ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 07.06.10 - KNOXVILLE, TN - Tennessee Theatre
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

Here's the place to talk about the Knoxville, TN show on July 6th.

This includes who's going, meeting up, ticket sale dates, pictures, and videos.

TICKET SALES: Retail Sales - SOLD OUT. Tickets still available on Broker Sites, Ebay, etc.

Post subject: Re: 07.06.10 - KNOXVILLE, TN - Tennessee Theatre
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:27 pm 
Adam Bomb

On Adam Official we have approximately 50-60 fans meeting at Calhoun’s for dinner before the concert. Calhoun’s is about a 10 minute drive from the Crowne Plaza. Many fans are planning on staying at the Crowne Plaza which is 3 ½ blocks from The Tennessee Theatre. If any fans here want to join us at Calhoun’s, we need a count ASAP on Adam Official in the Knoxville concert thread. Also, the Holiday Inn and the Crowne Plaza both stated that rooms are limited on the night of the concert. Don’t wait too late to make reservations if you’re planning on staying over after the concert.
I can’t believe that Adam has not booked anything for Atlanta yet. I plan to visit my mother in Cleveland Tn. and then drive to Knoxville the day of the concert. Who else is going to the Knoxville concert?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:29 am 

Coke and I are going. I think we are staying at the Hilton. I have a spare ticket I am putting up on the sale thread.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:48 am 
Adam Bomb

I'll be attending this concert also. :yahoo

Glambert #1618

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:55 pm 
Adam Bomb

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'M EXCITED! LizMarie and I bought our tickets today!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:21 pm 
Adam Bomb

Needacoke,
I’m so glad to see that you are going to the Knoxville concert. I couldn’t go to Nashville because of a conflict in schedule. A bunch of Glamberts will meet for dinner at Calhoun’s by the River at 4:30 before the concert. We are taking reservations for the banquet hall until we reach 70 people. We still have a few openings if you and LizMarie are interested in joining us.
You will need to get in touch with Glambert2212
http://www.adamofficial.com/middle-east/node/1454857
Pris
I hope to see you and LizMarie there at Calhoun's and the Theatre. I will be sitting in the Orchestra Center row J.

Are you planning on doing the GlamFlash Mob during Fever?

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:58 pm 

Pris wrote:
Needacoke,
I’m so glad to see that you are going to the Knoxville concert. I couldn’t go to Nashville because of a conflict in schedule. A bunch of Glamberts will meet for dinner at Calhoun’s by the River at 4:30 before the concert. We are taking reservations for the banquet hall until we reach 70 people. We still have a few openings if you and LizMarie are interested in joining us.
You will need to get in touch with Glambert2212
http://www.adamofficial.com/middle-east/node/1454857
Pris
I hope to see you and LizMarie there at Calhoun's and the Theatre. I will be sitting in the Orchestra Center row J.

Are you planning on doing the GlamFlash Mob during Fever?

Pris, I emailed Glambert 2212 but haven't heard anything back yet. We will be sitting in Orchestra Centre Row E and strawberry77 just bought my spare ticket.

I can't speak for Coke but I plan on doing the Fever Flash mob to the best of my ability. i am sure with far more enthusiam than finesse. :chicken

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:26 pm 
Adam Bomb

Wahoo, im so excited! :yahoo :cheers :rock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:57 pm 
Adam Bomb

strawberry77 wrote:
Wahoo, im so excited! :yahoo :cheers :rock

Me too! Glad you'll be sitting with us, Strawberry77!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:52 am 
Adam Bomb

I'm inviting TALC members to join AO Glamberts for dinner at Calhoun's by the River. You can leave me a message or send Glambert2212 and e-mail.

Pre CONCERT PLANS:
Dinner at Calhoun's - http://www.calhouns.com/calhSite.shtml
-Dinner is scheduled to begin at 4:30. It will be buffet style, with coffee, tea and water included in the meal price. A cash bar will be available. Email glamnation_knoxville: at Glambert2212@yahoo.com if you have not yet done so and wish to be included!
Liz, Glambert2212 said that she didn't get your e-mail. Not sure what happened. Send her another note.
Coke...CONGRATULATIONS on the Ryman tickets. You lucky gal!

EDIT: Pre-concert party - There has been a change of plans. We are meeing at the Downtown Grill & Brewery at 5:00 instead. If you're interested in joining us let me know.

Last edited by Pris on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:24 pm 

Pris, I've sent a second email. Fingers crossed.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:05 pm 
Adam Bomb

I love the dancers, costumes, and all the visuals. On Strut, Adam comes out dressed like a ring master ready to lead us into a grand celebration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJcai32Pya8&feature=uploademail
Did you notice the Day of the Dead mask the dancers wear and the psychedelic skull on the screen? I thought it would be fun to create our own Day of the Dead mask colored with glow in the dark crayons, glitter, and ribbons and dance with our mask during Strut. It would be a way to celebrate the cycle of life, letting go of the old and celebrating the birth of a new life or freedom; We all have our own pollution, it’s all about the execution (putting to death)… open your mouth, open it wide, let the freedom begin. This site has a pattern for a Day of the Dead mask that would be cheap to make in mass production and we could share with friends and other Glamberts at the concert.
http://parenting.leehansen.com/downloads/crafts/masks/skeleton.htm
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf24630777.tip.html
This could be a fun project to make the night before at the hotel or during the dinner held before the concert. I had a blast making Lambert posters during the Idol concert. So...instead of posters/signs, we make mask. This really is turning into a huge party, with GlamFlashMob to Fever, Blue Glow Sticks for WWFM, and Party Mask for Strut. What do you think?
Blue Glow Sticks during WWFM
http://www.adamofficial.com/middle-east/node/1537672

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:22 am 

Pris--the Masks sound like such fun (although i haven't an artistic bone in my body) and I love the idea of the blue glowsticks!! I did hear back about Calhouns so Coke and I are all set to join you all. Thanks so much .

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:33 am 
Adam Bomb

LizMarie and Needacoke,
I'm glad to know that you will be joining us. Liz, here is a mask you can print. All you need to do is color it lol.
http://www.leehansen.com/coloring/Holidays/Halloween/pages/day-of-dead-skull.htm
Adam loves to interact with the audience. I think the mask adds to the fun. Another group was talking about wearing Mardi Gras mask during Strut. I like the Day of the Dead mask myself.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:21 pm 

Now that I've gotten back from TN, I just want to try to put some other things down about Knoxville that I didn't have time for while Coke, Eternal and I were on the road.

I've already noted upthread how stunning the Tennessee Theatre was. Overall, Knoxville was lovely: charming with true Southern hospitality. I loved the gorgeous pedestrianized dining and shopping area Coke and I had lunch at. My cab driver (a woman) from the airport was so friendly and she naturally asked what brought me to Knoxville. When I told her I was there to see Allison, Orianthi and Adam Lambert, she immediately said how much she liked him on Idol. Well, the conversation just flowed from there and she told me about the music personalities she's driven--she asked if I'd ever met Adam and I told her, yes, twice but very fleetingly. She wanted to know what he was like as a person. I said I felt from my experience that while he exudes the rock star persona on stage, that in person, he is a very genuine and sweet young man who is promoting a message of love and acceptance that I think the world needs more of today. She very perceptively responded, well, if he was a jerk in person, I don't think you would have flown all this way to see him, no matter how good he sings, would you? We then went on to talk about the acceptance (or not) of mixed race marriages and homosexuality in the South and her perception that attitudes are changing and that the South can't be pre-judged as a whole at being bigoted.

Well, then I had my little fly in the ointment of the concert experience. Eternal sat with Coke and I in the center 5th row since I was unable to sell the ticket I had prev. agreed to sell to Strawberry77 who dropped out of sight(don't come back on this forum again! or else!). This turned out to be so great as Eternal and I could dance and flail while Coke dedicated herself to imortalizing the show. In the midst of Orianthi's set, the seats to my left were taken up with three young people in their 20s (two men and a blonde woman). After Ori while the stage was being set up, I struck up a conversation with the man sitting next to me (I was going to give them some glowstix, if they didn't have any) They were all from a local radio station which had sponsored an Adam look alike contest earlier in the day. He said they had iterviewed Ori earlier in the day. The blonde then asked me how I felt about Ori's new song, and I told her I preferred 'according to you' to 'shut up and kiss me'. I then asked Justin who was the station marketing director, sitting right next to me if they had added IIHY yet. He said no, that they were still playing WWFM and does he sing it during the concert. I then gave him some back ground about the show storyline (they were clueless) . The blonde, who turned out to be the dj then asked Eternal and I what our husbnds did since we were going to so many concerts. When I said I didn't have one of those anymore, she made some smart ass comment about Figures! She later commented maybe that why I was so interested in Justin the md! (BItch!!) Justin, to his credit, seemed very interested in Adam's career and we had a great conversation about Idol, the AMAs and the message of love and acceptance Adam promotes. I gave him some TALC cards and said my colleague was going to try to film some of tonight's concert and that there were some great ones of previous shows on the TALC site. Well, the show started, Adam came on and I kind of forgot about them (wonder why), that is, until they all got up and left after Fever and did not come back!!! It worries me when I think how much power djs like that have over radio play in the little fiefdoms.

It was a fun show, perhaps a little less polished than others I've seen (maybe they were still recuperating form Atlanta). Afterwards, Eternal and I went to the buses (while Coke, still in mission mode, went back to the hotel to start uploading vids) and saw/spoke with everyone but Adam. One cool thing is that Monte clearly knows who TALC is ("TALC's the one with the amazing vids, right?", he asked me ). Monte was so funny--we'd just finished a little chat and then he held his beer bottle out to me. I said what am I supposed to do with that, hold it? He said,yes, would you? Stay with me. So I did, so he could sign and take pix. I guess I've been promoted--from chief bottle washer to bottle holder. Whe security tried to bust me for the beer, I pointed to Monte and siad, it's not mine it's his. The guy said, that's OK then. Nice to have pull like that!

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:24 am 
Adam Bomb

LizMarie, I really enjoyed your wrap-up of your Knoxville visit.
My heart is full and it's of conflicting emotions and sadness. I haven't visited TALC in a long time, but am here on my own mission. I bought tickets to the Knoxville show -- when the tickets came on pre-sale with a code, I immediately jumped on that but only was able to get 2 tickets in balcony row FF. But at least I got them! Then later I saw on AO that a lady was selling one of her tickets in row P which was better, so I bought that (at cost). So I had 3 tickets but no one to go with, so I was going to go by myself. I had to break down and tell my husband that I wanted nothing better than to go to Knoxville, stay in a hotel and see the Adam Lambert concert with other fans (my plan had been to meet with the group that was going to eat at Calhoun's).
Then the ATLANTA tickets came on sale. Well, I could not get a ticket through the pre-sale though I tried fifty times for an hour. (Turns out they were late in getting them on sale). But there I was at work and I just couldn't sit and stew about that all day. A couple of weeks later I asked the concierge in my office building, who was selling Harry Connick Jr. tickets, if she could get Adam Lambert tickets. She responded, yes, she had a broker she could get them from; 2 tickets in balcony for $130 each. Or there was a single ticket in row J for $160. I jumped on that. So I sold my 2 balcony tickets at cost through Craigslist and gave away my one e-ticket to a college student named Kameron (who responded to the craigslist ad) because I wasn't even sure the e-ticket could work and I couldn't figure out how to sell it to someone in Tennessee and get paid before emailing the ticket. And anyway, it's ok, I was happy for Kameron, what little I could determine about him. And I DIDN'T go to Knoxville because I just really really cannot justify the expense (really; we're not a family with a lot of random spending money) when Adam was coming to Atlanta and the ticket I bought was so very expensive.

So I have ONE ticket to Atlanta Symphony Hall because really guys, I know NO ADAM LAMBERT FANS in my world. My husband pleaded me not to force him to go. My 15 year old daughter is way too cool for school and I have to sort of keep my Adam-love in a closet. I'm an actress and even putting out feelers on myspace have noted some people think he's "ok" and that's about it. One gay guy in a play I did called "Christina Darling" (in which the Joan Crawford character was played by a 6'2" man) said he liked Ada in AI but not so crazy about his album. I had asked this guy if he'd be interested in going to Knoxville with me and he was like, no, I'm busy that week.

So..... here's my plea, and I'm going to post in the Atlanta thread if I could find it-- is there a party I could join here in Atlanta? I feel so lonely going all by myself! LMK!!
Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:54 pm 
Adam Bomb

nosyrosie98 follow me on twitter @2prissy4u and I'll DM you my e-mail (You might have it already, I'll check my files.) I attended the Knoxville and Nashville concerts. Needacoke sold me a ticket to Atlanta Symphony Hall so I will be going to that concert also. I would love to join you for dinner before the concert. I'll try to get a small group together with Glamberts on AO.
Looking forward to meeting you,
Pris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:56 pm 

LizMarie