ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: American Idol - Season 10
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:57 am 

Lots of Adam mentions

James Durbin: A look at his chances by Brian Mansfield http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -chances/1

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:25 pm 
Adam Bomb

Someone we haven't heard a lot from caught a bit of interest from me last night and that was Paul McDonald. He's pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

Jim, your boy Casey got through Woo Hoo! I really like him, I think he's great.

The Adam wanna be crucified Change is Gonna Come, when he sang the traffic crashed MJ's site. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:27 am 
Adam Bomb

Wow, Casey was good! I'm liking Paul McDonald alot. James Durbin did more than crucify 'A Change is Gonna Come', I barely recognized the song until halfway into it. He's got to stop the scream, it isn't pleasant.

Some of the music of Paul McDonald in Grand Magnolias........

http://www.ourstage.com/profile/thegrandmagnolias

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:58 am 

Comments on the top 24--(my comment: wish Colton Dixon had made it!)

Jim Cantiello:

instant reaction vid: http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/626241/j ... p-24.jhtml

recap: 'American Idol' Recap: The Top 24 Are Ready For Prime Time http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/02/25/amer ... season-10/

Lyndsey Parker The 'American Idol' Top 24 Are Finally Revealed! http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... -revealed/

Can You Believe These Superstars Were Once Rejected By 'American Idol'? http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... ican-idol/

Michael Slezak

American Idol Season 10 Semifinalists Revealed: Are You Happy With the Results? http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/american- ... e-episode/

American Idol Recap: Those 24 About to Rock, We Salute You! http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/american- ... finalists/

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:21 pm 
Adam Bomb

I'm with you, LM, Colton shoulda had it. I really liked all three of those guys, but Colton struck me from the jump. Plus he reminded me of Cassidy Haley - am I the only one who thought so? Just wondering.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:48 pm 
Adam Bomb

Jesha84 wrote:
I'm with you, LM, Colton shoulda had it. I really liked all three of those guys, but Colton struck me from the jump. Plus he reminded me of Cassidy Haley - am I the only one who thought so? Just wondering.

You are not the only one, I thought he resembled Cassidy Haley too. I wish he had made it through, but I like Brett as well. Jaycee just wasn't ready.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:11 pm 
Adam Bomb

I posted this only for filing purposes...not that I agree with the comparison of Adam to him, which I totally do not...but it is nice to see someone with a condition that is not known very well among many and/or misinterpreted to be exposed in a good way...just get off the Adam comparison.

Idol's new Lambert, James Durbin changing perception of Asperger's & Tourette's
http://www.examiner.com/entertainment-r ... tourette-s

TV REVIEW: American Idol

BY ROBBIE WOLIVER

Twenty-one-year-old James Durbin of Santa Cruz, California is changing the world's view of Tourette's and Asperger's, two disorders he has, through his appearances on American Idol. The contestant this season many are hoping will make it through to the end, Durbin, has a good chance. He can wail like former runner-up Adam Lambert, but he also has an interesting backstory--he has two very misunderstood, often debilitating, afflictions.

He has already, only a few rounds in and not yet into the final group, shown that the stereotypical Tourette sufferer and Asperger adult are not in play here. And that is the most important aspect of understanding these disorders--many who have them do not follow the symptom rules.

You mention Tourette's to most people, and they think it's something comical, not realizing the agony that is really associated with the uncontrollable physical and vocal tics that are part of the disorder. Most people picture someone with uncontrollable cursing (coprolalia) and it is often used for comic effect. The most recent example was on the Showtime series Shameless, which living up to its name, should know better than to fall back on this old, tired, misleading running gag. Only between 5 and 15% of those affected with Tourette's suffers coprolalia. Durbin does not curse, or at least, has not yet on TV (and trust me, if American Idol had the opportunity, they would have exploited it). What Durbin does seem to have are some facial tics, mostly blinking.

His other stereotype-breaking behavior is with his Asperger's. He cries all the time. When he's happy, when he's sad, when he moves on to the next round, when he discusses his tough childhood, after he sings. Those with Asperger's are often believed to be unemotional, unsocial and linear in their thinking. Well, Durbin seems to be one of the most emotional contestants, and he appears to have made a number of friends, and has even uncovered a plot by ruthless stage moms. As he progresses through the show, and we get to learn more about him, stereotypes and misconceptions will fall like bad notes during a Katy Perry performance.

Besides all that, he is a singer with remarkable range and control, very similar to Adam Lambert, which should take him far just on his talent. If he makes it, the public should continue voting him forward...if for no other reason, he's game-changing in so many ways.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:31 pm 
Adam Bomb

Hi everyone, just putting my favorite guys.
James, Jacob, Casey & Brett.

I am thrilled that Brett will make those bullies in school look like asses now!

Now I judge different than most, I play on the computer while listening. The ones who get me to look up and watch or give me chills are my favs. These 4 have been the guys pick every week so far.

Thankfully Idol is watchable again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:45 pm 
Adam Bomb

Encore wrote:
Hi everyone, just putting my favorite guys.
James, Jacob, Casey & Brett.

I am thrilled that Brett will make those bullies in school look like asses now!

Now I judge different than most, I play on the computer while listening. The ones who get me to look up and watch or give me chills are my favs. These 4 have been the guys pick every week so far.

Thankfully Idol is watchable again.

Well, it is nice to know that someone else judges from the seat the same way I do.... i think that makes perfect sense.... listening with the ears and not the eyes...
:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:27 am 

the conquerer of Idol has spoken (well, tweeted):

I dunno about you guys but I'm favor of more original vocalists on Idol... That have their own sound going on.

Ok caught up on idol: Jacob Lusk-- Werk it the fuck out sister! I'm so excited to hear u sing every week!!

Durbin sounded badass tonight! Lot more control! And while we both have a rock scream I think we're pretty different stylistically.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:04 am 

Top 12 Guys

Lyndsey Parker: 'American Idol' Semifinals, Pt. 1: Twelve Awesome Men http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... esome-men/

(Wow: this excerpt re Jordan: " Here's what the audience didn't see: I attended this taping in person. Jordan's full response, when he was asked why he chose a song so unsuited to him, was that he was "offered" it. It was not his choice, but he did the best he could with it. However, this comment was edited out of Tuesday's broadcast. So did producers set up Jordan, who'd been difficult during Hollywood Week, to be the fall guy, by making him do a tricky song that not even Usher himself can sing well live? If so, their plan worked. Jordan is doomed. "

Michael Slezak:

instant recap: American Idol's Top 12 Guys Perform: Vote for Your Favorite, and Tell Us Who Needs to Go! http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/american- ... emifinals/

full recap: 'American Idol' Top 12 Guys Recap: Let's Get Critical http://bit.ly/MaggieMayISleepWithDanger

Jim Cantiello: Quirk It Out, an "Idol" recap: http://on.mtv.com/eUM8IP

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:07 am 

LOL!!! :D

The 'American Idol' Top 24, Twitterized

By James Montgomery, MTV

We break down the season 10 hopefuls, in 140 characters or less.

On Thursday night, "American Idol" revealed the remainder of the season 10 Top 24, a collection of singer/songwriters, balladeers, scatters, divas, perky teens and belters that will compete to become the heir to Lee DeWyze's throne (perhaps he's not the best example, but let's move on).

Unlike previous seasons, this year's crop of contenders is long on talent, short on sob stories — Chris Medina's exit made sure of that. And while it's probably too early to say this, we could be looking at the most-gifted field of singers in "Idol" history (or at least since the epochal third season). So it would probably benefit you to get to know the field before the cruel cut-downs begin.

And since we know you're busy, we've decided to condense each contestant into a quick, 140-character bio, each ready to be cut-and-pasted into your very own Twitter feed. For your perusing pleasure, here's our take on the "American Idol" top 24 — Twitterized. Because how else can you tell your Brett Loewensterns from your Clint Jun Gamboas?

Ashthon Jones: Big hair, bigger voice. Bears uncanny resemblance to young Beyoncé. Likes roller skating. Creative spelling of first name.

Brett Loewenstern: Bigger hair, even bigger collection of accessories. Is vaguely New Age-y. Also vaguely reminds us of a camp counselor.

Casey Abrams: This year's token oddball. Makes goofy faces. Is actually pretty talented. Resembles Fozzie Bear, a ginger Screech, Mike D.

Clint Jun Gamboa: Twitchy karaoke champ with impressive arsenal of eyewear. Refuses to apologize for Jacee Badeaux dis. Rivers Cuomo-esque.

Haley Reinhart: Returning contestant who seems to have existed in some form on every "Idol" season ever. Raspy voiced. Preternaturally happy.

Jacob Lusk: Prodigiously piped gospel singer. Makes amazing faces while singing. Sort of resembles Mushmouth. Always wears ties. Is awesome.

James Durbin: Rocker who recalls Adam Lambert. Made bold choice to tackle Sam Cooke classic. In desperate need of a bandana intervention.

Jordan Dorsey: Catty, cutthroat alpha male who adheres to the "I'm just here to win" mantra, probably to his detriment. Not a good teammate.

Jovany Barreto: Bulgy, libidinous crooner with smoove voice. Wears much linen. Is here for the ladies. Has an amazing Twitter account.

Julie Zorilla: Poised, put-together pre-packaged entertainer. Wears many dresses. Early favorite of J.Lo. Recalls every Disney princess.

Karen Rodriguez: Primping diva-in-training. Vowed to be first Latina "Idol" champ. Possesses the talent to do so, yet is not a guy, so ...

Kendra Chantelle: Raspy-voiced powerhouse from Nashville. Despite talent, may be outshined by other female singers. Has two first names.

Lauren Alaina: Young, bubbly judges' favorite. Is strangely drawn to Steven Tyler. Dresses like she's attending a Quinceañera at Dollywood.

Lauren Turner: Likable everywoman/singing maid. Much like Kendra Chantelle, may have trouble grabbing the spotlight. Impressive hair.

Naima Adedapo: Bewitching nu-soul singer with tricky last name. Has large back tattoo, dreadlocks à la Crystal Bowersox. Is a real wild card.

Paul McDonald: Aptly named singer/songwriter who possesses very little flash, and yet, is a favorite. Might regret that rhinestone suit.

Pia Toscano: Talented singer whose name sounds like an Olive Garden entrée. Polished, performing-arts background, which explains a lot.

Rachel Zevita: Over-the-top stage baby with an attitude to match. Is an odd mix of Tatiana Del Toro and Siobhan Magnus, only so much more.

Robbie Rosen: Slightly gawky singer who somehow stole Billy Joel's hair, circa Glass Houses. Transforms into confident loverman when singing.

Scotty McCreery: Throwback country crooner who is eternally twanging "Baby Lock Them Doors." Would be super-famous in Nashville, 1985.

Stefano Langone: Booming singer who survived a near-fatal accident, and has the scars to prove it. Handsome, yet is sort of the Anti-Jovany.

TaTynisa Wilson: Big singer with creatively spelled first name. Eternally poised on the verge of greatness, has yet to reach those heights.

Thia Megia: Ultra-young singer with voice, presence beyond her years. Last female to make the cut, yet could be considered a dark horse fave.

Tim Halperin: Everydude with appropriately bland name. Despite that fact, is handsome, which could make him shoo-in to win the whole thing.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:20 am 
Site Admin

Hey Jim aka Freddy!!! Good to see you. I like Casey also. I did think he yelled a little much last night, but there's that something about him. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him!

I love that Adam tweeted about Jacob and James. I hope he continues to let us know what he's thinking.

If you didn't catch his tweets, here's what he said. Sorry can't cap them because twitter is blocked at work. :(

@adamlambert Ok caught up on idol: Jacob Lusk--Werk it the fuck out sister! I'm so excited to hear u sing every week!!

@adamlambert Durbin sounded badass tonight! Lot more control! And while we both have a rock scream I think we're pretty different stylistically.

Came across this pic and had to post it. Especially because of the pendant!!!!! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:59 am 

Top 12 girls

Jim Cantiello:

instant reaction - http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/627992/a ... re_twitter

full recap

Lyndsey Parker

My Idol top 12 girls recap! http://yhoo.it/gY3d8i

Michael Slezak

'American Idol' Recap: The Girls Who Played With Fire http://bit.ly/ChantelleYouStay

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:35 am 
Adam Bomb

Hmmm....when Thia sang last night I had chills for her entire song! This kid is only 15, OMG, I wished I had that talent & self esteem at that age.

I like Lauren, but it was cute her playing to Tyler at first, now it is becoming offensive. She is playing the sex kitten a little too much.

Love Naima too, if she does not make singing her career, she has a career in fashion, loved her outfit. It was better than some designers.

Pia was good too, but not sure if that wasn't just because she was last.

I think the guys were so much better than the girls. Thia was the standout in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:32 pm 

I am so late posting about the results show but RL, and more importantly, flailing over Adam being on Idol next week, have taken precedence!!!

Lyndsey Parker:

video recap:

http://tvdonewright.com/2011/03/america ... ng-top-13/

Jim Cantiello:

For those of you who missed "Idol Party Live," the first 8 (!) parts are up now! http://www.mtv.com/videos/?id=1658965 4 more on the way. ;)

Michael Slezak:

'American Idol' Semifinal Results Recap: Now That's What I Call a Top 13! http://bit.ly/GeorgiaStillOnMyMind

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:47 pm 

RyanSeacrest Before u hear it on TV, here's this year's #AmericanIdol farewell song by @TheDavidCook: http://bit.ly/dLlHhM

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:50 pm 

James Durbin on the Adam comparisons at 1:50

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/E6pTRJLK7Rg [/YouTube]

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:03 am 

This is a very interesting article about James Durbin who I personally find it hard to warm to, but I have to give him credit for all the hard work he's put in on his path to Idol.

The book of James: The amazing journey of James Durbin to 'American Idol'

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-new ... ck_check=1

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:28 pm 
Adam Bomb

LizMarie wrote:
James Durbin on the Adam comparisons at 1:50

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/E6pTRJLK7Rg [/YouTube]

Cool interview! I like James too....While a lot of people seem to want to compare him to Adam, he still can find his own little nitch with the heavey metal stuff like he said. He wants to get out of Adam's shadow and that is understandable b/c being compared with Adam will only hurt his chances IMO. Adam is the more polished vocalist of the two for sure...but James has his own unique gritty style too that deserves recognitition for what it is IMO.

BTW I just read the book of James link you left too Liz and it is very interesting....I would love to see James go far in this competition....It was also mentioned that Adam tweeted about him as well? Do you know what Adam tweeted by chance?

"Adam the reason you are shaking up this competition so much is because you dare to dance in the path of greatness....Fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants I've ever witnessed on American Idol!".....Paula Abdul from Season 8 on Movies Theme Night

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:53 pm 

Dear AI Season 10 contestants,

Watch and take notes! http://www.mr-l.org/live-vs-rehearsal-a ... dambombed/

Don't thank me, thank Adam!

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:42 am 

Everyone is raving about Adam's peformance of acoustic Aftermath!!!

LyndsayParker: 'Idol' Top 13 Results Night: Casey Goes M.I.A., Lambert Goes Acoustic, Ashthon Goes Home http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... goes-home/

Michael Slezak: 'American Idol' Recap: The Goodbye Girl http://bit.ly/NotThisTimeBaby

Jim Cantiello: TBA

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:48 am 

Adam show the Top 13 how it is done

great post-idol interview with Adam!!!!!!!!!!

Adam Lambert Promises 'Less Campy, More Primal' New Album; Talks Lady Gaga, 'Idol' Performance

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/a ... ore-166821

THR: Last year it was Siobhan Magnus, this year, James Durbin is getting the Adam Lambert comparisons. You just met James, what was that like?

Lambert: He's great. He seems like such a nice guy and he sounds great on the show. He's amazing, a total rocker!

THR: And the comparisons, whether welcome or dismissed?

Lambert: I take it as a compliment because I think he's good. And he said the same thing. I do see the similarities with the high rocker thing but I do think we're really different as well. It's like saying me and David Cook are the same just because we’re both guys and singing rock. I think James is much more metal. And if I had to make any sort of observation, I’d venture to say he's more 80s and I'm more 70s. But I think he's really talented.

THR: Who else has impressed you this season?

Lambert: Pia [Toscado] blew my mind on Wednesday night. She is mighty. I was, like, holy Moses! And I love Jacob [Lusk] for being just fabulous. I like this season.

THR: During the commercial break, you took time to say hello to all of the finalists, with the exception of Casey Abrams, who was in the hospital. Does returning to the Idol studio bring back those feelings of anxiety?

Lambert: I was watching on Wednesday night thinking, maybe it's better to not see the show or I might get there and feel like I’m competing! Luckily, I got that out of my head. It's really cool coming back because a lot of the crew is the same. They were like family to me. But yes, competing on this show is such a high pressure, stressful time. If it wasn't for the dynamic I had with so many behind-the-scenes people, I don't think I would've been as comfortable.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:26 pm 
Adam Bomb

After Idol show interview with Adam.........

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/11/ameri ... more-36846

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:38 pm 
Adam Bomb

REVIEW of IDOL this week March 9..

REALLY FUNNY!!!
http://www.thehomeplanet.org/?p=65083#more-65083

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:04 pm 
Adam Bomb

I love this..................... :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:57 am 

Songs from the year you were born week:

lyndseyparker 'American Idol' Top 12 Night: Sounds Like Teen Spirit

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realit ... en-spirit/

Michael Slezak 'American Idol' Recap: Natural 'Born' Killers

http://bit.ly/BlueCornMoon

Jim Cantiello 'American Idol' Recap: Pia, Naima And Scotty Ask A Lot Of Questions

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/03/17/amer ... re_twitter

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:13 pm 

American Idol Season 10 Exit Poll

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/american-idol/ ... .htmlstory

Fanatical experts, pundits, journos, predicit who will get booted off each week.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:15 am 
Adam Bomb

I love Nirvana songs and I thought Casey did an AWFUL performance of "Smells Like Teen Spirit".