Post subject: Top 5 PERFORMANCE NIGHT Discussion 4-28
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:59 am 
Site Admin

It's Tuesday!! It's Tuesday!! It's Tuesday!! :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo

Double the performance... double the excitement... double the hotness!!! :thud

Post subject: Re: Top 5 PERFORMANCE NIGHT Discussion 4-28
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:23 am 

BOO SAD NEWS!!!!! :cry

I just read that Paula herself confirmed it's only to be one song... apparently it was yet another last minute thing I guess. *headdesk* Peanutbuttercup said on TWOP forums that Jamie Foxx is going to be the "surprise mentor" and because of that, they have been put back to one song apiece. What the eff does Jamie Foxx have to do with Rat Pack Jazz????

On one hand I'm just so happy it's Tuesday and that we get to see him tonight... and I don't want to be ungrateful for that or have it take away from my Tuesday joy! Also, part of me wonders if they are purposely throwing them all massive curveballs. Maybe they are confident in Adam's ability to withstand these types of last minute changes more than anyone else and that these types of things might help make the road to the finals a little wider. Who knows!

WOW .... I have my Funk & Glam pandora station going and Bohemian Rhapsody just started! How serendipitous! :D

Anyway if anyone else hears about what the heck is actually happening on the show tonight, please post here! You never know about this "so and so said so and so" kind of thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:40 am 
Adam Bomb

This just all kinds of pisses me off. At this critical stage of the show, a second song can redeem you; a single song get you booted. Not to mention ---- I WANTED 2 NEW SONGS FROM ADAM!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:06 am 

Glambert wrote:

This just all kinds of pisses me off. At this critical stage of the show, a second song can redeem you; a single song get you booted. Not to mention ---- I WANTED 2 NEW SONGS FROM ADAM!!!!

Yeah I'm bummed too.. but I think it will hurt the other contestants a lot more than Adam, our boy can roll with anything they throw at him!!! It might even work in his favor more than anything, cos after seeing the Upright Cabaret of him singing "Why Don't You Call Me Anymore" and saw how incredible he is at something on the jazzy side, I think he's gonna SMOKE them tonight. So much of any kind of jazz is the ability to improvise and our Adam has that in SPADES baby!!! That's one of his greatest strengths I think!

But in the same vein as that, I feel kinda gypped we only get to see him achieve greatness ONCE tonight. :(

Your smileys made me giggle though! 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:09 am 
Site Admin

Rissa, thanks for letting us know.

:wtf

This is crazy. How can this be a last minute change when they are including a mentor? Obviously, if that's the case, they would have had to work with the mentor before the show. If this is all true, I guess AI just didn't bother to update their website. Gggrr!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:14 am 
Adam Bomb

nothing against Jamie Foxx but couldn't they actually find a musician to mentor the kids? weird.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:38 am 
Adam Bomb

Tinydolly wrote:
nothing against Jamie Foxx but couldn't they actually find a musician to mentor the kids? weird.

Agree.

I heard from someone else that it was only one song as well, they didn't give a source though.

I didn't like the idea of two RATPACK songs, but hey I'll take anything I can get from Adam! Two songs would have been great but I guess I should just be grateful he's still in the competition.

:vote :vote :vote :vote :vote

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:45 am 

Who KNOWS what will actually be happening by the time we get to showtime tonight? At this rate they'll replace all the judges with jackelopes and make the contestants engage in a discourse on theocracies of the 17th century instead of singing.

It's so hard to really know what's really going down because so many crazy rumors get started and with the viral nature of the internet things hit hard and fast I can't tell you how many places I read swearing Adam said Simon wants to lick his butt when he called in at the UC this past weekend!

However, I think the Foxx thing might be on track because one of the backup singers (Syberspace) on her twitter made the following statements:

(Posted 14 hours ago) "Sorry to disappoint. Adam will be singing... a song. ;-)" I think that was in response to someone asking her what Adam was going to sing. The "A song" is a bit telling though.

"Honestly, I won't b spilling the Idol tea on songs 4 2morrow ppl. U won't b gettn any specifics outta me. So don't be startin no twit."

"At Idol rehearsal. Trying to figure out what exactly we're supposed 2 sing on this Foxx tune. I think robots would be better suited 4 this."

Jamie Foxx is actually quite well established as a musician. However, how his music ties into Rat Pack Jazz... I'm totally lost.

Also, so far I can't find any confirmation that they will be singing only one song tonight. I'm still looking for something about that interview with Paula where she confirmed it but so far can't seem to uncover it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:51 am 

Tinydolly wrote:

Christine, Jamie Foxx is an INSANE musician. After high school, he had a full scholarship to the United States International University and studied classical music and composition. He started playing the piano at 5, he's been featured on a bunch of CDs/Singles, has had 4 Grammy nominations, his second individual CD sold 1.98 million copies (certified double platinum), and had a standout performance in the move RAY, where he played Ray Charles...and remember him in Dream Girls. That was pure his own singing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:56 am 

AdamBomb1877 wrote:
Tinydolly wrote:

Christine, Jamie Foxx is an INSANE musician. After high school, he had a scholarship to the United States International University and studied classical music and composition. He started playing the piano at 5, he's been featured on a bunch of CDs/Singles, has had 4 Grammy nominations, his second individual CD sold 1.98 million copies (certified double platinum), and had a standout performance in the move RAY, where he played Ray Charles...and remember him in Dream Girls. That was pure his own singing.

Wow THANK YOU!!!! I'm gonna have to go look up more about him... I knew he was a musician but I thought it was just pretty much your standard hip-hop fare. Sounds like he's a much more prolific R&B artist than I even began to realize... hmmm might end up being quite an interesting night!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:00 pm 

Wikipedia has a lot about him. I love J.F. lol, so I am a bit of a JF nerd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Foxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:00 pm 
Adam Bomb

Why does this season seem so unorganized?!? :wtf

I want 2 songs from Adam! :-( I'll take what I can get though. I'll try not to let that ruin my fav. day of the week!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:09 pm 
Adam Bomb

THX for the info... ya learn something new everyday :D

ETA... I never saw either of those movies, I guess I should see them (where is the embarrassed smiley?lol)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:45 pm 
Adam Bomb

I was looking forward to 2 songs, but not 2 from the Rat Pack era. We will all settle for one, because we know how awesome Adam will sing............ Let's hope the others don't bring it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:54 pm 
Adam Bomb

I totally agree with you, Ankh. If it is only 1 song, it will really only hurt the other contestants. I kinda feel sorry for them.
AnkhOfTau wrote:
Glambert wrote:

Yeah I'm bummed too.. but I think it will hurt the other contestants a lot more than Adam, our boy can roll with anything they throw at him!!! It might even work in his favor more than anything, cos after seeing the Upright Cabaret of him singing "Why Don't You Call Me Anymore" and saw how incredible he is at something on the jazzy side, I think he's gonna SMOKE them tonight. So much of any kind of jazz is the ability to improvise and our Adam has that in SPADES baby!!! That's one of his greatest strengths I think!

But in the same vein as that, I feel kinda gypped we only get to see him achieve greatness ONCE tonight. :(

Your smileys made me giggle though! 8-)

"Once I'm In I Own Your Heart"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:13 pm 
Adam Bomb

I was really looking forward to two songs, too.

I don't think it's so much Jamie Foxx stepping in as a mentor as it is that they just can't get the judges to keep their comments short and to the point. GRRRRR.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:50 pm 
Adam Bomb

The latest from http://twitter.com/Syberspace

[Back up singer on AI]

"At Idol rehearsal. Remaining contestants starting to seem very comfortable working the stage! Adam definitely has raised the bar... nice!"
less than a minute ago from web

Just posted! This sounds like we are going to be very happy watching Adam tonight (as always of course). But it's sure nice to hear such an exciting thing before the performance from someone who has heard it!

:yahoo

"Let your clarity define you..."

Last edited by FlyingAce75 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

From MJ's:

UPDATE: Confirmation that each of the 5 remaining contestants will only sing one song tonight comes from the americaidol.com site:

Top 5 Results 9/8c: After five performances and millions of votes, somebody goes home tonight.

That’s from the site’s calendar page. I’m guessing the producers figured out they’d never be able to squeeze 10 performances into one hour. The result was probably a scramble to find a last-minute mentor, and the kids told, “Sorry, ditch one of the songs you’ve been practicing.” AI.com was previously promoting a 10-song episode.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:57 pm 
Adam Bomb

I knew they wouldn't fit 10 songs into an hour but aren't they going to have to much time for 5 songs now?? They better make it interesting and not just waste time talking about random stuff or have 100 commercials.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:50 pm 
Adam Bomb

MJ has a couple people going to the dress rehearsal, so it looks like we'll get spoilers! :rock

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:00 pm 
Adam Bomb

FlyingAce75 wrote:
The latest from http://twitter.com/Syberspace

[Back up singer on AI]

"At Idol rehearsal. Remaining contestants starting to seem very comfortable working the stage! Adam definitely has raised the bar... nice!"
less than a minute ago from web

Just posted! This sounds like we are going to be very happy watching Adam tonight (as always of course). But it's sure nice to hear such an exciting thing before the performance from someone who has heard it!

:yahoo

AAAAAH! So excited. :yahoo :chicken Will be back on here tomorrow to discuss. My bf will get jealous of Adam if I'm chatting about him to you all at his place tonight. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:08 pm 

I love Jamie Foxx!
I would rather hear the Idols sing 2 songs and forget the judge crap. Why do they need to comment anymore? It's America that is voting...let us hear 2 songs and make our own choices. Why do the judges need to say anything?
:mad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:40 pm 
Adam Bomb

SPOILERS!

Kris Allen - “The Way You Look Tonight”
Allison Iraheta - “Someone to Watch Over Me”
Matt Giraud - “My Funny Valentine”
Danny Gokey - “Come Rain Come Shine”
Adam Lambert - “Feeling Good” (the muse version)

From MJ's blog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:44 pm 

Sky wrote:
SPOILERS!

Kris Allen - “The Way You Look Tonight”
Matt Giraud - “My Funny Valentine”
Danny Gokey - “Come Rain Come Shine”
Adam Lambert - “Feeling Good” (the muse version)

From MJ's blog

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

I love you Sky. That is all. I go die now.

:thud :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud

(did I happen to mention how happy I am?)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:46 pm 
Adam Bomb

Oh my....he is brilliant! He really thinks carefully when he picks his songs. I love that he stays true to himself. I'm listening to the muse version...Adam is going to be untouchable I feel!

:vote :vote :vote :vote :vote :vote

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:51 pm 
Adam Bomb

Additional info added to spoilers:

SPOILERS!

Kris Allen - “The Way You Look Tonight” - Jamie said “I want to make an album with you now”
Matt Giraud - “My Funny Valentine” - Jamie suggested changes - Matt doesn’t play piano
Danny Gokey - “Come Rain Come Shine” - Jamie suggested changes
Adam Lambert - “Feeling Good” (the muse version) -Jamie liked Adam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:54 pm 

I think... and I never ever ever dreamed this would be possible...

That he will unseat Mad World....

I mean, what the HELL???? He's some kind of crazy magician!!! This is one of those moments where I have to ask myself IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING????? HOW????

OH HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I'M GONNA DIEEEEE tonight!!!!!

I think this is going to scare the HELL out of people way more than Ring of Fire ever came close to if he goes anywhere NEAR the original version! And they are gonna be scared for their lives and they are gonna love it!!! People are gonna know what it's like to really feel alive tonight!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:07 pm 
Adam Bomb

**bounce!!**

I can't WAIT to hear (and see) him do this!! Squee!!

This almost makes up for not getting two songs. He's going to be awesome. I've got my cell all charged up and ready to vote like crazy for the two hours!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

I think Adam will Adamize the song, it will be a jazzy version like Muse but certainly not a copy. I might drop dead over the complete hotness of Adam singing this.

VOTE PEOPLE, like your life depended on it!
:vote :vote :vote :vote :vote :vote :vote

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:27 pm 
Adam Bomb

I agree Sharon. Adam will make this his own. I really don't think Adam will make this as avant garde as say RoF was since it did "scare" a few people. He seemed pretty congnizant of the mixed reactions after he did it.

It will be an instant favorite for all Adam fanatics, I'm sure. :mrgreen: