ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VERY IMPORTANT POWER TEXTING INFO PLEASE READ ASAP!
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:02 pm 
Adam Bomb

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT POWER TEXTING!!...In response to Glambert and Lurie's observations (and others here as well).

I am posting a warning message at Idolforums and here (with this message) to PLEASE MAKE SURE AND TEST any AT&T phone (Go-Phones and I-Phones especially!) to see whether or not the power texting method you are planning to use tonight will actually work the way you think it is working....i.e. to find out if your phone is actually sending more than one text with each power text sending cycle!!.....Some users of Go-Phones (and other AT&T phones with texting capacity) have found out through running private tests on thier phones that while they think they are sending out multiple votes (10 - 20 votes at a time) with each sending cycle, they are actually only sending one text message per sending cycle!...You can test to find out if your power texting method really works or not by sending multiple simultanous texts to another cell phone (that can receive texts of course) in one single sending cycle ....And then check to see if you only actually recieved one text or whether you in fact did receive the multiple texts as a result on the recieving cell phone!.....THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT b/c while you may be wasting time loading up mutiple texts for one sending cycle that could take up to 45 seconds (or longer) per sending cycle, ONLY ONE text might actually be getting through per sending cycle (not the 10 - 20 texts per sending cycle that you may have thought you were sending per cylce!!)....AND If you discover from a simple test like this that you are actually only sending one text per texting cycle, then PLEASE CHANGE your texting strategy to now be for only one single text per sending cycle!!....because it only takes around 8 - 10 seconds to send a single text message (as opposed to 45 seconds or longer to load up and text a group text of multiple texts per sending cycle).....And so you would then end up texting much faster and much more efficiently one text at a time in this case as opposed to wasting valuable time setting up this big group of texts between sending cycles when in the end only one text per cycle is getting through anyway!....SO THE ONLY way to be sure that your power texting method is working The way it is suppose to work IS TO TEST IT FIRST!!....by sending mass texts to another cell phone in one send and then checking to see how many texts you actually received on that cell phone!!....PLEASE Spread the word!!

ALSO NOTE that this information is based on several tests that other Adam fans here have run....Sometimes all the texts do show up on the receiving cell phone like they are suppose too....and other times they don't.....It May have something to do with some AT&T phones not being able to send out mass texts to the same number repeated over and over 10 to 20 times in a group....i.e. in some cases the phones may only be able to send mass texts to a group of numbers that are all different from one another.....While in other cases (depending on the type of phone Go-Phone or other type) the phone is capable of actually sending the mass text with all of them going to the same number.....So I have been told that the only way to know for sure if each mass text vote is getting through is by running one of these private tests like I described.

ALSO PLEASE KEEP PERIODICALLY BUMPING THIS THREAD BACK TO THE TOP OF THE FORUMS BOARD!

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

Post subject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ASAP!
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 pm 

Freddy thank you so so much for all this work you've put into helping people with their phones.

I really hope Adam finds out how hard people like you are working for him!!!!!

Thanks for being such an amazing Adam Bomb!!!!!! We <3 you!!!!

:grouphug :grouphug

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for putting this texting info together Jim! :kiss

Bump :)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

I did a little experiment with my 20.00 GoPhone and it would not send more than 1 text at a time. I'm still happy I have the phone, if the lines are busy I can text 1 vote in pretty quick and keep repeating that.
I think the other AT&T phones worked but not the 20.00 one.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

I tested my iPhone last night on DWTS. I was able to send a vote for each unique number at the same time. Hopefully, they will have 3 numbers each tonight. Didn't they have numbers for the Top 12/13?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

Sandy, thats right, they should have three numbers for tonight. So all of us with our 20.00 GoPhones will at least be able to send in 3 texts at a time.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:45 pm 
Adam Bomb

flynnsgirl wrote:
Sandy, thats right, they should have three numbers for tonight. So all of us with our 20.00 GoPhones will at least be able to send in 3 texts at a time.

For consistency and since this came up again as in the other thread --

While the Idols often get multiple phone numbers, there is only ONE TEXT NUMBER.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:54 pm 
Adam Bomb

Great post Freddy! Bumping it up!

:vote :vote :rockstar :rockstar

"Let your clarity define you..."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:30 pm 
Adam Bomb

I agree so I think I might kind have the idea now. What I'm going to do is save the word vote in where it says folder and then type in Adams 4 digit number over and over and over again and then send.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Joy wrote:
I agree so I think I might kind have the idea now. What I'm going to do is save the word vote in where it says folder and then type in Adams 4 digit number over and over and over again and then send.

Joy, that sounds similar to what Ali tried to do, but found out that only 1 text came through when she tested it. Be sure to test it out by sending the multiple texts to another cell phone before you use it tonight. If it will only send one text, then, you will get more votes in by texting one number at a time.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Glambert wrote:
flynnsgirl wrote:

For consistency and since this came up again as in the other thread --

While the Idols often get multiple phone numbers, there is only ONE TEXT NUMBER.

Bummer, didn't know that. Never paid attention to the text numbers before.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:57 pm 
Adam Bomb

Thanks Larissa and Laurie!.....I actually felt kind of responsible for the whole mixup though bacause I was forwarding around messages here and there about power texting capabilities and in the end may have inadvertantly given people the wrong info....I think Glambert was the first one to really notice the potential hazards of trying to power text votes on certain types of phones....but in the end I'm glad we got that all sorted out now....And I left a slew of warnings about it at the Idolforums sight b/c there were a number of threads about Go-Phones and how to power text etc....And nobody really knew for sure....If it were not for Glambert we could have all been caught in the fake power texting trap!!...So thanks a million for catching the glitch for us Glambert!.....Now tonight we will vote are little arses off!!!.....I'm going to have a landline in one hand and my cell in the other....And my wife will have her cell armed and ready....We are going to rock the h### out of that vote tonight!!

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 pm 
Adam Bomb

I hope Adam someday knows how hard you guys work to make sure that he gets the votes he deserves and moves forward. You guys rock for all that you do to help the rest of us who barely have time to watch the show and vote afterwards. I really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:26 pm 
Adam Bomb

I got this from another Adam fansite, but I think it has useful info. I am going to contact AT&T about my GoPhone to see if there is a way to set up power texting for next week. I tried all the methods suggested on this thread (THANK YOU everyone for your suggestions) but I was only able to send a single text at at time. Also, I wanted to mention that another way to test how many text messages are being sent may be to monitor your account online. My GoPhone account activity shows a record of every text sent.
---------------------------------------------------
To set up group texting, you may directly call the phone maker:

iphone:

U.S. iPhone technical support: 1-800-MY-IPHONE (1-800-694-7466)

Nokia:

Call the Nokia Care Contact Center:
Telephone: 1-888-NOKIA-2U (1-888-665-4228)
TTY/TDD: 1-800-24-NOKIA (1-800-246-6542)

Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. EST
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. EST

Motorola Cellular Support: 800-331-6456

Samsung:

Contact Center

Mobile phones: 1-888-987-HELP(4357)

* Mon - Fri : 7am - 9pm (CST)
* Sat : 9am - 6pm (CST)

Sony Ericcson:

1-866-766-9374 (Toll Free)

------------------------------------
OR
Call AT&T for technical support:

1. call 611 from your AT&T cell phone and identify your phone maker/model

2. 800-331-0500, Technical Service, if calling from a non-AT&T Phone

-----------------------------------

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT POWER TEXTING INFO PLEASE READ ASAP!
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:09 am 
Site Admin

BUMP!

Just want to make sure that all members here who are power texting have tested their phone to be sure all votes are going through. We're getting ready for a the big night! :yahoo

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:13 pm 
Adam Bomb

Thanks guys for getting the word out! I've sent this "heads up" out to a bunch of Adam twitters as well. I'm soooo excited for tonight!! :yahoo

Considered it bumped again! :vote

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:15 pm 
Adam Bomb

Does anyone have a razor phone and set up a group to power text??? I feel lame but I can't find the menu that lets me add my contacts to a group.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:51 pm 

Christine, I have one. I will PM you how I do it.