ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Really Angry About AI AT&T Scam
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:49 pm 
Adam Bomb

Extra did a whole expose on this today.
http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2009/05/w ... _legit.php

Let me get this clear I get that Adam and Kris are friends and don't want to talk about this. I get it. But this isn't even about them. It's about the viewer. It's about the public. They were just caught in this mess.

This is without a doubt the biggest scam fix in the history of television. Have you guys ever heard of the historic 60 Million Dollar Question scam? A movie called Quiz Show was made about this. I will not let this go and neither should anyone who voted on this stupid show. I am ticked off.

After hearing all over the place about Arkansas and their 38 million votes with the combination of AT&T handing out go phones throughout the state and teaching people how to power text I am ready to email and call American Idol. This can not be ignored this cannot. This is not about the show or the contestants it's about the public. Where was American Idol? Weren't they supposedly tracking for these kind of problems? Why was Adam's lines busy for three hours and Kris's lines completely clear? What happened here? I was going to let this go, but now I have to speak my mind.

I bought two go phones to vote for Adam. We all got suckered into this scam so AT&T could sell as many phones and service that they could get while they conducted this despicable scam. It is a very powerful thing when the public knows that their vote does not count. It's one thing to vote for free with your phone it's another thing to fraud the public and sucker them into buying AT&T phones and service.

This is disgraceful. Everyone is saying that Arkansas won this for Kris, but if the voting was done with individual votes it would clearly be Adam's. American Idol and AT&T should not get away with this. If you think that ignoring this is going to make the problem away it will not. It will only happen again and probably not only on American Idol.

Post subject: Re: Really Angry About AI AT&T Scam
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:13 pm 
Adam Bomb

excuse me?
giving away go phones?
you mean for FREE?
ummm...
is that really fair to adam?
so thats where the 4thousand votes came from on average from his hometown?
ok i wasnt mad about kris winning, cuz i thought it was a fair win...
but if this is true, i'll be P.O.ed

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:22 pm 
Adam Bomb

I am pissed I am really pissed. I watched Larry King tonight and when they showed Ryan saying that Kris won Kris had his head down with this ashamed look on his face. He is so embarrased by this disaster. He knows it's Adam's he knows. He even said he felt bad tonight. Kris is a great guy and he is caught in this mess. This is going to hang over him for a long time it's sad really. I know Adam and Kris want to move on and that's fine for them, but the public has a right to be outraged for being taken for a ride.

I just posted this message In the AI forum under the judges section. I may get sent to camp for it, but I don't care. I am ready to email and call these a** wipes. :pullhair :mad

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:34 pm 

It's never going to be fair. Non-Adam fans were outraged that Adam's picture was on the cover of EW during the competition because they felt that was an unfair advantage.

As for the voting, last season we knew that Syesha did not get more votes than Jason in Top 4 week because every single voting site showed Jason ahead of her by huge percentages. However, Jason was eliminated that week. AI is a powerful machine. You can try to fight them but you won't win. No one who can make a difference will take them on; no one wants the bad publicity.

You can write to them and complain, as many of us did last year. Many people wrote to Coke and Ford complaining about the secrecy behind the voting, saying they would not patronize their companies, etc. but it didn't matter. I'm not saying you shouldn't do what is in your heart, and I'm angry about it too, but after using massive amounts of energy and time trying to fight the system last season, many of us found out that it won't make a difference. If you can get a lawyer to file a formal complaint for you maybe they'll pay attention, but honestly, I doubt they will.

I don't think Adam gave up the win, nor do I think Kris knows for sure that Adam should have won. Kris is a very humble guy and that plays into his reactions. He said in an interview that he adores Adam, and we know he's amazed by Adam's talent. It is what it is, they're past it, and for whatever reason Kris won the title. We can be angry and upset and feel cheated, and every single person is entitled to their feelings, but it won't change the outcome. When Clay's fans were outrageously verbally outraged about his loss, people called them crazy and sour grapes. When some of Jason's fans did the same last season, people started comparing them to Clay's fans too (and that was not a good thing). I've read a lot about how kind and classy Adam's fans have been, despite the outcome, and I would really like to keep it that way when we're making statements out in public.

One last thing....my friend who is also upset about the voting fiasco pointed out to me that Kris is doing amazing in his iTunes sales. So there are people out there who love him and appreciate his talent and are willing to back up their votes for him by sales of his music.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:39 pm 
Adam Bomb

This is a thread going on right now at Adam's official forum.
http://www.adamofficial.com/content/att-scandal

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:42 pm 
Adam Bomb

HannaB wrote:
It's never going to be fair. Non-Adam fans were outraged that Adam's picture was on the cover of EW during the competition because they felt that was an unfair advantage.

As for the voting, last season we knew that Syesha did not get more votes than Jason in Top 4 week because every single voting site showed Jason ahead of her by huge percentages. However, Jason was eliminated that week. AI is a powerful machine. You can try to fight them but you won't win. No one who can make a difference will take them on; no one wants the bad publicity.

You can write to them and complain, as many of us did last year. Many people wrote to Coke and Ford complaining about the secrecy behind the voting, saying they would not patronize their companies, etc. but it didn't matter. I'm not saying you shouldn't do what is in your heart, and I'm angry about it too, but after using massive amounts of energy and time trying to fight the system last season, many of us found out that it won't make a difference. If you can get a lawyer to file a formal complaint for you maybe they'll pay attention, but honestly, I doubt they will.

I don't think Adam gave up the win, nor do I think Kris knows for sure that Adam should have won. Kris is a very humble guy and that plays into his reactions. He said in an interview that he adores Adam, and we know he's amazed by Adam's talent. It is what it is, they're past it, and for whatever reason Kris won the title. We can be angry and upset and feel cheated, and every single person is entitled to their feelings, but it won't change the outcome. When Clay's fans were outrageously verbally outraged about his loss, people called them crazy and sour grapes. When some of Jason's fans did the same last season, people started comparing them to Clay's fans too (and that was not a good thing). I've read a lot about how kind and classy Adam's fans have been, despite the outcome, and I would really like to keep it that way when we're making statements out in public.

One last thing....my friend who is also upset about the voting fiasco pointed out to me that Kris is doing amazing in his iTunes sales. So there are people out there who love him and appreciate his talent and are willing to back up their votes for him by sales of his music.

Yes but this is about suckering the public into to buying AT&T phones and service it should not be ignored. I hope the press blows this thing up. Like I said before this goes beyond Adam and Kris. This is fraud plain and simple. I have a right to express my opinion. I know that AI is a huge machine. I am done with the show that's for sure. After this season the whole show can implode for all I care. I just wanted to make my voice heard on this. I am not going to waste my energy with this crap either, but I had to get this out. I just posted on the AI forum and probably will be sent to camp now, but I don't care. I'm not going to bring this on Adam's forum or anywhere else. But I felt comfortable with you guys and I wanted to get it out.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:02 am 
Adam Bomb

The computer program they are referring to is Gizmo. Trying to size up the competition, I went to the Kris Nation website. Gizmo allowed voting from 4-8 am EST, and the same 4 hours (non voting times) went for other times zones. I thought then, boy that is unfair. I never saw Gizmo promoted on any of Adam's fan boards, although I may have missed it.

I agree AT&T made out like a bandit, I doubt if Idol will change anything. I am glad that it is being brought to light. I do not mind computer dialing, but the off hours voting is cheating.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:06 am 
Adam Bomb

agree 100%

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:26 am 

Joy I hope you didn't think I'm telling you not to state your feelings here. We should feel safe enough here to say what we want here on this forum.

My friend used Gizmo and a Hawaiian address to vote for an extra 2 hours for Adam too.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:28 am 
Site Admin

Joy, I hear what you are saying loud and clear. After I heard the results, I knew what happened long before we got the stats about Arkansas. I believe that Adam got the votes from the most people, but Kris got the largest number of votes which gave him the win. If Idol only allowed each viewer to vote once, you would have a winner based on popular opinion. However, Idol wouldn't be able to claim their "100 million votes" on the results show which leads many to believe that their viewing audience is huge. I watched Kris Allen's interview with Billy Bush tonight where Billy indicated that Kris got more votes from Arkansas than the governor did. Well, that's because the citizens were only allowed to vote once for the governor, but that fact was not even discussed.

I wasn't aware that Arkansas gave out AT&T Go Phones which could be used to power text. Joy, where did you hear that?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:27 am 
Adam Bomb

I heard it on Adam's official site forum. The thread was call AT&T scandal or something like. It was on the front page of his forum for hours tonight. And if you do a search of Idol Arkansas and Kris you will find it. I'm sure there will be much more about this written soon.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:38 am 
Adam Bomb

ATT DID WHAT?!

they can actually do that?
i mean wtf are they doing scamming people like that?!?!?!

hell yeah.
<3
adam BOMB 470<3

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:29 am 
Adam Bomb

I agree with luv2laugh. They are perfectly capable of allowing just one vote per phoneline, but then Idol couldn't claim "almost 100 million votes". Adam is the real American Idol - and everyone knows it, including Kris.

That being said, Adam's talent is so exceptional that winning Idol was unnecessary for him. Unfortunately, there are going to be marketing forces out there all competing for a piece of him and I just hope he has someone who he can trust who is looking out for him and his best interests. Adam is very smart, but he is also extremely nice, and I would be afraid that someone will use that to take advantage of him.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:11 am 
Adam Bomb

While I agree that both Adam and Kris seem happy with the end result, I also agree that the viewers deserve more transparency here. After all, it is is just as much a disservice to Kris as it is to Adam if the vote was skewed inappropriately. We are not really talking about sour grapes here if you ask me, because almost everyone is still praising Adam in the press and he has an AWESOME career ahead...what we are talking about is people who gave up plenty of money and sleep just to vote all season on AI...who deserve answers from them about what is really going on. The fact that they never announced the vote percentages like they have in past years has set a lot of people up for much paranoia...so why don't they just open up?

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:13 am 
Adam Bomb

If this is all true than that would be a very sad thing for Idol and AT&T to have to stoop to in order to create more drama for their show.....It wouldn't suprise me though....To AI, these contestants are nothing more than pawns in their game....Just mechanisms to make them more money....If AT&T was giving away go-phones and instructions on how to power text with them then I think that is crossing the line big time....It will be hard to explain why Kris received such a huge number of votes from Arkansas.....Outside of Arkansas it looks like Adam must have crushed Kris then....And they are saying that Kris had the widest overall appeal in the US because he is more wholesome and less theatening??....How do they figure that once you step outside Kris's home state?

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:37 am 
Adam Bomb

While I totally understand and respect everyone's anger over Adam's "loss", and I'm not in any way defending AI or AT&T, it is my MY (just MINE) opinion that the root cause of Adam's loss is not to be found in vote fixing/dirty tricks, but rather in something truly MUCH MORE disturbing. As decent human beings, when we see injustice it's instinctual to DEMAND that the wrong be righted and we desperately want to find someone/something to blame and hold accountable.

It is very hard for us to accept that the blame may lie in the hearts and souls of our fellow Americans, because frankly, if you are here, your brain just doesn't work that way!

I would never presume to tell others what they should or shouldn't do, but for ME (just ME), I choose to pour my energy and passion into "positive" action, support causes that are fighting the fight every single day to win equality for all Americans. Win the hearts and minds with the grace and positivity that Adam and Kris are displaying RIGHT NOW.

That's my .02 (and not worth that much!) :kiss

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:58 am 
Adam Bomb

I respect everyone's opinions here. For me this isn't about Adam and Kris. I think what was said about AI and that the contestants are a pawn in their game is perfect. That's the case here. Why should anyone bother to vote next year and get sucked into this trap? You just never know if your vote counted or not? We will never know if this vote total from this week or that week is real? This is a huge scam to sell phones and service that's what this about. This stupid show is a complete fraud a complete joke with no credibility.

Adam was smarter then everyone he knew that this show was bull he was smart he knew it was all about staying on the show as long as possible. He knew it wasn't about winning a title it was about moving the audience. As he said in his confessional the madness that is American Idol. The contestants are kept in the dark just like the public it makes for wonderful drama. He was the best ever on that show and he was drawing in ratings and selling all the songs on I Tunes. AI was always going to have Adam make it to the finale and the whole bottom three thing was all set up like everyone thought to get everyone to run out and buy Go PHones and so called "vote". It's all an orchestrated drama fest.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:52 pm 
Adam Bomb

I can tell you what happened to me on Tuesday night. For the first 3 hrs. , whenever I would dial Adam's numbers, I would get a dial tone,and instead of the idol recorded message, I got silence. I have an AT&T go phone with unlimited texting, I tried texting my votes, but I got the following message SMS CENTRE. Since I didn't know what that meant, I called AT&T and was put on hold for an hr., Finally I was able to talk to somebody and I asked what that meant, and this was there response, your settings were changed, I was clueless as to how this happened, I live alone and I didn't change the settings. I asked how the settings were changed and AT&T RESPONDED, they changed them, that it's done all the time, well, I got very pissed and I reminded them that I had unlimited texting and they had better change it back so that I could text. I have been all over the net AND HAVE READ STORIES just like mine. Add to this that AT&T is one of idols sponsers and they gave phones to arkansas residents, I saw the local arkansas tv station talking about it, this was a conflict of interest.
Here is the real kick in the teeth, AT&T'S headquarters is in Little Rock Arkansas, same as Kris.

The night that Adam ended up in the bottom 3, I had the same problems with my landline that I had Tuesday night.

I don't know if you watch dancing with the stars, AT&T is also there sponser, my neighbor couldn't vote for her fav, she called verizon and they said that AT&T had the East coast lines blocked for her fav contestant.

The sad thing is that Adam and Kris are victims and as mad as I am, I'm glad that he won't be tied into a 5yr. contract.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:57 pm 
Adam Bomb

"Here is the real kick in the teeth, AT&T'S headquarters is in Little Rock Arkansas, same as Kris."

Well that clenches it doesn't it wow. I posted this news on AI forum they think I'm making it up. People should do their research and find out for themselves. I hate AT&T.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:24 am 
Adam Bomb

This is not right, but I've felt something amiss, since no vote spread numbers have surfaced. Usually, they (Idol) tell us the vote margin between the two, and they haven't said anything, just how many votes. It's also odd how many people could not even get through and what has been stated here is making sense. Something smells rotten. This show has been manipulated every year. I really 'caught on' last year because of Jason.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:44 am 
Adam Bomb

Wow......

:o

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:41 pm 
Adam Bomb

On the night of the finale, I had major problems with all of Adam's numbers. On top on endless busy signals, I got the following messages over and over:

"Your call cannot be completed as dialed."

"Due to problems with your phone company, your call did not go through."

I had a bad feeling about the AT&T Go Phones from the start.

spirit62 wrote:
Here is the real kick in the teeth, AT&T'S headquarters is in Little Rock Arkansas, same as Kris.

I've been trying to simply move on and let this go since there's nothing we can do about it...but this definately makes you step back and wonder.... :wtf

Shawna (Adam Bomb #57)

"The right way is not always the popular and easy way... Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character." ~Margaret Chase Smith

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:07 pm 
Adam Bomb

so its pretty much like Kris won Arkansas Idol.
that is really unfair though and really not nice.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:32 pm 
Adam Bomb

spirit62 wrote:
I can tell you what happened to me on Tuesday night. For the first 3 hrs. , whenever I would dial Adam's numbers, I would get a dial tone,and instead of the idol recorded message, I got silence. I have an AT&T go phone with unlimited texting, I tried texting my votes, but I got the following message SMS CENTRE. Since I didn't know what that meant, I called AT&T and was put on hold for an hr., Finally I was able to talk to somebody and I asked what that meant, and this was there response, your settings were changed, I was clueless as to how this happened, I live alone and I didn't change the settings. I asked how the settings were changed and AT&T RESPONDED, they changed them, that it's done all the time, well, I got very pissed and I reminded them that I had unlimited texting and they had better change it back so that I could text. I have been all over the net AND HAVE READ STORIES just like mine. Add to this that AT&T is one of idols sponsers and they gave phones to arkansas residents, I saw the local arkansas tv station talking about it, this was a conflict of interest.

The night that Adam ended up in the bottom 3, I had the same problems with my landline that I had Tuesday night.

I don't know if you watch dancing with the stars, AT&T is also there sponser, my neighbor couldn't vote for her fav, she called verizon and they said that AT&T had the East coast lines blocked for her fav contestant.

The sad thing is that Adam and Kris are victims and as mad as I am, I'm glad that he won't be tied into a 5yr. contract.

so thats why i couldnt get thru with my ATT cellphone, but i could on my comcast landline?
F--K ATT!!

i mean, i am glad that he isnt tied to the contract, but he still shouldve won

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:50 pm 
Adam Bomb

Rosie wrote:
While I totally understand and respect everyone's anger over Adam's "loss", and I'm not in any way defending AI or AT&T, it is my MY (just MINE) opinion that the root cause of Adam's loss is not to be found in vote fixing/dirty tricks, but rather in something truly MUCH MORE disturbing. As decent human beings, when we see injustice it's instinctual to DEMAND that the wrong be righted and we desperately want to find someone/something to blame and hold accountable.

It is very hard for us to accept that the blame may lie in the hearts and souls of our fellow Americans, because frankly, if you are here, your brain just doesn't work that way!

I would never presume to tell others what they should or shouldn't do, but for ME (just ME), I choose to pour my energy and passion into "positive" action, support causes that are fighting the fight every single day to win equality for all Americans. Win the hearts and minds with the grace and positivity that Adam and Kris are displaying RIGHT NOW.

That's my .02 (and not worth that much!) :kiss

Rosie, I tend you agree with your thoughts on this. So I guess it's MY opinion too. LOL! It's an injustice, it's wrong, but it can't be undone. And I just want to focus on supporting Adam.

I understand the anger of everyone who voted, thinking that it was going to be a FAIR, and HONEST, outcome. But as several people have posted, AI can do anything they want and manipulate things to create more drama any way they want. And, as some people have also said, I totally agree that it is a disservice to Kris as well as Adam. Jim put it perfectly when he said that these kids are nothing but pawns in the game of $$$$$$$$$$.

But I can't help my feelings either, and I feel that Adam wouldn't want his fans hurting so much about this, because, I believe he is happy......and I also KNOW that the outcome of AI Season 8 is not going to stop him!!!!!!

"Once I'm In I Own Your Heart"

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:36 am 
Adam Bomb

Here's your proof about AT&T giving out the phones and teaching Arkansas how to power text.

www.nwanews.com/adg/National/260040

"In Conway after Tuesday's performances, fans at the Estes Stadium watch party took out wireless phones and started making calls and firing off text messages - some voting on their own devices and others on phones borrowed from AT&T, which supplied about 50 display units and representatives to teach multiple "power texting."

AT&T also made about 30 phones available in a "texting zone" at a watch party at the Peabody Little Rock hotel, where Megan Lynch and friend Rainey Gibson, both 22, watched Allen perform his first song of the night, Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine."

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:04 am 
Adam Bomb

Is this even legal? Because if this continues happening then there is no point into creating shows like AI because it will just get more companies doing the exact same thing and practically earning money for it.

I didn't vote and all but there are probably 38287327 people who did and didn't get through. Wasted effort much?
This is soo ..... well yeah, you know what I mean.

hell yeah.
<3
adam BOMB 470<3

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:51 am 
Adam Bomb

Here is an article from People Magazine 2004 talking about the scandal and the problems with the voting for Idol.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/ar ... 05,00.html

Remember it really was a big story when Jennifer Hudson was eliminated much earlier than expected and John Stevens stayed and there were big problems with ATT , even landlines and some strange happenings...the writer of this article said AT least one per year..of a scandal and serious problems.I remember with Jennifer Hudson:
And storms knocked down phone lines in Illinois her home state and other places in the midwest so none of those people could vote. And this author said it has been happening since Season One...this is an article wriitten about AI Scandal 5 years ago.

The only time Idol will do anything is if they post the wrong phone numbers on the screen and when they did that in Season 3...there was a revote. But I am convinced Idol will do whatever they want and so will ATT as ATT is paying a bundle to Idol as sponsor of the show.

Also, it is easy to find people on the internet admit that they try to keep people from getting through to vote for their favorite by calling a vote in for the person they do NOT want and staying on the phone for 5-10 minutes or sometimes a lot longer ..so more busy signals and fewer votes. ..to tie up the line. There are rumors there was a lot of that going on at Kris' college. I read where it was a well coordinated, well organized power vote and while some texted and called for Kris, many worked on keeping Adam phones busy so people could not get through. I have heard of this being done in almost EVERY Season.

I went to a forum yesterday where a girl [proudly proclaimed she called Adam's line, got through and then did not hang up for 20 minutes so that way Adam only got one vote when he could have received 50 ore more votes for a person who got a busy signal.

And people brag about tying up Adam's line so his fans cannot vote and doing whatever they can...anyway they can....
My friends and I were just talking about how we have a pet peeve every year whether our favorite wins or loses. We read all over the internet, in articles, the media says..the winner has More fans..meaning number of fans.

]My friend is a math professor who says it bugs him as number of votes does not always equal number of people..that can ONLY be said when it is One Vote Per Person. The math inequality drives him nuts. He makes sense and it drives me nuts. And he said this when his favorite won a few year ago. He would say it makes no sense ..those arguments

I may be old as dirt and just being a cranky old broad, but I would never try to sabotage the other guy's vote..I just could not do that.

I have run into people who say 100, 000 people voted for who would be the American Idol ! :thud I showed this one person a chart I have of how many people voted in the last Presidential Election and that the winner got 60 million votes and the total of people who were voted was high but less than 150,000. I said,
" Do you think more people voted for American Idol finale than voted in the Presidential Election as you know darn well that even if 25 million watch the show, there are many who do not vote and many people who never watch the show.

I think I got through to one person...but wow,you have to show them stats as I cannot believe how many people on message boards and even some of my neighbors think 100,000 actual people voted.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:11 pm 
Adam Bomb

I am emotionally over the fact that he didn't "win" but I am still concerned about the voting numbers. Hey, if you don't speak up and you let people wrong you, it's gonna happen again.

I personally power voted for 4 hours straight and got through at LEAST 5,000 text votes. Multiply this by the 80 phones at&t supplied and that's 400,000. Doesn't seem like a whole lot to me....plus I know that a lot of those Arkansas voters voted for Adam...not all of those 38 million were for Kris. (I called in votes on my landline and had no trouble getting through)

I have seen in prior weeks that Kris got most of the California votes and Adam got most of the Arkansas votes. I'd like to find out more about this but I don't know where...does anyone?

I have stated this other places but this is the main thing that gets me that is left unanswered...

The week before the finale there were nearly 90 million votes with a 2 hour voting period. For the finale and there were nearly 100 million votes with a 4 hour voting period. So just 10 million more votes were gained by DOUBLING the voting period? Plus all the people that went out and got cell phones with different time zones so they could vote for up to 4 extra hours...it just doesn't make sense to me...something's missing..

Please let me know if I have any numbers wrong.

-TARA

BOW DOWN TO THE REAL AMERICAN IDOL!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:20 pm 
Adam Bomb

Wow...that's a good point too. Yeah the numbers just are not adding up this season.