ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Voting on disco night--how many times did you get through?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:12 am 
Adam Bomb

I thought we could tally up our votes here.

I called in about 1000 times and got through about 25 times using a sprint cell phone. Then afterwards I found out from someone that they used a sprint cell phone for the first hour and never got through and for the second hour they used an at&t phone and got through almost every single time. Does anyone else here use a sprint cell phone to vote?

This made me mad knowing that if I just used a different cell phone provider that some of those 1000 calls I made could have actually been counted as votes. :mad

Voting for 2 hours straight is not easy!

Post subject: Re: Voting on disco night--how many times did you get through?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:19 am 
Adam Bomb

I'm not sure how many times I got through but I have At&T and got through everytime for the 2 hours. I'm on the west coast.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:22 am 
Adam Bomb

I'm not really sure how many times I voted. I was using 2 cell phones and I couldn't get through for the first 20 minutes. After that I got through almost every time. There were little periods were I would get more busy signals or times where it would say "All circuits are busy at the moment" or something like that. I don't know what the difference between that and the busy signal is??
And I have T-mobile phones and got through a lot..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:03 pm 
Adam Bomb

I couldn't begin to count. During the first 15 minutes I only got through about 5 times; but then it was pretty consistent for the duration.

"Let your clarity define you..."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:03 pm 

I only text in my votes but I did so as fast as I could steadily for the full two hours... I am sure I probably got in a few hundred that way. I have my phone set up w/ the touch screen so I only need to touch about 3 places on the screen. I have contacts set up and auto text which makes it really easy... and it rocks being on an AT&T plan w/ unlimited data & text! :D

Some angel must have put that thought into my head since it's only a few months old and at the time I got it I asked myself "why would I need to send so many text messages??"

Talk about a premonition!!!!!!! *shivers*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:44 pm 
Adam Bomb

I have no idea how many votes exactly (too many to count) but I have Comcast Digital for home and went through every time...no busy signals. Cell phones are Verizon and they went through every time as well.

:heartsblow

Shawna (Adam Bomb #57)

"The right way is not always the popular and easy way... Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character." ~Margaret Chase Smith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:44 pm 
Adam Bomb

I got through every time. I suspect it's easier to get through on the West Coast because I have yet to get a busy signal. Maybe there are fewer people over here??

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Tara, I'm glad you brought this up. Last night, we had a Rock the Vote/Birthday Party at Sharon's house. Most of us have Verizon or AT&T. Darla was the only one with Sprint and she experienced the exact same problem that you did... it was busy most of the time during the 2 hour voting period. However, the rest of us only had trouble getting through off and on during the first 15 minutes or so when I would assume is when most people are voting. After that, we all got through for the remainder of the voting time. So, based on what you and Darla experienced last night, it appears that people who have Sprint are having trouble getting their votes counted.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:24 pm 
Adam Bomb

My cellular plan is with AT&T and with the power voting through text, I got in about 2000 votes.
I hope to better next week if my phone doesn't act up again. I also plan to use dh phone to power text votes in.

(AdamBomb #145)

Twitter me: http://www.twitter.com/CharlieBrown47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:28 pm 
Adam Bomb

DialIdol got 472 votes through on my landline. It registered more busies and errors than ever previous to this week. I could not get through at all on my iPhone calling so I switched to texting, which is a pain on the iPhone (have to type "VOTE" for every one) so it is a slower texting. You can still get in at least 4 per minute if you can stand to keep it up but I did not count. Then DH brought me his RAZr and I texted on that for a while (a one-button resend is much better and faster), but then he realized that I also had the landline tied up so he took it back. At about 15 minutes before 9PM, I started calling again on the cell and they were going thru pretty regularly (at 9 we go to unlimited N&W). At 20 minutes before 10, DH went to bed so I grabbed his phone and went to speed texting again while I dialed my cell. So -- how many did I get in? No idea but it had to be a LOT.

For next week, I am getting a GoPhone with unlimited text and it will be a better phone than I got last year (last year it was a 5 step process to text ugh). I'm going to make sure it has the one button repeat from the outbox. The card lasts for 30 days so it will take me through the finale after which time I will donate the phone to the military. (If anyone decides to do this -- it HAS TO BE an AT&T phone for texting!)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:47 pm 
Adam Bomb

At first I had no problem getting through,then the phone kept going dead ! Anyone else on the East Coast have the same problem ? Eventually I was able to vote about 100 times !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:23 pm 
Adam Bomb

I started dialing before the show was over and my calls were going through. I called as many times as I could the full 2 hrs and only got a busy signal 4-5 times.

Be sure to start dialing before the show is over...because the calls are going through!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:42 pm 
Adam Bomb

I voted for 2 straight hours (minus a five minute break between hour one and hour two to rest my thumb!) and i was getting in a vote every 15 seconds or so (using my regular home phone and pushing redial), so how many votes is that? 4 times a minute for 60 minutes then another 55 minutes so 240 + 220 = 460 votes or so...It was never busy once.
I am on the west coast. It wasn't busy last week either.

Glamorize

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:33 pm 
Adam Bomb

Here is a delightful surprise I found out last night.

I have my home phone through Magic Jack (you know, the commercial where you never need pay a phone bill again). Anyway, it runs through the comp and the phone is plugged into it. I usually would use the handset phone for all my calls. But each time I make a call, the magicjack thing would pop on my comp and annoy me.

I started using the on screen computer pop up magic jack page to make my calls. All I had to do was hit redial/end over and over again. I kept my regular hand set on to hear the speakerphone and make sure I got through each time. Each call only took 3 seconds! I couldn't even tally how many calls I made as a result. A ton though. Highly recommended for anyone who uses this magic jack thing.

:mrgreen:

"Let your clarity define you..."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:44 pm 
Adam Bomb

Maybe 40-50 times total in the two hours. I didn't really keep count. I got a lot of busy signals. And a few times, I got an error with the number....that it's not a working number. But all I did was redial, so I'm not sure what was going on. Last night was the most busy signals I'd ever gotten for him. I'm on EST time so maybe that was part of it.

I forgot to add that I was using my Alltell cell phone. But, that's what I've always used to vote.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:04 pm 
Adam Bomb

I used my land line phone in the first hour, hitting redial as soon as the call went through. Not sure how many calls I made as there were some busy signals, (last week NO BUSY SIGNALS) but my phone battery croaked so I went to my cell phone. I don't' have unlimited text so I just used the phone, but it was much faster than my land line. I got through 99% of the time unless I screwed up with the rhythm I was using. Got about 20-25 calls every 5 minutes, so I would say I may have gotten around 400-500 calls.

Will just use my cellphone next week. But I am not very smart when it comes to cellphones so I just use the call method. I'm sure there is a faster way but I am afraid I will screw it up and my calls won't go through for Adam.

I know.....I'm a dork.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:07 pm 
Adam Bomb

Thats weird. I got through every time I voted from a landline. (I don't use my sprint cell phone) I got through about 200 times. I only voted for the first hour though because my mom got annoyed and told me to put the phone away :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:28 pm 
Adam Bomb

I had the same problem with Sprint! It almost never gets through so I just use the house phone now, which is really slow =[ I'll have to start using DialIdol sometime.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:32 pm 
Adam Bomb

I'm not sure if this is true, but my friend told me that they only count your vote once.
Like, you can vote like 200 times and it will only count once!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:13 pm 
Adam Bomb

Mom and I got in OVER 400 calls - and I was chastised by some and called an obsessed fanatic by others, who do not understand why a grown woman VOTES for 2 hours for "someone like Adam"...........well, I have some very BAD LANGUAGE WORDS to say about that.

I will keep voting for the remainder of this Season for ADAM !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:44 pm 
Adam Bomb

Geez and I thought I was doing good with the calls that did go through. I'll try harder next week!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:09 pm 
Adam Bomb

katieebomb wrote:
I'm not sure if this is true, but my friend told me that they only count your vote once.
Like, you can vote like 200 times and it will only count once!

NOT TRUE. If you call in 200 times, Adam gets 200 votes. Figure this - about 23 million people watch the show. Most probably don't vote, or if they do, they only dial a few times. Yet the show registered 45 MILLION votes last week. No way did 45 million people vote. Go ahead and power vote for Adam every week for as long as your mom will let you. The closer to the end we get, the more important it is to vote the maximum number of times.