ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ADAM LAMBERT'S TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY V. THE AMAs
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:59 pm 

:clap :clap :clap

ADAM LAMBERT'S TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY V. THE AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS

by Kerry Kolsch, Associated Content http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5962494/adam_lamberts_true_hollywood_story_pg2.html?cat=2

The True Hollywood Story promo claims that Adam Lambert will candidly discuss his rise to fame, his relationship with his family, his reaction to
coming in second on "American Idol and his American Music Awards performance. Ironically or intentionally Adam Lambert's True Hollywood Story will be battling it out for viewer ratings against the AMAs on the same night and time. What are the dynamics in play that had E choose this night and time for their broadcast? Since Adam's fans believe that the AMA's snubbed him this year watching Lambert on E instead of the AMAs is their best revenge. Adam Lambert's participation in the documentary will ensure that his loyal Glamberts will be glued to their televisions. Did E intentionally take advantage of this situation?

Adam Lambert is known to be a powerhouse in the ratings game. Season 9 of American Idol lost first place in the ratings to both the Olympics and Dancing With the Stars for several weeks. During the week of April 14th, Elvis week, Lambert both mentored and performed. Adam Lambert brought excitement and ratings back to American Idol. How much can his fans impact the AMAs? I hope ABC will feel some pain.

The intense reaction to Adam Lambert's AMA performance last year cost Lambert and our society ground in the fight for equality for the LGBT community. After all, if society treats Adam Lambert badly what will the LGBT children think? The US seems to be shocked by the fact that Adam Lambert is the first openly gay man that has ever transformed himself into a universal sex symbol. I fully support Lambert's AMA performance as in keeping with his artistic interpretation of the lyrics. After all, Lambert did give it to us until we were screaming his name, just as he promised. Although it was not Lambert's best vocals and he took a nasty fall, creatively he was not out of line with the rest of the evening. I do not think that 1,500 complaints to ABC from 14.2 million AMA viewers are significant compared to Janet Jackson's 540,000 FCC complaints when she momentarily bared a breast at the Super Bowl.

What was out of line was the overreaction. Lets look at a little bit of history on the American Music Awards, the show was created by Dick Clark in 1973 and aired on ABC to compete with the Grammys. The first hosts were
Michael Jackson and Donny Osmond. The Grammys originated on ABC and then moved to CBS. Remember, when ABC/Disney canceled Lambert's performance on Good Morning America? The rival network CBS quickly booked Lambert on The Early Show. It is not outlandish to suggest that a show owned by a man in his eighties is not progressive enough to accept an openly gay man that is comfortable with his sexuality and who will not be boxed into society's neutered stereotypical norms.

The difference between the AMAs and the Grammys is that those in the music industry pick the Grammy nominations and polls conducted among music buyers pick the AMA nominations. The theory is that the Grammys are supposed to reflect musical quality and Billboards and the AMAs are said to represent the popularity of musicians. Adam Lambert has two music videos with over 10 million views each. Lambert's debut album For Your Entertainment has sold well over a million copies worldwide. Whataya Want From Me has sold over 1,500,000 singles and If I had You has sold over 500,000 just in the US. Adam Lambert's Glam Nation Tour sold out almost all locations here and across the globe in these difficult economic times. Surely Lambert who for two years in a row has been one of the top ten most Googled celebrities is more popular than many other AMA nominees. The truth is that as with any television program producers always have a hand in the outcomes. If the AMAs and ABC are holding a grudge against Adam Lambert they need to get over it. Nothing will stop Lambert's rise to international stardom.

The overreaction by Disney/ABC might have destroyed the career of most entertainers. Rarely do you find someone of Lambert's talent, courage, character and self-determination. The path to fame Adam Lambert has chosen for himself is not the easy one but it is the one that deserves admiration rather then condemnation. Shame on you ABC and the American Music Awards. I will be watching Adam Lambert on E - True Hollywood Story.

Comments:

HollywoodHolly
(Guest)

11/02/2010Kerry Thank you for this WONDERFUL article I wish I caould frame it!! It is True snubbing a talenet liek Adam Lambert will wage it's revenge, but seriosly Im a die hard Adam Lambert fan and if he was going to be on the AMA's I would watch and even if E-THS did not air on the same night I still would not have watched the AMAs There is just NOBODY that intrests me to watch there @ this moment I can seriously do w/o all the Rap-Hip Hop explosion (never liked anyway) and NO I dont want to see more overrated Gaga, Bieber, Kesha, Perry ect.. Im more of a ROCK fan anyways. But back to Adam Lambert, He has shown he is not apologetic about who he is and that makes me LOVE him even more! I also believe that Glamberts worldwide-if taht was possible will be glued to their TVs for E-THS I know I will!Sharon
(Guest)

11/02/2010Kerry, I am in awe of your writing ability as well as your insight into Adam Lambert's true character & amazing abilities as an artist & as a human being. I agree 100% with all your comments. I also have thought since the 2010 AMA's were announced that the E!Hollywood Story is perfectly timed to compete with the overrated AMA's. It is so blantantly obvious that ABC is still trying to punish Adam for last years' performance. However Kerry I have my own theory. I am by nature a realist & somewhat of a conspiracy theorist but usually right in Adam's type situation. We ask ourselves why Adam? Is it because he's gay? Well here's my take on this: If the music industry recognized Adam for his accomplishments which he so rightly deserves, who would be left to get these awards? Adam is just too good compared to the JB, Ke$ha's,KP, Selena Gomez's of the industry. They are pale in comparison. These singers have no raw talent and need autotune & voice overs to sound decent. Adam neAngie
(Guest)

11/02/2010Even if AMA's not on the same day as E!THS, who says I'll be tuning on to watch AMA's. No such luck, AMAs!Sofia
(Guest)

11/02/2010Thanks for posting the total number of viewers the night of the AMA's that year. I have always questioned how 1500 could be of any significance to warrant that reaction by ABC. I absolutely adore Adam Lambert and will watch any time he is on television.Barbara
(Guest)

11/02/2010You better believe that every adam Lambert fan will be boycotting the AMA's this year. The fact that Adam will be on at the same time. Well, just let me say that everyone will be watching his True story. Thanks for a killer commentary on this subject. I admire your writing skill and you really jabbed it to ABC.Melody
(Guest)

11/02/2010If I could set my DVR that far in advance it would already be done. Not only will I watch, I will rewatch over and over. Adam is the most exciting vocalist performing today. It's also great to see such a humble and gracious man telling his story. I can't wait. The next time I watch the AMA's will be the next time Adam is invited back.Devy
(Guest)

11/02/2010E.X.C.E.L.L.E.N.T.!!!Rita
(Guest)

11/02/2010I hope ABC will feel some pain also! Even if Adam's True Hollywood Story wasn't being aired at the same time, I still wouldn't watch the AMA's. Diss Adam and you lose this viewer.Vickie
(Guest)

11/02/2010Great! Great! G-R-E-A-T!!!AdamFan
(Guest)

11/02/2010I will definitely be watching the E True Hollywood Story...are you kidding? I will NOT ever watch the AMAs again...too bad for them because they are missing out on a very awesome talent that could be on their show. I will be watching Adam that night for sure

Wendy
(Guest)

11/02/2010I will be watching Adam! Have it on my calendar. Thanks for a great article!!Susan
(Guest)

11/02/2010LOVE this article!! Great job! Agree with everything you wrote and I TOO will be watching Adam Lambert's E True HollyWood Story that night!!! I will never watch another award show unless they start to honor the amazing talent of Adam lambert!!Sam
(Guest)

11/02/2010Beautiful article! You did an amazing job writing this! I will also be watching Adam on E! instead of the AMAs. Keep writing amazing articles like this one!Cindy
(Guest)

11/02/2010BRAVO Kerry for this awesome article! I will be watching Adam Lambert on E! True Hollywood Story also. LOVED your last line. They should look to his courage, uplifting positive outlook, fierce bravity, the respectful way he stands up for what he believes in. He's an inspiration for all ages. No not everyone is going to accept that old AMA performance, but it's time get past it and look at his TALENT. Look how beautifully he handled the firestorm of controversy after the AMAs, and went on to gain beloved millions of fans and a sccessful career. He recently respectfully complied with the Malaysian Government when other "bigger?" stars CANCELLED their shows, instead. He withstood a huge organized protest and put on one of the best shows ever for 20,00 fans he wouldn't dissapoint. The government apologized , the show was a smash hit and will be AIRED on TV as a special. It's time for this country to get over it and put the greatest talent this country has seen since MJ BACK on natiCindy
(Guest)

11/02/2010BRAVO Kerry for this awesome article!!!! I will be watching Adam Lambert on E!True Hollywood story also. LOVED your last line. They should look to his courage, uplifting positive outlook, fierce bravity, the respectful way he stands up for what he believes in. He's an inspiration for all ages. No not everyone is going to accept that old AMA performance...but it's time get past it and look at his TALENT, how beautifully he handled the firestorm of controversy after the AMAs, and went on to gain beloved millions of fans and a sccessful career. He recently respectfully complied with the Malaysian Government when other "bigger?" stars CANCELLED their shows, instead. He withstood a huge organized protest... put on one of the best shows ever for 20,00 fans he wouldn't dissapoint. The government apologized , the show was a smash hit and will be AIRED on TV as a special. It's time for this country to get over it and put the greatest talent this country has seen since MJ BACK on nationalHolly
(Guest)

11/02/2010Love him! Hope he blows the AMA's away!Cristy
(Guest)

11/02/2010ABC has more to lose than Adam Lambert. Adam brings the ratings in his pocket so if ABC wants some of that they will have to get with the program.

LizMarie