ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: American Idol - Season 10
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:19 pm 

My excuse for starting this thread is that I had to have somewhere to put Lyndsey Parker's article!!

Why Steven Tyler Is The New Paula Abdul

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... ula-abdul/

After weeks of media speculation, multiple sources have finally confirmed that on/off Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has signed on as a new "American Idol" judge. This news has of course reignited debate over whether the wildman rocker, who obviously has decades of onstage know-how but no behind-the-scenes music business experience, is a suitable replacement for an industry executive like former star judge Simon Cowell..

But I say such debate is moot. See, Steven Tyler isn't going to be the new Simon Cowell. He's going to be the new Paula Abdul. .

Let's back up a moment. When Paula Abdul left "Idol" after Season 8, Fox producers tried to replace her with another "nice judge": Ellen DeGeneres, who turned out to be too nice. (Even sweet Paula was willing to crush a contestant's dream with some much-needed brutal honestly once in a while, but not wishy-washy Ellen.) That was Fox's mistake. Instead of looking for someone to fill Paula's "nice judge" role, they should have found someone to fulfill her "wacky judge" function--someone to bring the unpredictable, possibly unintentional comedy with loopy banter, crazy outfits, and even some inappropriate flirting..

This is where Steven Tyler comes in. .

Paula once explained her appeal on "Idol" as such: "When people expect me to go right, I'll go left. I'm unpredictable." Steven could say the same thing about himself..

Honestly, Steven Tyler is a walking reality show wrapped in a catsuit. I'm surprised he doesn't already have VH1 Celebreality cameras following him at all times. In the past year alone, he's fallen offstage twice (the second time was actually this week, on the day his "Idol" gig was announced); quit, feuded with, and then rejoined Aerosmith; and checked in and out of rehab. His other memorable antics over the years have included fist-fighting with Peter Frampton in the 1970s box-office bomb Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band; inadvertently helping create the rap-rock genre with his Run-DMC duet "Walk This Way"; controversially casting his then-teenage daughter Liv in Aerosmith's sexy "Crazy" video; recording an album with the amusing title Honkin' On Bobo; and tying enough gypsy scarves to his mic stands to keep the entire silk trade of India in the black. .

Come on, there's no way this dude's "Idol" behavior isn't going to be pure TV gold. He may not trip over his Chihuahuas, clap like a seal, critique a Jason Castro song yet to be sung, or threaten to hang David Archuleta's squishy head off his rearview mirror...but at some point, probably sooner than later, he's going to say, do, or wear something outrageous that'll have "Idol" fans gabbing around the watercooler come Wednesday morning. .

Steven's also got a massive mouth on him--his protracted battle with his Aerosmith bandmates over the past months is proof of that--so don't expect him to mince words on "Idol," whether he's critiquing contestants or arguing with his fellow judges. And I wouldn't be surprised if he gives some press interviews that make Paula's infamous kookoo news show appearance (you know, the one when she appeared to drunk out of her gourd) look like something off of "Meet The Press.".

And finally, the man is a master of reinvention: Just look at how many comebacks Aerosmith have had over their 40-year career, surviving the debauched '70s, ruling in the hair-metal '80s, and even selling out stadiums throughout the grungy alt-rock '90s. Paula launched a whole new career on "Idol," and at age 62, Steven can't keep on and touring forever--so this could be his new start, too..

Of course, how successful Steven is on "Idol" will depend on the other judges he sits beside every week. While I'd love to seem him spar (or flirt!) with rumored future judge Jennifer Lopez, I do still think the "Idol" panel needs at least one serious, straight-shooting industry insider, a la Simon, who has a well-trained ear and solid track record for spotting talent. But who I am kidding here? It's obvious at this point that "Idol" producers are much more concerned with upping their show's flagging ratings than actually finding the next Clarkson or Underwood or selling albums--so in that respect, a loose-cannon celebrity like Steven is a great casting choice. Sure, the Toxic Twin may never be as likable and encouraging as Paula, but the bottom line is, he's going to get people to tune in. Just like Paula did..

All I ask is that Steven tie gypsy scarves to his judging-table microphone, wear leather catsuits and bottomless chaps at all times, and forbid any "Idol" contestant from performing Aerosmith's done-to-death "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" or a Gokey-like "Dream On." If he can do that, then I don't want to miss a thing when he joins "Idol" in Season 10.

LizMarie

Post subject: Re: American Idol - Season 10
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:30 pm 

The spectre of Adam will haunt season 10 as well....

'American Idol': Adam Lambert-type performer desired by Nigel Lythgoe for new season

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-national/american-idol-adam-lambert-type-performer-desired-by-nigel-lythgoe-for-new-season

American Idol has seen quite a few successful artists over the years, but the winners (as we've learned) have not always been the ones who sold the most records after the fact. For evidence, just look at the cases of Daughtry and Adam Lambert.

As a matter fact, new executive producer Nigel Lythgoe admitted at the recent San Francisco auditions (which is the same city tried out in two years ago) that he was looking for a performer of the "Whataya Want From Me" singer's caliber:

“Don’t forget this (San Francisco) is the place where we found Adam Lambert and also the place where we found William Hung. So, we are not sure what we are going to find today.

“I really would like to see somebody who can sing and move. I’m so sick of watching people who are just wandering around. All of the stars of the show move. The next Michael Jackson must be out there somewhere.”

Ryan Seacrest echoed Nigel's thoughts:

“If you look at some of the more popular acts. Look at [Lady] Gaga for example. Most of the more popular acts are young and are spectacles on stage,”

Do you think there is still enough singing talent out there to make for another great season of "American Idol?"

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:22 pm 

Kara DioGuardi not returning to 'American Idol': It's (finally) official

by Michael Slezak http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/03/kara-dioguardi-not-returning-to-american-idol-its-finally-official/
In news that will shock no one — except maybe certain sects of monks who’ve taken vows to never watch unscripted television — Fox announced today that Kara DioGuardi will not return for American Idol‘s tenth season.

Over the last several weeks, speculation has swirled that the songwriter/producer, who joined the reality singing competition in its eighth season, would not return to her chair when the ratings juggernaut returns in January 2011.

“I felt like I won the lottery when I joined American Idol two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave Idol,” said DioGuardi. “I am very proud to have been associated with American Idol — it has truly been an amazing experience. I am grateful to FOX, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment, as well as the cast, crew and contestants, for all they have given to me. I look forward to my next challenge, and want to thank everyone who has supported me. All the best to everyone on Season 10!”

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:27 pm 

What 'Idol' needs to do in Season 10: End the rocker-boy reign

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... oy-reign/1

As the premiere of American Idol's 10th season approaches, we've been looking at the things the show needs to do if it wants to successfully reinvent itself. So far, we've recommended taking a renewed interest in the performing talent and killing off the Simon Cowell "mean judge" archetype.

Here's the next suggestion:

#3 End the rein of the cute rocker boys

For the first six seasons of its existence, American Idol produced very different kinds of winners each year. But for the past three years, they've looked remarkably alike. And for three years, the winners have seen diminishing returns from their post-Idol careers.

Somebody different needs to win this year.

If really wants to make sure the Season 10 winner breaks the David Cook/Kris Allen/Lee DeWyze mold, they'll have started working on that months ago. A lot of contestants who might fit the slightly scruffy sensitive rocker image will have been sent home during the first couple of audition rounds. They'll have put the remaining ones at every possible disadvantage.

Lowering the age limit speaks to that concern (not that a lot of the show's older viewers are thrilled with the notion of a finalist field full of wannabe teen stars). So does the announcement that contestants will have to limit their use of instruments (especially their use of instruments as props).

If the producers really don't want that kind of act to win this season, they won't even let one into the semifinals. There's no surer way to make sure one doesn't win than to make sure he doesn't get to play.

Some blame the rise of the cute rocker boys on mass voting and texting. But journalist Richard Rushfield says that, in the research he did for his forthcoming book, he learned that texting still accounts for only a small percentage of the overall voting. Anyway, Idol isn't likely to change its voting methods anytime soon, since they've got a sponsor that directly benefits from people casting as many votes as possible and mass voting does, at some level, indicate an audience's passion for a contestant, which (theoretically, anyway) ought to translate to support after the show.

It's worth noting that the guys with guitars starting winning American Idol as soon as Idol starting letting them have guitars. So perhaps that's an especially appealing image for a core Idol audience. Perhaps it also has something to do with songwriting, or at least the promising of songwriting ability. But as difficult as finding a performer who can captivate a national viewing audience can be, it's exponentially harder to find someone who can do that and write a hit song, too. And none of the past three winners has established a consistent track record of writing big hits.

The funny thing is, the runners-up during those three seasons have continued to display the diversity for which Idol is known: a cute, self-effacing teenage boy, the kind of act Idol probably thought it'd be delivering all along; a theatrical gay performer with one foot in dance music and one in glam-rock; and a dreadlocked folk-rocker who didn't watch the show before she got on it.

Just as the process of American Idol favors a different kind of entertainer than the traditional A&R process, a different system for determining Idol's winner will favor a different kind of contestant. This season, the Idol process had undergone more systemic changes than it has in years. The show's producers should keep their fingers crossed that, come the end of May, those changes will yield a different result.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:31 pm 

Stakes are high for 'American Idol' in its 10th season

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... h-season/1

Ryan Seacrest knows what's at stake for American Idol in its 10th season, which begins Wednesday.

"Obviously, we've done it for a long time, and fortunately the show has been successful, but I think this is a crucial year for us," Seacrest tells USA TODAY's Bill Keveney in the cover story of Friday's print edition. "The stakes are high because we've got new infusions to the show. If we get it right, it will be a high return."

Keveney surveys the Idol landscape in his article, speaking not only with Seacrest and the show's judges, but executive producers Nigel Lythgoe and Cecile Frot-Coutaz, blogger MJ Santilli, journalists Rodney Ho and Glenn Gamboa and others.

Also, check out my interview with Richard Rushfield, whose American Idol: The Untold Story comes out Tuesday. I'll post more of my interview with Richard here over the next few days.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:02 pm 

Opening montage--watch to see how prominent Adam's clip is in the beginning

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:13 am 

Adam Lambert Predicts Jennifer Lopez And Steven Tyler's 'Idol' Style

'American Idol' alum says the superstars will bring amazing fashion to the new season.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1656246/adam-lambert-predicts-jennifer-lopez-steven-tylers-idol-style.jhtml (embedded vid and lovely comments about Adam following article)

As the newly shaken-up "American Idol" debuts on Wednesday (January 19), fans are ready to weigh in on how spankin'-new judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler will fare — and how they'll look.

MTV News recently caught up with "Idol" alum Adam Lambert at the season-three premiere of "RuPaul's Drag Race" in Los Angeles, and he mused that when it comes to fashion, both Lopez and Tyler will bring their A-list style game.

"I'm sure they're gonna be top-of-the-notch. Steven Tyler, I mean, he's a legend. And J.Lo has always been beautiful. I remember when I was a kid graduating high school and 'Waiting for Tonight' came out. Remember that video? And she had all the rhinestones on her face and she just looked like just dewy and stunning and amazing," Lambert said. "I'm really looking forward to [seeing their fashion] too."

While MTV News' "Idol" expert Jim Cantiello is set to host the live stream "Judging the Judges: An 'Idol' Without Simon" right after "Idol" airs, at 10 p.m. ET Wednesday on MTV.com, Lambert shied away from comparing the two music pros' judging style. He maintained that the duo aren't likely to duke it out for top-judge honors. The season-eight runner-up said Lopez and Tyler are approaching the competition from different vantage points, and pitting their judging styles against each other is probably a futile "Idol" fan exercise.

"They're birds of a different feather, but they're gonna flock together," he said.

Even though Lambert has more "Idol" experience than the newbie judges, he didn't have any advice to offer Lopez or Tyler as they take their seats on live television for the first time. In fact, he insisted he'd welcome pointers from the superstar critics anytime.

"I want advice from them," Lambert smiled. "I will not give Steven Tyler or J. Lo any advice. That's not my place."

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:10 pm 

Hardly a mention of AI 10 anywhere WITHOUT a mention of Adam. Just saying...

'American Idol's' return: What's the verdict?

“American Idol” returned on Wednesday night to mixed reviews. http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/20 ... e-verdict/

New judges Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez settled into their seats nicely – perhaps a bit too nicely. Gone was the often harsh, but always honest comments of the curmudgeonly judge Simon Cowell, and neither Lopez nor Tyler seemed to have it in them to be so tough.

Sean Highkin from Paste Magazine worried that the lack of Cowell might lessen the quality of contestants.

“Unfortunately, while it’s admirable that the show’s producers opted not to bring in a Simon clone, the formula simply does not work without someone willing to be an ass to kids with big dreams but no chops,” Highkin wrote. “Granted, the audition rounds are always rough at first, and Jackson, Tyler, and Lopez are still getting used to working together, but I couldn’t help but to notice how much the show’s standards are lowered with Simon out of the picture.”

Entertainment Weekly asked in a poll whether fans enjoyed the first episode, inquiring: “Will the inclusion of 15-year-olds turn 'Idol' into glorified tryouts for 'Glee'? So much to take in, but let’s bottom-line it: Did it work?”

“I liked it,” wrote a commenter named Tierra Berry. “I kinda became smitten with Steven Tyler...his accompaniment to contestants’ song[s] must make them feel better more [often] than not.”

When CNN.com asked “Can a reboot save ‘American Idol’” quite a few commenters remarked that they were reserving judgment. After the show, viewer RoscoeC gave it thumbs up.

“After last season's disastrous show, I'd given up on Idol,” he wrote. “I watched it [Wednesday night] and was knocked out. Steven Tyler is like having Adam Lambert as a host. You don't know what to expect, you're on the edge of your seat in anticipation of what may come out of his mouth."

"Die-hard" "Idol" fans and CNN iReporters Al and Roberta Mealey also loved Tyler, and CNN iReporter Nadya Alvarez said she's digging the new judges.

But not everyone dug Tyler’s schtick. According to The Hollywood Reporter, blogs were ablaze with complaints that Tyler was hitting on underaged contestants.

The story quoted the New York Times, which wrote: "The show overplayed the aging rock star’s bad boy reputation with a montage of Mr. Tyler leering and flirting with some very young and sexy female contestants — he looked too much like a long-haired version of Italy’s prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi."

Alas, for those who long for the former days of the show, there is always the website BringBackSimon.com.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:55 am 

Adam still making the headlines two years on...

'American Idol' This Week: Adam Lambert's Audition And More

MTV News Jim Cantiello (embedded vid)
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/165666 ... more.jhtml

At this time over the past nine seasons, an 'Idol' dad went to Washington and William Hung made his debut.

The second week of "American Idol" is about to kick off, so let's review what we've learned from season 10 so far: Steven Tyler has taught us the value of a sound bite, Jacee Badeaux and Brett Loewenstern taught us not to judge on first impressions alone, and Randy Jackson taught us ... well, let's not get carried away. We haven't learned that much yet.

But at this same time over the past nine seasons of "American Idol," we had already met Adam Lambert and saw one "Idol" alum's dad replace Ted Kennedy in the U.S. Senate. Let's take a look back at This Week in "American Idol" to see what went down during the second week of seasons past:

2010: Mr. Brown Goes to Washington
Back in season five, Ayla Brown made it to the top 16 with her booming voice, all-American look and prodigious poise. Apparently, all these qualities were better fit for a career in politics, where Ayla's dad, Scott Brown, has thrived, assuming Ted Kennedy's Senate seat in a special election this week last year. MTV News caught up with Ayla in January 2010 right after her dad's win to see why she thought "Idol" didn't work out for her back in 2007. "I didn't think people got the chance to see who I was and my personality," she told us. "It was hard to overcome that, but I gave it my all and I'm just disappointed America didn't vote for me." Well, it looks like America voted for the Brown family the second time around.

2009: Adam Lambert Wails His Way Into Our Hearts
When we were first introduced to Adam Lambert, he was fresh off a stint in the musical "Wicked" and got the "theatrical" brush-off from Simon Cowell (who eventually came around and voted him through to Hollywood after all). While that first meeting wasn't too far off from the over-the-top performer we came to know and love, what's really surprising is how MTV News "Idol" expert Jim Cantiello described Lambert in his live blog of the season-eight San Francisco auditions: "8:48 pm - 'Idol' math: David Cook + Clay Aiken = Adam Lambert." What?!? More like Lady Gaga + Robert Plant, or maybe even new judge Steven Tyler. But Jim turned out to be more than a little prescient in his next live-blog entry: "8:50 pm - Adam just came out of the closet. Welllll, he just said he saw Paula Abdul on tour when he was ten. So... "

2007: "American Idol" and the Sundance Kid
There's nothing "Idol" fans love more than a totally surprising (and totally thrilling) audition. One of the most memorable first impressions belongs to Jason "Sundance" Head, the then-28-year-old son of "Treat Her Right" singer Roy Head. Sundance wowed the judges with his bluesy take on "Stormy Monday" — especially after he walked in the room with an overgrown goatee and his shirt unbuttoned a bit too far. "Powerful voice; didn't expect it," Paula Abdul said when he finished, with hard-to-please Simon Cowell even chiming in, "I'm going to be amazed if you don't make the finals." That part didn't go so well: Sundance never recaptured his "Stormy Monday" glory, and he missed out on the season-six top 12 in favor of Sanjaya Malakar. Ouch.

2004: He Bangs, He Bangs
On the other side of the audition spectrum was William Hung. When it comes to bad auditions, no one is more memorable than the Berkeley engineering student who informed the judges that he had "no professional training." But Hung had the last laugh: His debut album, Inspiration, actually sold tens of thousands of copies, which isn't far off from Lee DeWyze's numbers.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:53 am 
Adam Bomb

Well it is starting to look like Steven Tyler is going to be the star of this season...and maybe this guy too.
a true tear jerker moment.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:48 am 

Milwaukee auditions

Mega kudos to Steve Tyler for his genuine warmth, as well as his craziness last night!

These 3 are the recaps I always go for the morning after: (Jim's is particularly snarky today)

Michael Slezak: American Idol recap: Milwaulkee's Best http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/american- ... is-medina/

Lyndsey Parker : Tonight's recap, of American Idol in the Land of Cheese & Gokey - http://yhoo.it/gDTTkA

Jim Cantiello: 'American Idol' Recap: Chris Medina, Tears And More Great Steven Tylerisms In Milwaukee http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/01/27/amer ... milwaukee/

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:06 am 

Video: Anthony Hopkins loves American Idol and Adam Lambert http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... am-lambert

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:22 pm 
Adam Bomb

YOURBODYBIBLE wrote:
Well it is starting to look like Steven Tyler is going to be the star of this season...and maybe this guy too.

Wow, just wow! A tear jerker for sure, especially when Steven Tyler showed how caring he is. I think Chris can really go somewhere, he sounded great!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:22 am 

Nashville auditions (I loved seeing the Ryman again--the last time was when needacoke and I were there to see Adam perform in July)

Michael Slezak: American Idol Recap: Nashville Stars? http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/american- ... season-10/

Lyndsey Parker http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... d-the-one/

Jim Cantiello http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/01/28/amer ... re_twitter

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:05 am 

YOURBODYBIBLE wrote:

Sky wrote:
Wow, just wow! A tear jerker for sure, especially when Steven Tyler showed how caring he is. I think Chris can really go somewhere, he sounded great!
[/quote]

Interesting article with embedded vids by Michael Slezak: Chris Medina: How Are You Grappling With Idol's Harrowing Audition? http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/chris-med ... r-fiancee/

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:13 am 

Austin Auditions

Michael Slezak American Idol Recap: The Ayes of Texas Are Upon You http://bit.ly/dKufjM

Jim Cantiello 'American Idol' Recap: All Hail John Wayne Schulz (And His Mother)
http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/02/03/amer ... ne-schulz/

Lyndsey Parker American Idol, The Day After: Austin Recap
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... tin-recap/

The surprisingly bad LA auditions (thank God for Steven Tyler!!!)

Micheal Slezak American Idol Recap: Tinseltown Travesty http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/american- ... episode-6/

Lyndsey Parker American Idol: Reality Rocks' Season 10 "Lost Auditions" Episode http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... s-episode/ and Welcome To The Bungle: Los Angeles 'Idol' Episode Disappoints http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... sappoints/

Jim Cantiello 'American Idol' Recap: Los Angeles Underwhelms http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/02/04/amer ... re_twitter

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:46 pm 

Steve Tyler answers questions (he slays me!!) http://www.steventyler.com/video/2a18d6 ... questions/

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:17 am 

Starting out the San Francisco auditions with an Adam mention and clip "one of the most electric performers"

http://www.twitvid.com/EJWRY

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:20 am 

San Francisco recaps:

Lyndsey Parker: Tonight's Idol recap is up. Bring on Hollywood Week! http://yhoo.it/gircgP

Michael Slezak: 'American Idol' Recap: Golden Gateway http://bit.ly/GoJunebugGo

Jim Cantiello Inspirational Post It Notes and a Piano Belt... Tragedy strikes San Fran, an "Idol" recap: http://ow.ly/3TWOJ

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:27 am 

Hollywood Week Part 1

Lyndsey Parker American Idol, The Day After: Hollywood Week Pt. 1 Recap http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... t-1-recap/

Jim Cantiello 'American Idol' Recap: Hollywood Week Thins The Herd, Hurts The Ears http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/02/11/amer ... re_twitter

Michael Slezak 'American Idol' Recap: Numbers Games http://bit.ly/AllThatGlittersIsJLo

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:14 pm 

Hollywood Groups

Lyndsey Parker: American Idol, The Day After: Hollywood Week Group Round Recap http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... und-recap/

and 'Idol' Insanity: The Hollywood Week Group Round's 10 Most Dramatic Moments http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... c-moments/

Michael Slezak 'American Idol' Recap: Drama? Major! http://bit.ly/fZGmI8

Jim Cantiello All this Britney video premiere excitement & I forgot to share my latest "Idol" recap. Don't hold it against me. http://on.mtv.com/gBM88C

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:20 am 

The end of Hollywood week:

Lyndsey Parker: 'Idol' Recap: Saving The Best (And Worst) For Last http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... -for-last/

Michael Slezak : 'American Idol' Recap: Investment Opportunities http://bit.ly/HollywoodRoundThree

Jim Cantiello: TBA

IMO, single best moment of night - Jacob!!! :hearts

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:01 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hey fellow Adam Bombs! Its been a while since I have visited the site and so many of you may not remember me....Anyway I usually come back to post right around this time of the year when AI is back in full swing again. The reason I am posting this is because one of my favorite contestants this season (who I think may also have been at the SF Auditions as well in fact) is Casey Abrams....He seems like a really cool laid back kind of guy too....And he can jam on the melodica as well as on the stand up bass...And he has a really cool outside of the box kind of jazzy style that includes a lot of skatting...He's also super high energy....but the main reason I mention this here is because he specifically mentions Adam in his initial get to know this idol type interview! When asked what his favorite past AI performance was he emphatically responds that it was Adam's Ring of Fire performance (and he goes on to explain why he liked it so much)....The guy is not only super talented but he also has excellent taste too! That is also my favorite Adam perfmance on AI as well....And I remember we had an entire thread on here about that ground breaking performance of Adam's!

Anyway here is a link to the interview I was talking about:

http://www.americanidol.com/videos/seas ... ey_abrams/

And here is a link to Casey's last performance during Hollywood week....(you can also find a link to his audition from this link too!):

http://www.wetpaint.com/american-idol/v ... mpaign=vrl

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:58 pm 
Site Admin

FreddyFudpucker wrote:
Hey fellow Adam Bombs! Its been a while since I have visited the site and so many of you may not remember me....Anyway I usually come back to post right around this time of the year when AI is back in full swing again. The reason I am posting this is because one of my favorite contestants this season (who I think may also have been at the SF Auditions as well in fact) is Casey Abrams....He seems like a really cool laid back kind of guy too....And he can jam on the melodica as well as on the stand up bass...And he has a really cool outside of the box kind of jazzy style that includes a lot of skatting...He's also super high energy....but the main reason I mention this here is because he specifically mentions Adam in his initial get to know this idol type interview! When asked what his favorite past AI performance was he emphatically responds that it was Adam's Ring of Fire performance (and he goes on to explain why he liked it so much)....The guy is not only super talented but he also has excellent taste too! That is also my favorite Adam perfmance on AI as well....And I remember we had an entire thread on here about that ground breaking performance of Adam's!

Anyway here is a link to the interview I was talking about:

http://www.americanidol.com/videos/seas ... ey_abrams/

And here is a link to Casey's last performance during Hollywood week....(you can also find a link to his audition from this link too!):

http://www.wetpaint.com/american-idol/v ... mpaign=vrl

Haven't been paying attention this year but I'll check out this guy!
So happy to see you here Freddy, how have you been? Hows the family?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:33 am 
Adam Bomb

I think Casey Abrams is very talented. How awesome that he should mention Adam! I have not decided yet if anyone has 'grabbed or peaked' my interest. Some of them are so young. There was one kid, who we only saw and heard on group week, DeAndre Brackensick, a real cutie for sure and he can sing. There isn't a whole lot out there on him other than him singing Hawaiian music, which is his background. I don't think he made it to the Top 24 though. Stefano is a local kid for me so I'm hoping he makes it through. Other than that............no one can even come close to the talent Adam brought to the show. I know we haven't heard much from any of the contestants yet, and I'm looking forward to see just how much talent is there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:15 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hey Sharon and Sky! Great to here from you all! Things are going o.k. I suppose....some good some not so good but I will get by. The wife and kid are both doing well and thats the most important part! Anyway I also wanted to mention this young lady from SF that reminded me alot of Lily from last season....Definitely outside the normal cookie cutter type Idol contestant. She is a throw back to the 1940's with her old timey jazz voice. Unfortunately she was mysteriously cut during the group phase of Hollywood week? Her name is Emily Anne Reed and here is a video of her singing an old Appalacian classic (which is also the second song she started to sing during her audition when Stephen Tyler asked her to play her guitar):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2D1n6Z3rb8

Also here is Casey Abram's crazy audition video: How can anyone not like the guy after watching this lol!

http://www.wetpaint.com/american-idol/a ... sey-abrams

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:17 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hey, it's good to see you back here!

I do remember Emily and I really liked her! Casey, yes, very talented. I'm not sure their music genre is mine but I'm anxious to hear what they have to perform!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:29 pm 

Jim, so glad to have you back, even if it's just for AI10!

What do you think of Jacob? He threw everything he had into that performance...can't wait to see if he can keep up the momentum.

Hey, you also have some male coherts now...see what's happened since your hiatus?!!

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

One of my faves, Michael Slezak does Idol recap. The 2nd video shows our boy, Adam.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/idoloonie ... h-sellers/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:30 am 

The cruel cuts from 60 to Top 24--can't believe how many of these kids knew nothing about the Beatles!!

Jim Cantiello: http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/625713/m ... re_twitter

Lyndsey Parker: 'Idol' Top 24 Cuts: Tears & Loathing In Las Vegas http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... las-vegas/

Michael Slezak: American Idol Recap: Woman on the Verge of a Judging Breakdown http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/american- ... reen-mile/

LizMarie