ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tention, and Beef in the Idol Forums...Always?
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:04 am 
Adam Bomb

Okay so I can't sleep, I figure I'm still trying to unwined after tonight...but anyways I decided to lurk around the idolforums and see what's going on. Personally I'm not one of those people who goes out looking for drama to get my point across. Im not much of a fighter, but when I have to be...Im a warrior. So I have always been a memeber of myidol...since oh about Ruben's year....long story forgot my name password ect... :D so i had to make a new account....

Anyways sorry long winded, must be the tea.

Ok so im in and around Adams forum and I happen to see this post entitled 'To all Adam Fans From Me' I open in and OMG I should have just turned around, took a deep breath and came back here, but nope this Gokey fan had me from the first line.

So im reading and reading, the tention in my neck is starting to strain, my head is starting to pound and I realize that my knuckles are pulsating. WOW this is not me.

Im reading and reading the replies and my goodness is there always Hostile, Tention, Beef and down right egging on over there? I can't believe it....wow!!! Everyone seems to be going crazy, I dont understand it at all :o

Everyone has just seemed to flip there lid...i cant imagine what is going to happen tomorrow night, or next tues. This one 'fan' is over there flippin everyone the bird saying that a Kris/Adam finale is asure win for Kris. Cause all the Gokey fans hate Adam and will vote for Kris, and the are going all crazy in that thread too.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the Admins, Mods, and the members of this wonderful sanctuary...A true fan club, fan base...and true fans...Who come here with support and love, and dont find the need to have to take hostile standings just to make your point.

Personally I dont think the boys would think its very tasteful if they were to go to the idol forums and see whats going on there in honor of them.

KUDOS ADAM BOMBS and theadamlambertconnection!

I'm a newb, but I have mad love for you!
Now that I got that out...I will try and sleep...see u all tomorrow as we witness our boy heading for the finals... :vote

ADAM LAMBERT FTW!!!

Post subject: Re: Tention, and Beef in the Idol Forums...Always?
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:48 am 
Adam Bomb

I have seen this first hand unfortanlly somebody on another message board I go on it's the Maroon 5 fan message boards. She hates Adam and loves Danny. We were discussing it and I didn't get mad all though she had some choice harsh words for Adam I keep my cool it's her opinion and I can't change that. But let me tell you people first hand if you stay clam and don't attack people they will notice it lol. I got a responce from her and she told me "I love reading your responces they are always very dipolmatic and poliate." Probualy one of the best complements I have gotton! You don't in any means have to be nasty to get your point across. Pactince is key :) it is true a lot of people that are Danny fans don't like Adam. But makes sense if you look deeper. What does Danny stand for? He's huge into gospel music very reglious obsivoly and lost his wife (my her soul rest in peace) so people either feel sorry for him or like him cause of his relgious background and what he stand for being a christian. Which isn't a bad thing at all I am totally for his belifs and lifestyle! But Adam on the other hand to Danny fans is the polar opisate of Danny. Who even knows what Adam stands for I am sure he believes in God and thanks him for his amazing gift of that voice! But just cause people think he is gay they use that as a reason to hate him. Which is oh so very sad in my opinion. I could care less what his sexuality is. All I care about is he is amazinly talanted and gifted and sexy and is going to be a HUGE rock star and I love him for who he is. I consider myself a caltholic but not a conserative one lol. I was raised well and believe certin things. But I also believe that God loves everybody weather your gay, straight, or bi. It is something they can't change a straight person can't be gay a gay person can't be straight. Just my thoughts sorry to go on lol. But Adam should win hands down he is the most talanted. So GO ADAM LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU HERE ON TALC!!!! :heartsblow Kisses to you and luck in the next round! :) :)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:29 am 

Amen Jewls!!!

Adams_rAIN, I know what you mean! I am more than happy to serve as proud ambassador of the Adam Bombs to run around to the different forums and get everyone riled up for vote night because after all, we're ALL Adam's Army and must be united, but my HOME is here, and it is my refuge... my sanctum! This community is as special collectively as Adam is. I think we're truly a perfect compliment to his greatness. I know it sounds biased but I DID objectively look at all the different communities via lurking and right away I knew this one was special.

I think TALC is the PERFECT reflection and compliment to Adam... we are his most beautiful love letter. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:13 am 

Every time I read something nasty about Adam, and there is plenty out there, I pull back for a second and think about how Adam might respond. When he confronted that TMZ reporter by looking him in the eye and saying "first what?" with a smile on his face, then mercifully let the guy off the hook, that was something I try to emulate. Make people accountable for what they say, but be the bigger, kinder person and move on. You can't "win" with people like that and make yourself and Adam look bad by trying to "win".

Anyway, a year from now and down the road we'll see who made the biggest impact. All that matters is that Adam gets what he needs and wants out of all this, and I know he will!!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:19 am 
Adam Bomb

That is why this forum is by far the best because there is so much love and warm fuzzy support. :kiss Don't listen to these fools. :gag :breakpc

The truth is a lot of the voters for Adam don't ever post on any of these forums or post comments. I believe from every thing I've read and seen over these adamazing months of AI that Adam has more fans by the truck load then either Kris or Danny. Either way I believe he will tear the vocal cords out of either of them trying to sing and perform against him.

:pray :pray :pray God willing we get the opportunity next week we will come through big time for Adam dial our fingers and limbs off for three hours, feel like we are giving birth and see the confetti fall on our guy. :rockstar

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:37 am 
Adam Bomb

Adam fans have been gracious everywhere I've seen them post. They have continued to love on our boy while not taking shots at other competitors. I think Adam would be VERY proud of his fans.

I'm also sure that nice guys like Kris and Danny would be/are mortified by the behavior of their "fans". What kind of "fan" are you if you don't have enough faith in your contestant's talent to understand that they are just competing against themselves? At this point each guy has to bring his A game for EVERY SINGLE performance, because in the end SOMEONE HAS TO GO. It's all any of us can do. Adam does it with every note he sings. It's just not that "easy" (in quotes because it's NOT easy, even for Adam) for most mortals.

If you are frustrated with the performance your favorite gave - don't take it out on someone else, Adam has no control over the other performances OR the judges reactions to them.

People love an underdog and Adam is NOT an underdog. He's an alpha male, very confident in his abilities and it would be disingenuous of him to "play" humble about his talent. He is too gracious and honestly humble to play stupid games like that. His vibe is "Yeah I killed it - now it's up to you - you decide." His attitude toward his fellow contestants is incredibly gracious and reads very HONEST to me. The fact that he is so well liked and looked up to by the others speaks to the genuineness of his persona.

He has obviously attracted people to the forums who are like minded. I'm proud to be an Adam fan. Win or lose - I KNOW that we will be as gracious and accepting as he IS. He wouldn't have it any other way, and neither would I. :kiss :grouphug :hearts

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:46 am 
Adam Bomb

Adams_rAiN wrote:
Okay so I can't sleep, I figure I'm still trying to unwined after tonight...but anyways I decided to lurk around the idolforums and see what's going on. Personally I'm not one of those people who goes out looking for drama to get my point across. Im not much of a fighter, but when I have to be...Im a warrior. So I have always been a memeber of myidol...since oh about Ruben's year....long story forgot my name password ect... :D so i had to make a new account....

Anyways sorry long winded, must be the tea.

Ok so im in and around Adams forum and I happen to see this post entitled 'To all Adam Fans From Me' I open in and OMG I should have just turned around, took a deep breath and came back here, but nope this Gokey fan had me from the first line.

So im reading and reading, the tention in my neck is starting to strain, my head is starting to pound and I realize that my knuckles are pulsating. WOW this is not me.

Im reading and reading the replies and my goodness is there always Hostile, Tention, Beef and down right egging on over there? I can't believe it....wow!!! Everyone seems to be going crazy, I dont understand it at all :o

Everyone has just seemed to flip there lid...i cant imagine what is going to happen tomorrow night, or next tues. This one 'fan' is over there flippin everyone the bird saying that a Kris/Adam finale is asure win for Kris. Cause all the Gokey fans hate Adam and will vote for Kris, and the are going all crazy in that thread too.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the Admins, Mods, and the members of this wonderful sanctuary...A true fan club, fan base...and true fans...Who come here with support and love, and dont find the need to have to take hostile standings just to make your point.

Personally I dont think the boys would think its very tasteful if they were to go to the idol forums and see whats going on there in honor of them.

KUDOS ADAM BOMBS and theadamlambertconnection!

I'm a newb, but I have mad love for you!
Now that I got that out...I will try and sleep...see u all tomorrow as we witness our boy heading for the finals... :vote

ADAM LAMBERT FTW!!!

Yes I have seen the things that go on at idol forums. And what worries me is that I think that is one of the places where Adam goes to find out what people think about his performances. And honestly I'm embarrassed and ashamed of some of the stuff I have read there. Most of it is extremely supportive but some of it is over the top and I think it would freak him out and scare him off, and some of the people dissect everything about him so much and some people are really negative about the most minute things. I wish if he wanted to know what people thought he would just come here where there is healthy, intelligent, SANE conversation and critique from a wide variety of viewers.

So I agree, I don't think the boys would find it very tasteful either if they saw what was going on there.

I sure love this place! :grouphug

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:29 am 
Adam Bomb

I hope that Adam either knows or will know this forum; the Idol Forum hurts my head. I think there are many people over there who live in a fantasy world with nothing better to do than rag on someone who doesn't meet their approval or tastes.

I try to take it all with a grain of salt; I trust in Adam and his talents. I know in my heart that Adam will be fine no matter what the outcome of this show; but I want him to win because I know that is his desire.

I don't "know" Adam as a person....there aren't many of us who do. So I can only provide my insight and feelings on the man as I see him; from performances to interviews to behind the scenes stuff. He seems like a "real" person to me. I get a very good feeling from all I've seen. I've developed the ability over the years to observe people and make some determination on what kind of character they might be below all the visible layers. I just love Adam...I know my feeling on his is right. I know that he wouldn't love people being mean to the contestants that he's spent so much time bonding with in this experience. I'm sure Adam has developed closer bonds with some contestants over others; but they are all still part of the same brotherhood/sisterhood and always will be. It's probably akin to a sororiety or fraternity minus the hazing (hopefully). ;)

He is a very hard working and deserving talent who deserves people in his corner who will represent him in a good light. I think TALC fits that bill and I'm proud to call it my "home".

:grouphug

"Let your clarity define you..."

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:24 pm 
Adam Bomb

I've always avoided the Idol Forums for this reason. In my opinion, they've always been a very immature/petty place! I, too, looked at a lot of forums before deciding give my time and energy to this one. TALC is THE BEST board for Adam as far as I'm concerned. :clap

The Gokey fan base (for the most part) seems to be incredibly harsh and judgmental. Let it go, guys....you can't change them. One of my favorite quotes states: "The judgment of others does not change who I am...it reveals who they are." Let people be who they are....in the end, they're the ones who have to live with themselves and their actions/decisions...and yes, one day, they will have to answer to those. What comes around, goes around....

I think it's important we (as Adam supporters) set an example of what true "fans" should act like. And I also agree with HannaB....look at how Adam handles the controversy around him. You never see him upset, getting defensive or lashing out. We need to take the confidence Adam has IN HIMSELF and apply it to our support for him. We need to set the example and turn the other cheek...in the end, this will only show how truly wonderful Adam and his true supporters are. Don't feed their fire. Don't give them anything they can come back with.

Adam supporters are very open minded and loving people. Let the closed minds do their thing...they're only hurting themselves in the long run and showing what kind of people they truly are.

Hugs to EVERYONE on this forum! You guys rock and I'm very proud to be an Adam Bomb! :kiss

:grouphug :hearts

Shawna (Adam Bomb #57)

"The right way is not always the popular and easy way... Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character." ~Margaret Chase Smith

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:49 pm 
Adam Bomb

HannaB wrote:
Every time I read something nasty about Adam, and there is plenty out there, I pull back for a second and think about how Adam might respond. When he confronted that TMZ reporter by looking him in the eye and saying "first what?" with a smile on his face, then mercifully let the guy off the hook, that was something I try to emulate. Make people accountable for what they say, but be the bigger, kinder person and move on. You can't "win" with people like that and make yourself and Adam look bad by trying to "win".

Anyway, a year from now and down the road we'll see who made the biggest impact. All that matters is that Adam gets what he needs and wants out of all this, and I know he will!!

I think there no any other star out there who is as kindhearted as Adam...at least for now..hope he stays this way....

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:09 pm 

I love that quote, "The judgment of others does not change who I am...it reveals who they are."
Gonna go post that somewhere. ;) (we need one of those angel smilies that has little devil horns under the halo).

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:05 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hanna....here's the entire quote:

"The judgment of others does not change who I am... Quite the opposite is true... It reveals who they are." ~Terry McPhearson

Here's another good one:

"The right way is not always the popular and easy way... Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character." ~Margaret Chase Smith

:kiss

Shawna (Adam Bomb #57)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:24 pm 
Adam Bomb

Angel Shadow wrote:
Hanna....here's the entire quote:

"The judgment of others does not change who I am... Quite the opposite is true... It reveals who they are." ~Terry McPhearson

that's an excellent quote, Angel, It's so, so true. 8-)

The Idol forums are full of crazy, :pullhair scary-obsessed folks. I don't go there. And, I am sure the contestants find some of the fan behaviour bizzare and freaky ( not in a fun way)

I was really happy to find T.A.L.C.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:39 pm 
Adam Bomb

I have to say that this is my first experience participating in a fan forum. To this point, I have largely avoided such communities because a) I've never really been compelled by an artist to the point of participation and b) some of the forums out there are VERY SCARY. However, both of those things changed this year. Adam is the first artist in my limited existence that has moved me to share my appreciation with others. Simply put, I want to talk about Adam, his music, his likeability, his future, the whole nine yards. And I want to talk about it with others who are going to understand and appreciate where I'm coming from. Oh, and I want to share it with people who are capable of intelligent, constructive conversation (and the occasional non-constructive giggle regarding his, um, smoking good looks). There was a brief moment that I thought about joining the Idol boards, but I found this place instead. And I am so glad I did! So I am more than happy to hide out here at TALC and venture out to the scary places when bravery strikes.
:hearts

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:57 pm 

Thank you, angel! I do love that quote and at the risk of throwing stones, it so applies to Danny's fans/fanatics.

I feel silly calling people by their forum names but I can't remember real names unless they're right in front of me. So please don't be insulted if I shorten your forum name to something silly. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:55 pm 
Adam Bomb

I can relate to Fashionably Late (hee hee...I made a rhyme!) In the past, I've never been involved in forums for AI contestants, but Adam is different! Honestly, if I wouldn't have found TALC, I don't know if I would have been invoved in "forum talk" as I am with this one. I just love this group of people. :kiss

By the way, my real name is Shawna. :chicken

Shawna (Adam Bomb #57)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:25 pm 
Adam Bomb

I'll just add that I love TALC. It's so nice to come somewhere and show support for Adam. Everyone here is really great!

I can't stand to go the Idol forums, or most other boards. Because the fighting is just way too much for me. And in my experience, it always gets ugly. Far far too ugly for any of the contestants. But, that's what happens.

I saw this board linked and hightailed it over here. It's the best Adam site on the net by far. And look forward to being here for a long long time to come.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:55 am 
Adam Bomb

AnkhOfTau wrote:
Amen Jewls!!!

Adams_rAIN, I know what you mean! I am more than happy to serve as proud ambassador of the Adam Bombs to run around to the different forums and get everyone riled up for vote night because after all, we're ALL Adam's Army and must be united, but my HOME is here, and it is my refuge... my sanctum! This community is as special collectively as Adam is. I think we're truly a perfect compliment to his greatness. I know it sounds biased but I DID objectively look at all the different communities via lurking and right away I knew this one was special.

I think TALC is the PERFECT reflection and compliment to Adam... we are his most beautiful love letter. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

ha ha thanks! :) and yet that same person still makes nasty comments about Adam but I let it go. And I agree with somebody else on here that said the Danny fans seem to be angery and mean SO true. All the Danny fans I have meet have been that way it's so sad. Why can't we all just get along lol. I love this board you guys/girls rock!!!!! :grouphug :hearts