ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Idolatry - Adam 5 part interview with Slezak EW
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:40 am 
Adam Bomb

Excuse me one moment...

eeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Ahem. Adam's Idolatry is up. I don't know, I freakin' love Idolatry and have been anxiously looking forward to it for...since the show started. I havent' even watched it yet, so I might be back to celebrate/bitch.

http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20007164_20174011,00.html

ETA. This guy is something else. I will try not to get all heavy on it 'cause dude just wants to chill, hehe.. but... yeah. Great admiration, respect, and a healthy dose of unabashed fangirly love from me. Rock on Adam Lambert.

Post subject: Re: Idolatry
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:10 am 
Adam Bomb

quick summary:

Part 1- basically talking about the Bill O'reilly issue, choosing those social conscience songs.

Part 2- Talks about Mad World, his sexuality and Whole Lotta Love, he was choosing between War and Tracks of my tears for Top 10.

Part 3- About Johnny Cash, saying bullshit to the country fans that felt disrespected by his ROF performance.

Part 4- Talks about helping people pick songs, like Lil/Jesse/ and Allison. Talks about how the Slow Ride duet came about and how it was Slezak's top 3 moments on Idol. Adam praises Allison, and how during the duet, they just feed off each other's energy..adison :) (adam obviously cares deeply for Allison- says she has such raw natural talent, powerful voice, etc..

Part 5- talks about the finale and his performance with Kiss- how Adam just found out about the Gene Simmons comment about not being a rocker. Adam said that Gene did not want him to wear the boots, but Adam said he has wore them many of times, sometimes "drunk", so he had nothing to worry about. Talks about his Kiss jacket- its three parts: a crocodile skinned jacket, the shoulder pads from Bob Mackey, and like a leather slip or something.

Adam also got 15 points for saving the rocker (allison)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:37 am 
Adam Bomb

The best Adam's interview BY FAR! LOOOOVED IT!
What a sweet, smart, chill boy with an amazing self-awareness! (..and many more wonderful characteristics.. but I'll better safe it for the Bomb shelter :D ) There is no surprise that we all went completely crazy over him! :grouphug My hubby was hoping that I'll get back to my senses after the Idol is over... :roflmao

Idolatry didn't disappoint for sure! :clap Elly, thanks for bringing it to the house so fast! ;)

Last edited by Adamafied on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:23 am 
Adam Bomb

i love love loveeeeed that interview. given my compulsion to watch his interviews over and over and over again, this whole 5-part thing could be a serious problem. whole days might be lost!

i loved everything and especially that he seemed to get a little snarky in there. i love that he is a sweet humble guy, but him ripping on clay and gene today made me love him just a little more.

and i wonder who he meant when he said "go buy THAT guy's album... i dont care" hehe. im guessing "he who shall not be named"

and the end was hilarious "thanks for taking the piss outta me... i deserve an eyeroll, let's face it im kinda ridiculous" so cute and selfaware. *sigh*

Slezak. you are a winner. :clap

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:59 am 
Adam Bomb

Okay I might seriously be a crazy person, but I just spent an hour rewatching Idolatry and writing out my thoughts. It turned into a sort of essay about a bunch of issues , based on what Adam said during the interview. I'm going to post it here (because it's two in the morning and my better-judgement filter is down!) and if it's a problem or is just annoying I apologize. (Although in my sleep deprived state I'm kind of proud of it!)

Adam's Idolatry: A Late Night Essay When I Should Be Sleeping

Also titled: "...People understood that. Some people didn't, you know, so then go buy that guy's record."

I had a probably unheathly amount of anticipation for Adam's episode. As someone who appreciates honest visceral and emotional reactions, open discussion, and a healthy dose of snark, I am a big fan of Idolatry. Slezak may have started out lagging behind the train, but he was on board after a few weeks and I felt he was very supportive of Adam (not all his contributers were, to be fair). So I was looking forward to a happy relaxed,and most importantly, HONEST Adam Lambert interview. I really feel like Adam was just spectacular. The last couple days Adam's personality has been coming out in less filtered doses, and from what I've seen so far the guy is truly awesome. I'm going to pick just a few things that really stood out to me.

-"I thought we were just singing?" So obviously Adam Lambert became a poster boy for certain civil rights issues during the Idol season, at least in the eyes of many media outlets. Adam's candor in admitting that he didn't necessarily want that distinction is refreshing, because it could potentially cause some ire. He says he felt honouredm but intimidated and that it was "a lot of pressure" on him. His honesty about that is not something that everyone would give, especially since he clearly believes in the cause. Adam knows the difference between being the change,and talking about the change. That's the big thing I come away with from his comments here.

- "Is that indecent?" Referring to Bill O'Reilly's ludicrous decision to censor pictures of Adam during a hit piece on his show. It's not even worth discussion short of the fact that Adam saw it, and clearly has some feelings on the subject. O'Reilly should be ashamed of himself not only for his actions in this matter, but for the fact that the man he was after is such an intelligent, witty, compassionate, talented, good hearted dude who just made him look like an asshole. (You know, because he is). But Adam's response is golden: "Whatever." It calms the protective nerves to know that Adam is aware that there are two ways you can deal with crap like this: take it personally, live scared, shrivel up and die. Or, Whatever. I agree.

- "I think Gene Simmons is just trying to be Gene Simmons.... Did you hear him sing on the show? He sounded great."
Now, it's all in the inflection in his voice and the (charmingly devilish) look on his face, but Adam Lambert just called Gene Simmons a shitty singer.Okay, not in so many words. And maybe it was more along the lines of "his voice is not what it used to be," but at any rate, saying that at all is kind of a brave thing to say. My reaction was a gleefull grin and a heartfelt mental high-five. Gene Simmons said Adam Lambert does not have a rock voice. I believe during this same conversation Simmons also discussed the many trips to Jupiter he's taken with his alien friends in their snowball spaceship as it flies through Hades. Adam left this statement open for interpretation, but watch Michael Slezak's reaction (as well as your own gut) and you'll know what's going on. Followed up by the tone in Adam's voice while discussing Gene's condescending concern that Adam would fall off his fabulous platform boots, the moment is priceless. This might be a moment that gets Adam in trouble with the hater crowd, but you know what? The man was not wrong (while also being charming and witty. And very good looking, because that never hurts).

- "Shy?" The word doesn't belong in the same neighborhood as my name, Adam implied, while giving a genius "bitch please" face when Slezak commended Adam for not shying away from flaunting some sexuality on the Idol stage. I am very pleased to see Adam still look so thrilled that he had the opportunity to sing Zeppelin on the happy family show, complete with not-so-subtle phallic references. This was a personal favourite of mine during the show, and it felt a bit like liberation (if on a small stage unable or unwilling to embrace it in all its heated glory. Just ask the camera operators). Love to Slezak for showing the down and dirtiest parts of the performance during the discussion. Of course the internet and anyone who bothers to pay attention knows that Adam's physicality on Idol was hugely tame compared to some of the performances he's given in the past. It's exciting from a fan point of view to see Adam excited about the times he got to really push things, because one can only believe that he will throw down in a big way in the future.

- "And I don't care if he thinks it looked like Phantom of the Opera, I had fun." Without evening mentioning Simon's name, accompanied by a dismissive (but from my viewing eye, good natured) wave of the hand. This is one of several times when Adam shows that, while he listens, he doens't necessarily agree. He knows who he is, and along with his core-deep love of music and performance, Adam loves to have fun. I think he gets that if he is having fun, so are we.

- "It's fusion- yada yada yada." Adam discusses his record. This guy will not be put in a box. If you try, he will fight. He's warning you now. He's got no time for narrowminded archaic views of the recording industry. That being said, Adam's confident claims that the label is behind his vision soothe the worried beast of fandom.

- "That's bull. Eyeroll." So he didn't actually say eyeroll, but it was damned evident. Along with putting any well meaning (but honestly, so so mistaken) Cash "fans" who decried the ultra cool arragement of Ring of Fire in their place, Adam defended his (stunningly stellar) vocals on this performance. Because no one else would (especially invididuals with "judge of a singing competition" anywhere on their resume). It is interesting and comforting to hear Adam say what fans had been practically screaming after RoF- that Johnny Cash was an innovator and a rebel, that Johnny Cash would have dug it. "Done and done." It's always nice to hear that an artist feels his fans get him, but in this instance I see an example of the fans getting to know that the artist gets THEM, as well. Now if only Slezak had asked THE question: was the shirt-lift on purpose?

- "And I got to wear a really cool tie." Again, inflection is a big part of the immense charm of this comment. He made several in regards to his styling, outfits, costumes and other various words for the pieces of cloth that make up a big part of the sexy party that is Adam Lambert. For me, these comments and smiles and laughter that accompanied them have such a sense of fun and adventure, which is pretty endearing for a guy that often goes to some pretty intense places while performing. Adam Lambert is a dichotomy (at least!) of the best kind.

- "I knew people would figure that out, if they were savvy enough." From your lips to the media's ears, Adam Lambert. We get it, they get it, everyone gets it. Why are we still talking about it like it's something, when it was nothing a long, long time ago. The public has spoken: Adam Lambert is beloved by a large number of people. These people? They know who he is, because he was never hiding. He said it best himself months ago, "I am who I am."

My number one favourite moment:

"I'm kind of ridiculous, I know that." Completely unprompted, Adam spontaneously thanks Slezak for "taking the piss out of" him, and says he "deserves a bit of an eye roll now and then." The sweetness with which he makes this statement is charming and very self-aware. He ends by agreeing that he knows it was out of love, and that he "knew you guys got it." And maybe the most telling part of this exchange? I believed him. Part of being good at the kind of performance that Adam does is knowing it's over the top, and being completely comfortable and in control of it. Which Adam clearly is.

I know this was likely overwrought and over-dissected, but the interview was so full of gems. Comments, expressions, and moments that made me smile, made me feel, or made me think. Or all of them at once. That's just kind of what Adam Lambert does.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:17 am 
Adam Bomb

DR Z: Excellent analysis.

I am very impressed with his interviews. He is so calm and cool. Nothing ruffles his feathers. He is just all about the music and entertaining people.

I loved what he said about the song, Black and White, being about Civil Rights and current to today's events.

He is charismatic and sincere.

I love how he just ignores people like Bill O who are homophobic bigots.
He just lets all of that roll off his back. That will serve him well and be an asset in his career as a superstar icon. As the more famous he becomes and more his career excels, tabloid journalists will go after him trying to dig up dirt. And I think he will handle very well.

He iis far more mature than many guys his age,well beyond his years.

And those who condemn for his lifestyle are growing smaller and smaller.
Things are changing and people are becoming lmore open minded, tolerant, and accepting. As the song he sang said: Change is gonna come.

I heard an interview the other day where he said he wants to be a role model to kids who feel they are different and feel like an outsider and not accepted for who they are. I say, Bravo Adam !! :clap

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:23 am 
Adam Bomb

drzhivago - that was PERFECT. i agree with each and every thing you said. every day i think that i cannot possibly love and respect him any more than i do... and then he just gives us more to love and respect.

he really is an inspiration.

again, excellent job. a great read!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:25 am 
Adam Bomb

Wonderful interview.Lifting up jaw from carpet as I write .
Watching Adam is amazing.It's like you've ordered a good Bordeaux bottle of red wine at a restaurant, and are expecting something really good, but instead you get a bottle of fabulous Chateau Petrus - the most expensive and best wine in France .

:cheers

Post subject: Re: Idolatry - Adam 5 part interview with Slezak EW
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:00 am 
Adam Bomb

Love Adam's attitude. He's not intimidated and is honest about how he feels.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:47 am 
Adam Bomb

Just when I thought I couldn't love Adam any more than I already did, this (5 part!) interview comes along. Slezak is genius at interviewing, and it helps to have someone to interview who is so smart and well spoken.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:12 am 

Slezak is a great interviewer and I love how both of them talked music in a pretty deep way. Every once in awhile I'd have to grin about Slezak's red hair. also loved Adam's humility yet his ability to silently say "I'm great, I know it, and so do you!"
Thanks for posting...always look forward to Slezak's videos/columns.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:34 pm 
Adam Bomb

I think this is another interview I'll be replaying a few (hundred) times. Z....I could have written that analysis myself, so thanks for sparing me 30 minutes of my time :clap I'll just add that Adam's snarkiness is truly awesome, and I'm loving him even more for it!!! :yahoo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:26 pm 
Adam Bomb

this is probably the best interview of adam EVER!

just when i thought i cound not love him anymore...
GOD!!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:30 pm 
Adam Bomb

Could someone please send me the direct link to the fifth part of the Interview? I have watched the first four and they are AWESOME but it says the fifth one is loading but then nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :kiss :kiss

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:46 pm 
Adam Bomb

Sheila wrote:
Could someone please send me the direct link to the fifth part of the Interview? I have watched the first four and they are AWESOME but it says the fifth one is loading but then nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :kiss :kiss

Try this Sheila: http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,2000716 ... 11,00.html

I loved the 5 part interview! I have really grown to really like Micheal Slezak (and Kristen Baldwin for that matter) and thier Idolatry show. Thier show about Rock Week was so spot on as well!....But this is one of my favorite (if not my faovorite) Adam interview thus far! I also loved the synopsis / Analysis you made drzhivago! I really enjoyed reading that! Thanks for taking the time to write that for us!

EDIT: Sorry Sheila but the link I posted takes you back to part 1 and so I really don't know how to post a link just to part 5....maybe you can get it to work better now by clicking on part 5 of the interview? best of luck!!

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:51 pm 
Adam Bomb

Thanks FREDDY!! :kiss

What is weird is I am only showing four videos so I can't click on the fifth one? WTHey?

HAD TO COME BACK AND TELL YOU I GOT THE FIFTH SEGMENT FREDDY USING YOUR LINK!!
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!

What a great interview. A clear picture of our Fantastic Adam, totally at ease, and himself. Speaking his mind, and looking gorgeous all the while he was doing it. I think this will be an interview I will watch many times. Especially now with part FIVE which was so much fun!!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:04 pm 
Adam Bomb

Drzhivago, I just had to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your "essay". LOL! Your words are so insightful and so spot on. You should share this with Adam. I SO agree with everything you said.

And I agree with everyone else, this is probably the BEST interview I've seen Adam do so far...the most relaxed and "real" I've ever seen him.

I didn't think it was possible, but I flove him more! :thud

"Once I'm In I Own Your Heart"

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:01 pm 
Adam Bomb

Downloadable links:

Part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QE3QLTOA

Part 2:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3M22PUBV

Part 3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QN48YY8J

Part 4: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EYQLYQ2C

Part 5:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8ILQW64G

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:19 pm 
Adam Bomb

Charmqn wrote:

SQUEE! THANK YOU! :yahoo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:47 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hey everyone. I had SO much trouble trying to get Part 5 of the Idolatry interview. Drzhivago's, Jim's, and Charmgn's links would not work for me. Drzhivago and Jim's links only gave me 4 parts, and the megavideo download wouldn't open for me....said there was a problem with it or something.

BUT, I finally got it. LOL! And if anyone else is having trouble, here is the direct link to it! Yay!

It was so awesome and Thank You again Drzhivago for starting this thread and posting the link! :kiss

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 4478781001

"Once I'm In I Own Your Heart"

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:55 pm 
Adam Bomb

drzhivago very well said!

I think folks will have answers to a lot of questions about Adam after viewing those clips. It was refreshing not to hear the same canned patter that has been served up on all the morning shows recently. Awesome to catch a little of the "snarky-ness" as everyone seems to be putting it - he's human too and can cop a bit of attitude like everyone else (but on him it is sooooo attractive).

Again, excellent post! Thank you for taking the time to compose it and share it with us!!

:cheers

#2155 ~ Aries Glambert ~ Keeper of Adam's Angst in a Mad World
Team Adam #57 ~ Black Nailz Crew #34, Adam Bomb #628
Fire-Breathing Aries Minion of the Dark Lord Screamanova

siggy-ElectricGlambert

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:51 pm 
Adam Bomb

LOVE , LOVE, LOVE THIS!!!! thank you so much!

I truly appreciate that he says he is a businessman as well as singer. I also love that he accepts that people want to attach "issues" to him but that he isn't necessarily going after that. I was just saying today to a co-worker that I've never really appreciated entertainers getting too political or politicians trying to entertain. Each has their place and should generally stick to what they are good at. When I want to be entertained, it's all about fun!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:59 pm 
Adam Bomb

The interview was great and worth every minute. I love that Adam was able to just be who he is during the interview. I love his snarky side...the feedback on Gene Simmons and his singing. Priceless! He never fails to amaze me at how comfortable he is within his own skin.

I FLOVE him for that mostly...just being real.

drzhivago: I would have gone so much further in my response were it not for your "essay". Spot on and intelligent. Thank you for taking the time to write it! :cheers

"Let your clarity define you..."