ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AGGRESSIVE VOTING STAGEGIES - NEVER AGAIN IN THE BOTTOM 2!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:03 am 
Site Admin

Thanks to Jim for finding this and bringing it over! :kiss

CREDIT TO IDOLFORUMS FOR ALL INFORMATION LISTED BELOW

rohm/adam lambert

Never Again - will Adam be in the bottom! We cannot be Complacent! No Vote Splitting!

PART A:
SUMMARY OF VOTING METHODS

ADAM'S TELEPHONE NUMBERS:
* 1-866-IDOLS - _ _
* 1-866-43657 - _ _
* TEXT “VOTE” TO 57_ _

rohm/adam lambert

ALL CALLS & TEXT MESSAGES must be "OFFICIALLY" WITHIN the Continental US, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands SUBJECT TO TIME ZONE RESTRICTIONS & WITHIN THE 2-HOUR CALLING PERIOD.

LANDLINES: toll free calls; each call is confirmed.

CELL PHONES: toll free; each call is confirmed; your calls will use up your plan minutes; your cell phone's area code - not your geographic location's area code - determines your Time Zone restrictions & 2-hour open voting period.

TEXT MESSAGING is restricted to AT&T MOBILITY Subscribers with 2-way text messaging handset/capabilities only (verify first with your phone carrier); only 1 confirmation sent after your first text message; "message not sent" may appear on your handset if text message does not go thru; your phone's area code determines your open voting window period; cost subject to your plan features or standard rates apply; you will be charged for each message sent from and received by your wireless device, regardless of delivery and including invalid votes cast outside of the specified time period. "Premium" rates do not apply. See http://www.ATT.com for details, or visit an AT&T Mobility store.
/rohm

EFFICIENT TEXT MESSAGING: Send 'VOTE' ONLY to a 4 digit contestant number: 57_ _. Send following text votes by RESENDING "VOTE" - no need to re-type "VOTE."

rohm/adam lambert

OPTION #1: POWER TEXTING (credit to Jess):

Text between 3K-5K votes in 2 hours - by power texting 10 votes at a time:

1. Create 10 contacts with Adam's 57** number, title them "Adam 1", "Adam 2", up to "Adam 10"**
2. Create a caller group named "Adam"
3. Add the 10 contacts to the caller group.
4. Type "VOTE", send to, select "Adam" caller group with the 10 Adam text numbers in it.
5. Send text (it'll take a few seconds since it's sending 10 instead of 1).
6. It should take you right back to your Sent box, select the text you just sent, hit forward, select the caller group again, and send!
7. Repeat!

**if having problems with setting up same number for each of the 10 contacts, put same phone number (57_ _) in different slots: Adam 1 in work 1, Adam 2 in work 2, Adam 3 in Home, Adam 4 in Mobile, etc. (credit to eyelinergoddess)

OR

create 10 different contact numbers - then edit later.

Send 10 texts about every 30 seconds. Prepare your next 10 while one set of 10 is being sent, so you have it ready to instantly send when the previous set is transmitted.

05/02/09: Power texting option from FallingLikeRain:

I found out another way to power text recently, but it depends on the type of cellphone you have. This might be good if your phone allows you to send multiple texts at one time (mine allows 10). Or maybe the contact groups thing will work to; I can't personally test it because my phone doesn't allow it.

Here's my strategy:

1. Go to "Create New Message."
2. Type "VOTE" into the message area.
3. Go to "TO:" and type in "57__" ten times.
4. Don't click send!
5. Instead, I exit out as if "preferring" to not send whatever I was going to text.
6. The phone asks me "Save as drafts?" I click "YES."
7. Go back to the text message main window where "Inbox", "Outbox", etc. is and click on "Drafts."
8. Inside that folder is that text I "preferred not to send."
9. I click on what I drafted and notice that the ten voting numbers along with "VOTE" is already written and I won't have to keep typing it in, essentially wasting more time when I need to be sending more votes.
10. Continue to click "Send"/"Forward" over and over because now I don't have to keep typing in the numbers.

This method allows me to get AT LEAST 4,000 texts in within two hours. thumbsup.gif I hope this can applied to others' phones as well!

FallingLikeRain/adam lambert

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GROUP TEXTING ON IPHONES:

http://www.macworld.com/article/138438/ ... ptext.html

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/ind ... 96088.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIGITAL OR VOICE OVER INTERNET PROTOCOL (VOIP) like Vonage or Skype (Skype for International fans: you can only vote using Skype after the show airs in the Eastern/Central timezones). : calls are re-routed, so the area code of the geographic area where it's routed determines your time zone & 2-hour open voting window period; call provider to verify cost & other details.

Skype: for US Voters only - vote after the show airs in the Eastern/Central timezones.

rohm/adam lambert
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DialIdol: http://www.dialidol.com/; need phone modem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL FANS:

Note: Add the number "1" in the phone numbers when calling.

Gizmo (International & U.S. fans: programs like gizmocall often need reconnecting and the number re-added.):

* http://gizmo5.com/pc/, OR

* http://www.gizmocall.com: Just enter the phone number into the left hand side and hit the green call button.

For International fans: vote after the 8 pm Eastern/7 pm Central show. It won't work during the Mountain or Pacific time zones. Need: internet connected computer with a browser and Flash version 9 or better.

* http://icall.com/ (International fans & U.S. fans)

VFTW forum on technical details for Dial Idol, Gizmo, Skype:

http://www.votefortheworst.com/forum/topic5659.html

WORLD CLOCK TIME CONVERSIONS:

current time conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

future time conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

rohm/adam lambert

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUY AT&T GO PHONES:

http://www.wireless.att.com/source/connect/gophone/

Find an AT&T retail store near you:

http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"OFFICIALLY" UNACCEPTABLE VOTING METHODS PER AI WEBSITE: Pay Phones, internet voting, power dialers.

FULL TEXT of "official voting rules" from AI site:

http://www.americanidol.com/faq/

rohm/adam lambert

===========================================================

/rohm

PART B:
EFFECTIVE VOTING STRATEGIES

This is a compilation of strategies from many fans:

Team Strategies:

* hold voting parties
* involve nieces, nephews & young children
* start chain group e-mails to officemates , friends, relatives - with idolforum links, videos, pics, etc. & and ask to "please pass it along to 5 friends."
* ask everyone at the office to vote for Adam
* if you're the boss or business owner: offer pizza for dinner voting parties, allow use of several landlines in one desk; use speaker phone option.

rohm/adam lambert

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International Fans - outside the US:

* send group e-mail and group messages from your Facebook, myspace, etc. to family & friends living inside the Continental US, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Post messages in these sites visible to ALL.
* use Viral Marketing strategies: attaching/embedding links, videos, pictures, graphics, etc. & requesting recipient to "pass along this message to 5 friends."
* use Gizmo & Skype voting

rohm/adam lambert

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Strategies:

* texting is fastest way to vote: you can get several cell phones with different area codes/different time zones
* vote aggressively non-stop 2 hours
* no need to complete the recorded confirmation
* use several voting methods simultaneously (texting, several landlines, several cell phones, use Gizmo, Dial Idol, etc.)
* if having difficulty voting in the first hour, try in the second hour (credit to Crazy4Connie)
* start voting at the middle of the last song
* first call: check that the call is credited to Adam; check periodically thereafter & change phone # immediately if needed
* for effective Voting Methods - including effective texting techniques - please see Part A- Effective Voting Methods (landline, cell phone, texting, Dial Idol, Gizmo, Vonage, & Skype)
* fully charge all your cell phones and mobile landline sets

rohm/adam lambert

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technology Strategies:

* send group messages from your myspace, Facebook, Friendster, youtube, etc. & post messages, videos, pics, etc. for Visitors to view
* use Viral Marketing strategies: ask your friends to "please pass along this message to 5 friends" & attach idolforumlinks, videos, graphics, pictures, etc.
* use group e-mail messages
* use efficient texting methods: please see other thread on Part A - Voting Methods.
* use bluetoooth technology & speaker phone
* please share technical details for Dial Idol. Gizmo, Vonage, Skype

rohm/adam lambert

SAMPLE MESSAGE FOR GROUP E-MAILS & GROUP MESSAGES FROM YOUR FACEBOOK, MYSPACE, YOUTUBE SITES & POST THIS MESSAGE ON YOUR SITE:

* Don't be Complacent! Vote for the next big superstar on American Idol - Adam Lambert - for 2 hours non-stop. Simon Cowell even gave Adam a rare standing ovation.
* Please Register & post in our Adam Lambert forum: http://idolforums.com/index.php?showforum=580
* Enjoy Adam's video performances: http://www.thebestarts.com/AdamLambert/ ... fault.aspx
* Please pass this entire message along to 5 friends.
* Thank you very much for supporting Adam Lambert.

rohm/adam lambert

FANS:

1. Please advise of any corrections or suggestions to improve content/details
2. Please add important technical information for Dial Idol, Gizmo, Vonage, Skype.

THANKS SO MUCH.

rohm/adam lambert

===========================================================

credit to almostgolden:

#1...KEEP BUMPING THIS PAGE!

#2...PROMOTE....PROMOTE...PROMOTE:
-E-mail friends, family , etc. telling them about Adam. Encourage them to watch the show and vote for him if they like his performances. Ask them to vote as much as they can duringthe entire 2 hours and ask them to spread the word by e-mailing others.
-E-mail radio stations in your area letting the DJ's know you are a fan of Adam Lambert & why. Most of them talk about AI on their shows and they're going to talk the most about the contestants their listeners want to hear about so let them know you want to hear about Adam. You can usually find the radio station's e-mail addresses and sometimes direct e-mail links on their web pages.
-E-mail entertainment publications (People, Entertainment Weekly, In Touch, Rolling Stone, Variety,etc.) and entertainment shows (Extra, Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, E! Entertainment Network, Ellen, Larry King Live) and let them know you're an Adam fan. They will feature the most popular contestants prominently in any articles & stories they do on the show. Again, addresses are on their web sites.
-E-mail Music Critics or Entertainment Writers at your local newspaper. Many of them are doing blogs and stories on AI right now. The more they write about Adam, the more interest and the more people will tune in to see him.
-Creative types can make "Vote Adam Lambert for American Idol" flyers. Make sure to put what time the show is on and what channel it's on in your city. You can distribute these on car windows in your apartment complex, work place, shopping centers, dorms, etc.
-Vote for Adam in all the AI Polls you can find. Google "American Idol Polls" and some of them come up.
-Search "Adam Lambert" on Google & Yahoo search engines regularly. The day's "Most Popular" searches are usually featured on their home pages and it's good publicity for him. This is also tracked by Neilsen to gauge a contestant's popularlty.
-Watch Adam's videos on You Tube. Favorite them, Rate them and Leave Comments about them. This can also get him on a Most Popular list on that site.
-If you're on MySpace send out a "Bulletin" to all your "Friends" encouraging them to watch the show and vote for Adam.
-Go to Music related chat rooms and post about him. I know there are some Music chat rooms on MySpace. Encourage music lovers to watch the show.
-When you see articles on-line about Adam or AI, leave comments. Let all the writers and critics know how popular he is.
-Post here and on the American Idol Forum. His post totals are among the highest and again this shows TPTB how much interest there is in him.
-Buy Adam's songs and videos on ITunes. This also gets tracked by TPTB and people in the music industry.
-If you know anyone going to the AI show, encourage them to bring a sign for Adam so when the camera pans, there are lots of Adam signs in the house.

almostgolden/adam lambert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3...VOTE....VOTE....VOTE:
-Use as many phones as you can get your hands on. Disposable cell phones (like the Go Phone) are relatively cheap ($29.99-ish at places like Best Buy & Wal Mart) and can give you an extra line or free up your cell phone for texting. Also remember you can use your cell phone and your landline phone. Re-dial is an Idol fans best friend.
-Vote for the entire 2 hours even if you think Adam is "safe".
-Don't split votes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4...SHOW ADAM THE LOVE
-Write Adam fan mail to show him he's appreciated. They have long hours and it's exhausting. Many contestants have commented in the past about what a great motivator and "pick me up" their fan mail is.
-Write Adam fan mail so TPTB know how popular he is. I'm sure they track who's getting the most mail.
Most Mail=Most Popular=Most Facetime
Here's the address:
Adam Lambert, c/o American Idol, Stage 36/3rd Floor, CBS Studios, 7800 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036

Post subject: Re: AGGRESSIVE VOTING STAGEGIES - NEVER AGAIN IN THE BOTTOM 2!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:15 am 
Adam Bomb

Thanks Laurie! I'm more than happy to do anything I can to help Adam win this thing...as is everyone else here as well! The comments left by Weetzie and others at the other voting strategies thread here on our Forums also has some excellent power voting tips as well!! (The thread I am referring too is titled something like "Voting Plan PROMOTE THE VOTE Save the Real Rock Star")....Since we do not have the time to actually check out and validate everything that is listed on this long compilation of power voting tips and strategies, I urge everyone here to make sure and do a little personal research on your own between now and Tuesday regarding any of the voting strategies listed in this long compilation before actually attempting any of them.....Also if you want to leave copies of this information (in the form of a single link for aggressive powervoting tips and strategies) at other pro-Adam message boards out there in cyberspace, then here's the link that you can copy and paste easily into other sites:

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=606369

You may want to mention as a kind of disclaimer / warning message with the link about making sure to research any of these strategies on your own though before attempting to use them on your own this Tueday where ever you may decide to leave this link.

Adam is going to win this thing though because we will be relentless!!....If the Danny fans think they are vigilant voters....just wait until they get a load of what we can bring to the table when we decide to act like a unified force for Adam!! We will be like the Borg from Star Trek and resistance will be futile!! lol!....:rockstar :rockstar :D

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

Last edited by FreddyFudpucker on Mon May 04, 2009 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:09 am 
Adam Bomb

Thanks for posting this very important info.

I wanted to mention a couple of things. Most people tend to take breaks in between hours...so if you're a person who needs to take a 5 minute break or so do it at another time and try to vote during the switching from one hour to the next, that way you'll be more likely to get your votes through.

Also, I heard if you're using a landline you have to wait for the click after the thank you message for it to count....don't know if this is true...I'd call AI somehow to find out for sure but I'm so sick right now...please let me know if you know about this.

I heard one girl handed out like 500 bottles of black nailpolish to customers at her cosmetic store with flyers saying to vote for Adam and they all seemed to really want to help....how neat is that...maybe you can come up with something else creative to get people to vote!

Spread the word... :vote

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:30 pm 
Adam Bomb

Rohm, one slight correction to power texting instructions:
under "OPTION #1: POWER TEXTING:"
it should be "create 10 contacts with Adam's 57** number" (not 87** number.).
THANKS> :vote

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

anna wrote:
Rohm, one slight correction to power texting instructions:
under "OPTION #1: POWER TEXTING:"
it should be "create 10 contacts with Adam's 57** number" (not 87** number.).
THANKS> :vote

Got it! Thanks!! :kiss

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:45 pm 
Adam Bomb

I just posted the following comments on the idolforums messageboard for Adam Lambert about whether any of these power texting options can also be used with an AT&T Go-Phone....I never got a good response from the other location there where I started a new thread topic about this......here's the post I left there....So hopefully we will get a confirmation on the exact text voting capabilities of the AT&T Go-Phones from someone there who has actual experience in using them to power text votes for Adam:

Does anyone here happen to know if we can use "option 2" listed in the thread starting post for power text voting 10 text votes at a time from an AT&T Go-phone with the unlimitted texting option?.....I am here from TALC (The Adam Lambert Connection) and I am trying to get an answer to this question so that I can bring that info back to the TALC fansite....We have several members there that are interested in purchasing Go-Phones but there is some trepidation about what the exact power text voting capabilities are for these Go-Phones compared to other AT&T cell phones. So if anyone here has ever used a Go-Phone to power text votes before, then PLEASE let us know if we can use any of the power texting options listed in the thread starting post with the Go-Phone.

Thanks for your time and assistance on this!

I also just want to say thanks to all the awesome fans here that put those awesome power voting strategies together like that for us to use!!....We have posted a copy of those strategies at the TALC forum and mentioned at the start of the thread that we obtained this information from you guys in capital letters! (the thread on our forums where this is posted is titled something like "Aggressive Voting Strategies...We Will Never Let Adam Be In The Bottom Two Again") We really appreciate all your hard work in putting that together like that,....Great idea too! So please come visit us sometime over at TALC....My name is FreddyFudpucker over there as well. You guys are awesome! Lets Rock The Vote for Adam from here on out!!

EDIT: And Anna, I am passing your comments on to the idolforum messageboard so that they can make that correction on thier messageboard too!....thanks for catching that!!

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much Jim! :kiss That would be awesome if we could find out if there is a way to power text on AT&T Go Phones, especially on the model most of us own which is under $20.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:02 pm 
Adam Bomb

Im going to try that Tomorrow

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:49 pm 

I got my AT&T phone up and running!!!!

Tomorrows phone count for me will be 3 (maybe 4) phones to call on.. a land line to call... and a AT&T phone text on. WOO!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:11 pm 
Adam Bomb

Well so far no one seems to know the answer to the question about the power text voting capabilities of a Go-Phone....Why don't some of you all who already have Go-Phones see if you can use either of the options mentioned in the big list of options for power texting votes for DWTS tonight......Try and experiment with both options 1 and 2 and see if there is a way to make those options work on a Go-Phone.....Option 2 requires that you can send more than one text at a time though so I don't know?.......I was really hoping to use a Go-Phone to power text votes too.....But we may end up facing the cold hard facts that its simply not possible....but you did say that your daughter used a manual retype text voting strategy that did yield over 1500 votes and that is nothing to sneeze at!!....SO for all of you that have already purchased a Go-Phone, do not despair because you will be able to make good use of them one way or another....Also please find out how to use it to its maximum capacity tonight on DWTS and get back with us about that! I am going to try and see of I can hook up either DialIdol or Gizmo tonight for DWTS and I will report back on how well that went. We will figure out a way to maximize our voting potential one way or the other!!....And of course I will be hitting redial over and over on my cell....but the busy signals may be a major setback with the phones tomorrow night....At least for the first 30-40 minutes after the phone lines open I'll bet!

Oh yeah...Rohm from the Adam lambert fansite on idolforums sends his thanks to us (well Ana really lol!) for finding that typo in the option 1 instructions for power texting votes!....He has made the correction to the original manuscript so that our link now reflects the correction too...and he is still trying to find out more about the Go-Phones for us....I really like the spirit of working together with other fansites like his too!....plus it appears he is a fellow Manbert like me and that is always nice to find too lol!....Apparently the Lambskanks have a homebase there at idolforums as well....And they have an exclusive Lambskanks only thread there as well lol!

looks like your loaded up and ready to go for tomorrow night JJ! We will be relentless tomorrow night!! They have no idea what kind of voting force we are capable of becoming!!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:49 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hi all, please see my post

URGENT - International fans need info from you

denise

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

Voting Strategies are up on the blog. It's a condensed version of all the voting info with links to bring people here for more details. This info will get picked up in Goggle searches and hopefully continue to spread the word about voting for Adam.

http://theadamlambertconnection.com/

Quote:
Hi all, please see my post

URGENT - International fans need info from you

denise

Denise, I responded to you in your thread. :)

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=696

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:05 am 
Adam Bomb

FWIW:

I checked out my RAZR GoPhone and I can set up a group for texting. I went ahead and set up Idol 1-Idol 10 with the number 5701 planning to correct as needed tomorrow. As a test, I made a group called Me1 - Me5 with my regular cell # and texted the word "test" to the "Me" group. When I checked my phone, I had only received ONE text, not FIVE..... I am wondering if this power texting actually works. There is no info in the outbox to show me 5 went out. I am thinking that the group only works if there are different phone #s perhaps, which we won't have. If it takes 30 seconds to process that and we get only one text, I'm better off sending individual ones every 3-5 seconds.

Any thoughts on this?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:12 am 

Glambert wrote:
FWIW:

I checked out my RAZR GoPhone and I can set up a group for texting. I went ahead and set up Idol 1-Idol 10 with the number 5701 planning to correct as needed tomorrow. As a test, I made a group called Me1 - Me5 with my regular cell # and texted the word "test" to the "Me" group. When I checked my phone, I had only received ONE text, not FIVE..... I am wondering if this power texting actually works. There is no info in the outbox to show me 5 went out. I am thinking that the group only works if there are different phone #s perhaps, which we won't have. If it takes 30 seconds to process that and we get only one text, I'm better off sending individual ones every 3-5 seconds.

Any thoughts on this?

I have a regular RAZR V3 (Not a GOPhone)... I figured out tonight that I can group text, but it takes a little bit longer.

Here is what I do...

Step 1: Click Menu
Step2: Messages
Step 3: Create Message
Step 4: New Text Msg
Step 5: Write "Vote"
Step 6: One Time Entry
Step 7: insert numbers (I entered my other cell phone # 14 times and got them all)
Step 8: hit send
***Step 9: Outgoing messages
Step 10: go to the "VOTE" message
Step 11: "Read"
Step 12: "status"
Step 13: "Resend"***

Im not sure if steps 9-13 resend them all. it may be faster to just re-do steps 1-8.

Like I said, this takes a little bit longer, but I am sure you will get in a grove. Following these steps, and entering a 10 digit phone number, took about 10 seconds. im sure with a 4 digit number, it will be much less time.

hope this works for you!!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:03 pm 
Adam Bomb

AdamBomb1877 wrote:
Glambert wrote:
FWIW:

Any thoughts on this?

I have a regular RAZR V3 (Not a GOPhone)... I figured out tonight that I can group text, but it takes a little bit longer.

Here is what I do...

Step 1: Click Menu
Step2: Messages
Step 3: Create Message
Step 4: New Text Msg
Step 5: Write "Vote"
Step 6: One Time Entry
Step 7: insert numbers (I entered my other cell phone # 14 times and got them all)
Step 8: hit send
***Step 9: Outgoing messages
Step 10: go to the "VOTE" message
Step 11: "Read"
Step 12: "status"
Step 13: "Resend"***

Im not sure if steps 9-13 resend them all. it may be faster to just re-do steps 1-8.

Like I said, this takes a little bit longer, but I am sure you will get in a grove. Following these steps, and entering a 10 digit phone number, took about 10 seconds. im sure with a 4 digit number, it will be much less time.

hope this works for you!!

After I type "Vote" and go to Send To, my only options are whatever is in the address book; new number; or new email. I do not have "One Time Entry". This IS a RAZR V3 phone but I do not have that option. Unless I can come up with more info or something I am missing, I will just repeat single text. I can still send about 1200 texts that way if I stick with it (which I plan to do) and if DH gives up his RAZR, I will do the same on his. In the meanwhile I will do the best I can with text on the iPhone until about 8:30, then I will start dialing as it is faster but I don't have unlimited minutes until 9:00. DI is set and ready to go. That's about all I can do.

I would suggest that anyone who is thinking of power text voting - test it to see if it works first. There is no point in taking extra time to text if you only produce 1 text anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:28 pm 

K here is news on my phone!

I am using a Motorola Z9 (other Moto users might be able to do this similarly, not sure!)

For my test I did the following:

1) Set up three new separate contacts using my mobile phone number
2) Created new message list called TEST ME and added the three contacts I created
3) Sent message to the TEST ME message list that says Test me!!!
4) I received THREE separate incoming tests with the message!

I even went into the message status of the outgoing message and it confirms it was sent three times.

So for me ONE text to the message list I created ended up being received THREE times for the THREE contacts in the group. So it definitely seems like that on at least some phones, they will receive as many votes from your phone as you have contacts in your group/list.

I think a lot might really depend on each and every individual phone - I am still annoyed my much much more expensive winmo smartphone will NOT do distributed texts based on a predefined list! So much for smart! :D My "dumb" phone is smarter!

Thank you to all who suggested TESTING this first to make sure we're not wasting any time! Seems like there are so many variables and I could have wasted a LOT of time had my phone not been capable of sending more than one text per message.

This really is becoming quite the tactical exercise isn't it? It's SO exciting... it's like we're all pushing as hard as we can to give birth to this big, beautiful rock star that will bring magic and joy to the whole world! :hearts

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:01 pm 
Adam Bomb

I hope fans at other boards are running these tests as well. The Bombs who frequent other boards - can it be suggested at those boards to test in advance so we are not wasting votes? Clearly each phone has its own system of texting/group texting. Best to know what will be accomplished in advance.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:34 pm 

I hope this doesn't sound totally stupid, but I'd just like to say one other thing about our strategy tonight in regards to my feelings about my fellow Adam Bombs.

PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF PHYSICALLY TODAY! We're all under emotional and mental stress right now. Excitement is a large part of it but our brains are gonna be releasing a lot of powerful chemicals.

Like many of you, stress and excitement can KILL my appetite. But to avoid crashing later on tonight when our energy will be needed most, please make sure to try to hit some healthy snacks throughout the day... raw veggies, nuts, fruit, etc. If you like eggs, a hard boiled egg for lunch or dinner is a great idea. I hate eggs but I'm having a big bowl of roasted peanuts, some oatmeal and an apple. Also WATER WATER WATER.. stay hydrated! I don't care if you have to spend your whole voting time in the bathroom, staying hydrated will REALLY help your energy level and also help you feel better tomorrow when the real nerves will REALLY set in and it will be out of our hands what happens. Watch out for lots of caffeine and energy drinks... you can crash at the wrong time with those things. A big chunk of very dark chocolate or some acai berry juice will give you a GREAT boost! I know many of us didn't sleep well last night but if you start to really feel shagged out, you can set an alarm and grab a 15-25min power nap, those work WONDERS!

I don't mean to sound like such a goober but sometimes it's easy to forget how stress and excitement can affect our bodies and I want all my Adam Bombs healthy and happy and also with plenty of energy to spare tonight. :D I care about each and every one of you and I couldn't dream of getting to this night without finding you guys and your amazing support!!! :hearts

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:59 pm 
Adam Bomb

Ok so dial idol I looked for the pull down menu on the what I guess the main page on the site? I didn't see anything that would say if it's working properly. I thought I had down loaded the program but I don't see it listed under my list of programs on my computer and I don't see it on desk top so I don't know if it downloaded or not.

My computer works through a modem Motorola through Optimum online. My phone computer and cable box all work together. I have the three way thing. So I don't know if my computer is set up properly for dial idol to work. I don't want to start messing around with it now. If anyone can help thanks.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:37 pm 
Adam Bomb

Joy, after you download dialidol, open up your downloads, find DI and open and "run,." you'll see the page and how to do it. I'm an old lady with no computer savvy and I figured it out! The trick is having a phone modem, which my desktop does have. But it'll still install on you computer even if you don't and when you do the check to see if it's working, it'll say it's not connecting to a modem.