recordings of Adam's performances today (and I purchased them all from i-tunes too BTW! lol!).....And it's great to hear the studio versions after watching the live versions for a few days....I totally agree with what a lot of you have been saying about that extra quality and energy he adds to the live performances that shows what a great artist and performer he truly is.....But the studio versions have their own unique artistic qualities as well and so I really love them both! (the studio versions and the live performances)....My favorite Studio performances are Ring of Fire, Mad World, and Play That Funky Music (In that order)....I've already commented in other places that Ring of Fire is still my favorite live performance (with several others coming in a close second)....But the studio version of Ring of Fire is also uniquely entrancing in its own way....Not quite as over the top as the live performance but still it casts a spell on you when you listen to it. The Studio recording for Mad World is also out of this world terrific!.....I can't wait to get more!!....Its too bad this season is going to have to come to an end at some point....I fear that we will all be suffering from serious Adam withdrawels for a while after the show ends waiting for his first album to be released! :D

Shoot, I go through Adam withdrawals week to week. I can't imagine what its going to be like when the season ends. Dreadful I tell you, dreadful.

(AdamBomb #145)

Twitter me: http://www.twitter.com/CharlieBrown47

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:08 pm 
Adam Bomb

I love the studio recordings because the sound quality is better. OMG, someone just mentioned the wait we will have when Idol ends............... :cry . Maybe Adam will get a CD out to us pronto! I go through withdrawals from Thursday to Tuesday, how sad does that sound? I am seriously going to suffer at the end of Idol.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:22 pm 
Adam Bomb

Sky wrote:
I love the studio recordings because the sound quality is better. OMG, someone just mentioned the wait we will have when Idol ends............... :cry . Maybe Adam will get a CD out to us pronto! I go through withdrawals from Thursday to Tuesday, how sad does that sound? I am seriously going to suffer at the end of Idol.

Yaeh that was me that mentioned that.... Sorry to bring up that little dose of reality there lol!....But we will be able to play our studio recordings and watch the videos of all the live performances from the show over and over I suppose while we wait for his first CD to be released. One thing that kind of cracks me up about the Live performances that I couldn't help but notice is that Randy always starts off with the exact same comments lol!...."Ive been saying since day 1 that you are the most current artist that we have ever had on this show....yada yada..."....I wonder how many more times he is going to keep saying that? lol! ...But I like the way he ended his comments after the Satisfaction performance though....."What What....What.....Come on!" :thud

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:30 pm 

One way to help the withdrawal is to follow a Tour thread! People post their tour experiences with pictures and videos they've taken. So all summer you're getting a little taste of Adam. ;) And last summer Rickey.org had cell certs of all the summer concerts. He didn't have all the idols' performances, but I was only there for Jason and he usually had his set! It's after the summer tour when the real withdrawal sets in!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:41 am 
Adam Bomb

I love Jason too. He completely stole my heart last year, completely. It's nice to hear good things are happening for him now. Believe me, I do follow the tour for reviews, pics, but it's not quite the same as having him in my home every Tuesday singing! :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:19 am 
Adam Bomb

flynnsgirl wrote:
The thing about most people preferring Adam's live performances over the studio ones say so much about who is will be as an artist. Being able to sing this well live is actually very rare, so many performers you just love their music on the radio and you see them live and you're all WTF is that.

I definitely agree. And actually being able to sound better live is incredible, and I think Adam does because different textures come out in his voice that are otherwise smoothed over in the studio. I've listened to his studio recordings and watched his live performances over and over this weekend-actually, that's pretty much all I did ALL weekend. I cannot wait to go see him in concert, getting a CD will just not be the same as seeing him actually perform a song, that's a big part of him. But he does sound fabulous on a recording too. I cannot tell if I like the Black or White live or studio version better, I love seeing him actually perform BOW, but I like the less screaming in the studio version. Ring of fire-I like the live version better, not as much passion in the studio version and there's a couple parts he sings differently that I like better in the performance. Tracks of My Tears-hard to decide, although I love the studio one because it's longer and when I listen to it I feel like I'm really back in the 60's. He sounds so classic. Play That Funky Music, definitely the performance, and although I like the longer studio version of Mad World, I can't go without his facial expressions of the live version.

I will definitely definitely be going through withdrawals after Idol is over. At least we will get to see him perform on talk shows for at least a few weeks after it's over though. But just having to wait from one tuesday to the next right now is just insanity for me, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I cannot wait to go see him in concert, getting a CD will just not be the same as seeing him actually perform a song, that's a big part of him.

Lemingon&LambertFan, I agree... Adam's live performance is a big part him. There's something extraordinary that happens when Adam performs and I want to be there some day to experience it!! I also love to listen to Adam's music all the time... he moves me and it's just as incredible the 100th time as it is the first time I hear it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:03 am 
Adam Bomb

Born To Be Wild - I like the live performance better. It's more energetic and fun. Studio sounds great too though.

And I am definitely going to have major withdrawals after Idol ends! I hope it doesn't take long for him to record and album! It's going to be sad not seeing him on tv every week!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:53 pm 

Born To Be Wild studio version isn't as great as the live performance. I loved the energy of the live performance. I'm just not crazy about the arrangement of the Studio; the sound just isn't as good as the other ones he's done. I think I'm comparing it to the original, which I loved!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:54 pm 
Adam Bomb

I actually can;t pick between the live and studio versions of most of the songs. I can only say for sure that I prefer "Tracks of my tears" live, cause the arrangement's better (I also like the studio, though).

Today I've been listening to "Born to be wild" - studio the whole day. I love it!!!

Anyways, my favourite recorded version thus far is... Oooh, I love thm all!!! <3