ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Really Angry About AI AT&T Scam
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:46 pm 
Adam Bomb

Leming&LambertFan wrote:

I have seen in prior weeks that Kris got most of the California votes and Adam got most of the Arkansas votes. I'd like to find out more about this but I don't know where...does anyone?

heres the link...i dont know how reliable this is tho.
http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions ... rt=Winning

you can change the week in the 'week' box

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:31 pm 
Adam Bomb

that REALLY pisses me offff :mad

i demand a RE-VOTE!!!!!!!!!!! (withOUT cheating by arkansas)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:56 pm 
Adam Bomb

mandii wrote:
i demand a RE-VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!

:D me too!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:28 pm 
Adam Bomb

Quote:
I have stated this other places but this is the main thing that gets me that is left unanswered...

I know what you mean. It is like we have accepted this and we are moving forward but in the pit of our gut, it sits there like a little nagging feeling.

It would be different if Adam had a rough finale night but he was great and more than that, he was the consistent of the bunch.....Kris said that , in fact. Wow !

Adam, the judges all state different reasons but this still does not add up, there is something fishy about the whole thing and then with the phone blocking. There are some rumors begin to grow that some Central Arkansas computer science majors implemented a program to basically keep Adam's lines busy but to make it less obvious...now and again..just enough to keep some votes out.

I must read a dozen stories a day of people not getting text message confirmation of their votes while Kris fans all seemed to get them. As if you go google searches on it, it does raise more questions than answers.

But I am betting ATT and Idol does nothing about it now just like incidents in past years..this one might have been worse than those...because this involved the finals where the scandalous vote scam stuff on previous years was Before the Finals.

But even if nothing changes anything on Idol, it would be good just to find out what went on for curiosity sake.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:38 pm 
Adam Bomb

My friend just stopped over and she wanted me to post this on her behalf.
Quote:
My friend just said what makes this harder to understand is that the judges highly favored Fantasia, Kelly, and Carrie and they all won. Women in the finals are who are frontrunners tend to win with few surprises, the men no so much. But she was shocked for that reason because granted, there were upsets when Daughtry was eliminated but that was before the finals. And David Archuleta was the frontrunner last year but David was alway doing quite well and I was not shocked last year but Simon said the judges were very shocked when Cookie wpm.
This year, they say they were not shocked..because they saw last year , upsets can happen. :thud

She said something had to be askew with the votes or something wacky was going on. But naturaly most of the media comes up with theories and analysis but it is deeper than that.

Of course no one getting paid by Idol is going to speak up about the voting system or look into this. ..sadly.
:-(

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:03 am 
Adam Bomb

New article further proof. Dammit AI needs to apologize to Adam and all of his fans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/27/busin ... .html?_r=1

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:34 pm 
Adam Bomb

damn ATT. im leaving as soon as my contract is over....

GRRRR. this really makes me sick. :fingers
sorry, just had to...

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:45 pm 
Adam Bomb

Rosie wrote:
While I totally understand and respect everyone's anger over Adam's "loss", and I'm not in any way defending AI or AT&T, it is my MY (just MINE) opinion that the root cause of Adam's loss is not to be found in vote fixing/dirty tricks, but rather in something truly MUCH MORE disturbing. As decent human beings, when we see injustice it's instinctual to DEMAND that the wrong be righted and we desperately want to find someone/something to blame and hold accountable.

It is very hard for us to accept that the blame may lie in the hearts and souls of our fellow Americans, because frankly, if you are here, your brain just doesn't work that way!

I would never presume to tell others what they should or shouldn't do, but for ME (just ME), I choose to pour my energy and passion into "positive" action, support causes that are fighting the fight every single day to win equality for all Americans. Win the hearts and minds with the grace and positivity that Adam and Kris are displaying RIGHT NOW.

That's my .02 (and not worth that much!) :kiss

I agree with the points Rosie has made. I'm just thankful that Adam was able to use AI as a vehicle to gain exposure and develop a fan base for his artistry. I know it is very easy to become upset when you've invested so much time to utilize a voting system that should be deemed as fair. But if you think about it, how many of us used whatever means possible to vote for our favorite? It's very sad to know that the nation as a whole is still not ready to accept people without regard to their own personal beliefs...I do believe that played the largest part in the reason behind Adam not winning the competition. But it hasn't hurt Adam in any way.

Some battles will just not be won. I'm praying for the day to come when everyone will be treated equally. That fight will garner my support and effort. I appreciate and understand everyone's point of view. This is a great forum and venue to vent and express our concerns, angers, fears, and wishes.

:grouphug

"Let your clarity define you..."

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:06 pm 
Adam Bomb

I am a newbie here, but I am just gonna step right on in. My biggest concern here is that in everyone's quest for the truth, or for some way to deal with Adam's loss that his fans go overboard and create an unpleasant atmosphere surrounding him. This was so similar to season two when Clay was beaten by Ruben. The margin was slim and everyone was pissed off. Ruben's fans were pissed off because they felt their idol was not given the opportunity to enjoy his win. Clay's fans were pissed because they feel he was the rightful winner. The deal that season was the disclaimer at the end of the program which reserves the producers rights to throw out power votes or something like that. Clay's fans thought that they producers had arbitrarily and underhandedly utilized that provision. I think Adams fans should not expect or desire that, because any backtracking now would not only hurt Kris, but Adam as well.

I am certain that Kris won. Fair and square. I had commented on another blog I frequent that this was like the curse of the front runner. Someone responded that is was more like America usually settling for mediocrity or at least being more comfortable with someone that looks more like them, that they can relate to.

While I think the voting should be changed, this is the way it has been since the inception of the show , and I see no reason for it to change now. Admittedly, the ATT part of this sucks as it is patently unfair for a sponsor to promote a contestant, but I am sure the Adam's fans used
similar methods.

The remedy? Support Adam in a positive fashion. Don't shed negative light on a situation that he is turning into pure gold. As the presumptive winner, he was getting some negative press. As the gracious, unique, and ultra-talented runner up, he is getting more positive press, and will have less pressure on him to produce.

Let Kris wear the crown, let Adam revel in his crowning glory, his talent. It will speak for him.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:17 pm 
Adam Bomb

Thank you, Abbysee, that was very well put! :clap And I think that an attitude like that is one that Adam would agree with! :grouphug

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:39 pm 
Adam Bomb

Here is a brand new article about it from realitytvworld.com:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/at%2 ... p-9038.php

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:02 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hoda and Kathie Lee was talking about this today.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:05 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hi, Abbysee....Welcome to the board! :kiss

I don't think people are intentionally trying to bring negativity to the situation, but I understand where you're coming from. I think most people are concerned with the situation itself (the voting issue...not the Adam vs Kris issue).

I still believe that all the statements coming out are simply because people are being forced to respond and they have to cover their butts. No one will ever admit what they did or accept responsibility. They'll make a few statements and hide in a hole until this blows over.

Personally, I find this whole thing exhausting and I'm moving on. :thud

Love to all my fellow Bombs! :grouphug

Shawna (Adam Bomb #57)

"The right way is not always the popular and easy way... Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character." ~Margaret Chase Smith

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:42 am 
Adam Bomb

Adam and his mother have both said that they are not surprised by the results. Adam said is not just a singing competition but it is also about who the voters can relate to, why they identify with. Adam has said that his style is different and not what some are accustomed to. Plus he gives Kris so much credit for his artisty and talent.

I have read a lot of articles examining this. Most believe Kris won because he was the underdog and America loves an underdog plus he is the small town guy struggling to make it in the music business. His type of music is familiar and he is more of a cookie cutter idol. He seems more like others who have won Ameican Idol and the singers they hear on the radio.

TV Guide said...the demographics of those who vote the most often were favorable to Kris.

Kimberly Locke said: Middle America votes and they want someone they can relate to. They want someone they can put in a nice, neat box.

I listened to Randy and Simon on Ryan's show last week... said they believe that Kris got Danny's votes as they were more similar in style musically. And Randy said Adam was out of the box and oftem the voters want to put a singer in a box.

But the judges mostly feel that Kris was greatly helped by getting the Gokey votes as they believe he got most of those.

That got me thinking about past years and how the 3rd place finisher..is rather important in terms of Where will their votes go.

I just heard, and I cannot remember where...something that sums it all up... that Voters did not kknow want to do with Adam...they saw he was a great singer with a big stage presence....but he was diffferent than anyone they have ever seen on Ameircan Idol. They were used to a certain type of singer after watching for 8 years. Maybe having Adam on the show this year will change the way people look at who can be the American Idol in the future.

We love Adam because he is so unique, different, and unlike any contestant ever to be on the Idol stage. He cannot be boxed in and has versatility and stage presence.

We vote for for the star....many fans of this show vote for someone like themselves, who they identify with and believe they can come from a small town and make it big.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:54 am 
Adam Bomb

When I start analyzing this too much and thinking about it too much, I remember that Adam said he is not disappointed. Idol gave he and Kris a great opportunity. He said, " this put us both on the map and we are going to have a great future".

I keep trying to remember Adam's words that he was happy to be in the Final and stay on the show as long as possible. He said it was not about the results but what happens in the future as this show opened doors for him.

In his interviews, he said he just wanted the chance and Idol gave that to him. This show is a launching pad for his career that take him to new heights he might not otherwise have had.

Chris Daughtry did not win, Jennifer Hudson did not win and neither did Elliot Yamin. You will hear them on the radio and see them on TV. Hudson was on Ellen yesterday. These 3 did not even make it to the finals..netiher did Kellie Pickler who is now a successful country singer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:35 am 
Adam Bomb

The voting process is nothing but a hoax. American Idol is an entertainment show and they choose the winners, not us.
You can go to the library and check this video out or order it from Amazon. Past contestants talk about their Idol experience and how lines are blocked to regulate the voting process.

Last edited by Pris on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:13 am 
Adam Bomb

your video doesnt work, its just a picture =/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:12 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hi...I am hardly ever on this site and just found this thread. A group of us worked on this voting issue for quite awhile, and have filed complaints with the FCC. Reality show, game show, whatever...FRAUD BY WIRE IS STILL A FEDERAL OFFENSE. I am not going to get into it here, too much. However, if you are interested to see our reasoning/points go to http://www.NYMichael.com and check out our thread there titled "The AT&T Voting Debacle"...something like that. It explains what information we gathered and who we sent it to. We are awaiting the outcome of the investigation.

Whatever happens, I will never vote again. Yes, I will watch Idol, because it is entertaining. But I will never again get caught up in believing my vote means anything. Of course, I need not worry...nobody will "sweep me off my feet" ever again like Adam has.

I will also add...our goal is not to take the title away from Kris. Our actions have nothing to do with Kris and Adam. Kris and Adam are in good places right now, and we have moved on to celebrating Adam's future and supporting him. It is more to do with big business and government being able to walk all over us, the consumers and citizens, and taking away our rights.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:30 pm 
Adam Bomb

AT&T gave me a refund on all the texts I sent for Adam (finale) on my phone that I did not have unlimited texting.

Glambert #1618

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:06 pm 
Adam Bomb

a refund? wow, guess they really did block all of adams votes.

well too bad. i would hate if they took away the crown from kris. but i honestly dont think its fair.

LEAVING AT&T

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:16 pm 
Adam Bomb

My votes counted but they still gave me a refund.

Glambert #1618