ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: GENERAL GLAMNATION TOUR INFO HERE
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:02 am 
Adam Bomb

Looks like he will also be at the mall on June 3. No tickets needed?

http://www.themallatsteamtown.com/index.html

http://www.themallatsteamtown.com/special_events.html

Special Events

May 29th
Artists Market

May 29th
Adam Lambert Meet and Greet Ticket Giveaway
BHT at Rave from 1 - 3 p.m. for a chance to meet Adam Lambert at the mall on Wednesday, June 2nd.

June 2nd
Adam Lambert Meet and Greet
VIP event - you MUST have a ticket from 97BHT

June 3rd
Adam Lambert 97 BHT Ticket Stop
6 - 7:30 p.m.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:40 am 

Thanks so much for posting that virg-o. I hope some of you can make it!!

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:29 pm 

Adam appreciates all the gifts that fans have given him. However, as you have seen from his recent tweets, he has asked for donations in lieu of gifts while he is on the GlamNation Tour. His endorsed charity (although you should not feel restricted to that, if you have another that you favour) Donorschoose.org has sent up a GlamNation Tour giving page at this link;
http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/viewChallenge.html?id=28295

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:46 pm 

A little sample of the opening acts for Adam: Allison with Orianthi featuring her single 'Don't Waste the Pretty' (article and audio). Fierce guitar by Ori.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/06/02/allison-iraheta-dont-waste-the-pretty-orianthi/

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

ainow: Just got off the call w/Adam Lambert! Will be posting about it soon. Got lots of info about tour! Yes, we asked about M&G ;) Stay tuned!

ainow: Adam Lambert will be doing 2 surprise covers on the tour! Lots more info coming soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:53 pm 

:yahoo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:10 pm 

Info added later re: meet and greets--"We know a lot of you have been asking about Meet & Greets so we tried to get a clear answer. But, Adam says it depends on the venue. The best way to try to get passes is to contact your local radio station(s) to ask if they're giving them out. Some will, some won't. "

Adam Lambert Talks To Media about his Upcoming Tour

AI Now 6/2/10 http://www.ainow.org/index.php/tidbits/2793-adam-lambert-talks-to-media-about-his-upcoming-tour-

Adam Lambert's much anticipated tour, "Glam Nation" kicks off this Friday in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Today, he did a conference call with the media to talk about what fans can expect. AINow's Renee Snyder was part of that call.

Adam on the tour:

He says the show itself is being visually inspired by turn-of-the-century New Orleans meets psychedelic classic rock. He is working with Skingraft Designs for the costumes. As of now, there are no collaborations expected on tour right now. There will be 2 surprise covers, but Adam won't dish. He wants them to be a surprise! There is not a set plan to change the show, but there will be shifts in song selection. This will mostly be during the big acoustic section in the middle of the show. This section may vary from night to night, week to week.

People that were uncomfortable at the AMAs will definitely be comfortable at this show. The concert is sexy, but if anybody thought that (the AMA performance) was not tasteful, this is tasteful.

He tried to give the show a world to exist in, and a reason why each song comes next. He fell love again with his song “Voodoo” and realized that all of his songs could live in that world: turn-of-the-century New Orleans meets modern New Orleans, voodoo, crystal ball, magic. There is also a lot of psychedelic, classic rock visual references (people like Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Keith Richards that have inspired the look and the feel of the show).

For this tour, he honed in on the spiritual quality of performance. There is something magical that happens between you and an audience when you're really connected. My fans are very passionate about what I do, and now that I've gotten to know them, the show is really built for the fans, the people that have been so supportive.

In the show, there is a really strong message of love. “From the top of the show, I am inviting the audience to take a journey with me through this kind of emotional thematic world. The beginning of the show is more about seduction, mystery, intrigue and sexiness. The midpoint of the show is heartbreak and vulnerability. The latter half of the show is celebration, joy, love and connection."

This tour gives him more freedom than the last tour and when he was on American Idol. Most of the people coming to his show are fans and are aware of his music and his career so there are not many first impressions that he's making. But that is a bit of a challenge because he needs to reinvent songs. There is less pressure to prove anything and more of an opportunity to create something.

Adam did have a hand in choosing the opening acts for the tour. Allison was one of the options and he said he definitely wanted to go with her because she is incredibly talented and he wants more and more people to be aware of her music because it's awesome. He had already met Orianthi and he thought she would be a good counterpart.

Adam on his biggest influences:

As far as influences, this tour was definitely influenced by the big pop tours, such as Michael Jackson, Madonna, Paula Abdul - people that put on a show with a visual and a story and a theme. They reinterpret a song both visually and musically to give a context. His background in musical theater really helped him a lot with the tour. It's first and foremost about the music, but he also wants to give people something to look at, giving them a reason why each song is next in the set.

Adam on his next single:

With regard to future singles, Adam was asked if Fever will ever be a single and whether the male pronoun could have an impact on that. “The male pronoun is definitely a little bit of a red flag, but we haven't talked about it yet…we have to see how the feel is in the market, what the trends are, what would be the best choice for me career wise and strategically.”

Adam on his first album:

When asked if he was required to conform when making his album, Adam laughed, "Clearly, conformity really isn't my thing!" As an artist and a business person, he made music that has a mass appeal quality to it and some music on the album that’s a little more specific. He felt like people were expecting something. Even though he performed a lot of classic rock on American Idol and he is fond of it, in the challenge of making new music and coming up with his own music, he wanted to do his brand of pop music and do something a little bit different. When making the album, he learned the most from Linda Perry. She has a really strong personality and reminded him that he is in the position to make commercial pop music but that he also set himself up to make something different. That encouraged him to have a balance of music on the album that included music that's more accessible and music that's more experimental.

Adam on a second album:

With regards to a second album, it will be even better, because he will have more time to work on it. Plus, having been on the road, he's learned about audience expectations and will be more artistically educated the next time around. Adam doesn't expect to start working on the second album until around January.

Adam on Idol Finale:

He was not invited to perform. When they did the tribute song for Simon, it was originally just supposed to be the winners singing. But then they invited all of the idols that attended to sing as well. It was all very last minute. Had he known, he might have rethought his attendance. It was a miscommunication, there was no drama or hard feelings.

Adam on his image:

He classifies his image as glam rock. There's the 70s glam, the 80s glam, and right now for the tour, he's going for a look that is really inspired by “psychedelic rock star” blended with “steam punk,” which is Victorian era fashion mixed with modern elements. Punk rock mixed with retro kind of historical clothing. Skingraft is designing a lot of custom pieces for the tour.

With regards to his sexual preferences, Adam wanted his career to be an open book. He's always rolled his eyes at celebrities keeping secrets and trying to put forth an image that is manufactured. He wanted to be who he wanted to be because it would be easier. He figured people knew about his sexual preference based on his history in LA as a performance artist and being somebody out and about so he figured he would own it. He's proud of it. “If the audience doesn't like my sexuality, then they can find some other artist to look at."

Adam on his journey from 'Idol' to now:

He was asked what his been the most amazing part of his experience so far. Adam says, "It's all been pretty fuckin’ amazing!" He thinks that getting to conceptualize his first headlining tour is a dream come true. He thinks his album is really strong and he loves all the music on it. And performing on stage is what he is best at.

LizMarie

Last edited by LizMarie on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
added update

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:59 am 

Adam on VH1, GlamNation Tour promo

Adam says we can post questions on line and he will try to answer them.

This is part of an MTV initiative which, as of Thursday (June 3) will introduce a series of channels on MTV.com, VH1.com and CMT.com under the brand Posted. These three standalone sites such will center on a particular music artist for a one-month period, aggregating that artist’s Twitter and Facebook updates, Foursquare recommendations, along with original and archival photos and videos. (Full article here http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_display/special-reports/digital-hot-list/e3i4ad94ea6265fac029f677f1ac0d6c84d .

To start things off American Idol rocker Adam Lambert will be the focus of Posted.VH1.com

VH1 Vid -->>>http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/520868/adam-lambert-posted-promo-submit-questions.jhtml

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:37 pm 

More details on concert thematics:

All eyes on Adam Lambert with KFest

Record On Line http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100603/ENTERTAIN/100609890/-1/SITEMAP

For the past 16 years, radio station K104 (104.7 FM in Fishkill) has been sponsoring KFest, bringing the "who's who" of pop acts to the Hudson Valley. This year's sold-out concert on Sunday might be its most impressive yet. Rapper Ludacris, 2009 "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert and Train are just a few of the big names on the bill.

Go! reporter Sandy Tomcho spoke with Adam Lambert about his gig and what fans can expect.

Q&A: Adam Lambert

Q. You'll be at KFest Sunday and I was wondering how you're gonna take the headlining tour ("Glam Nation") and translate that into 45 minutes in an outdoor stadium.

A. It's actually gonna be about an hour. My individual set's about an hour and, ya know, it's real exciting. I have a show that I've put together with ... I have like a creative director that I'm working with very closely. She helps me make sure my visions are turned into reality. I have a great band, a group of four dancers and a choreographer and a wonderful costume designer, so we're really trying to take advantage of this hour and put together a show.

It's more than just a typical set. There's like a thematic, kind of emotional story running through the set. There are visual elements that pull it all into one world. I've been inspired by turn-of-the-century, New Orleans kind of a kitschy/glam/black magic, ya know ... voodoo-type concept, and I'm also experimenting in the show with Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead, a holiday celebrated by Latin Americans) and Mardi Gras and things like that. There's a very festive element, a lot of kind of psychedelic rock, classic rock influences as well, and I think people will really be in for a treat.

Q. Can we expect any collaborations on the (headlining) tour this year?

A. As of now, it's pretty much me collaborating with my band and my dancers for the time being. But you never know. Things may change. I never set anything in stone.

Q. Straight up, are people who were up in arms about your American Music Awards performance gonna be comfortable at this show, or should they stay home?

A. I definitely think they'll be comfortable. That was kind of an artistic experiment — the AMAs — and I learned a lot from it. I learned kind of what my limitations are; I learned what my audience wants to see, and the concert definitely is sexy, but I feel like, if anybody felt that that (AMA performance) was not tasteful, this is tasteful.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:10 pm 

adamlambert Check out http://www.posted.vh1.com all month for a behind the scenes peek into my tour, video and life!

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:41 am 

Take a Trip with an 'Idol' Star

BRAD PATTON For The Times Leader 6/4/10 http://www.timesleader.com/features/Take_a_trip_with_an__lsquo_Idol_rsquo__star_06-03-2010.html

As he gets ready to kick off his first-ever headlining tour in Wilkes-Barre tonight, it is sometimes easy to forget that Adam Lambert didn’t actually win “AmericanThe former "American Idol" contestant kicks off his Glam Nation Tour to a sold out crowd in Wilkes-Barre. His debut album, “For Your Entertainment,” is No. 62 on the Billboard 200, having moved up 10 notches in the past week in anticipation of the “Glam Nation” extravaganza. “Whataya Want From Me,” that album’s second single, peaked at No. 10 and is currently No. 29 as next single “If I Had You” is picking up steam. Season eight champion Kris Allen, who is opening shows as Lambert is headlining, is noticeably absent from both charts.

Last week’s “Idol” finale and send-off for departing judge Simon Cowell was attended by seven past champions and a host of other former contestants, but Lambert made more headlines for not being there.

And it is seemingly impossible to get a few minutes of his time these days for a one-on-one interview, as reporters from The Times Leader and roughly 40 other publications had to make do with a one-hour conference call two days before the start of the big tour.

“The show is really built for the fans,” Lambert said on the call. “I always make a point of listening to my fan base and finding out what the general consensus is. We will be doing the songs they love and the songs that lyrically and thematically represent me.”

The 70-show, three-month trek with opening acts Allison Iraheta (fourth-place finisher from the same “American Idol” season as Lambert) and singer-songwriter/guitarist extraordinaire Orianthi will start with a sold-out show at the F.M. Kirby Center tonight. Other shows within driving distance include: June 23 and 24 at the Nokia Theatre in New York City, June 26 at the Borgata in Atlantic City, Aug. 12 at the Tower Theatre in Upper Darby (Philadelphia) and Aug. 13 at Musikfest in Bethlehem.

The 28-year-old singer said he was really involved in the creative process of putting together the visuals for the tour and said the look will be “turn-of-the-century New Orleans meets psychedelic, classic rock.”

“Getting to conceptualize my first headlining tour and translating the material and making it come alive on stage has been amazing,” he said. “My background in musical theater came out a lot in this production. There is definitely a thematic through line running throughout the show.

“It’s really a strong message of love,” he continued. “As clich� as it sounds, it’s definitely true.”

After finishing second to Allen in May of 2009 in a still-controversial vote that may have had some people voting against the flamboyant Lambert rather than for the more conservative Allen (there were also some photos of Lambert kissing another man that made the rounds prior to the finale), Lambert’s first order of business was to come out in a “Rolling Stone” cover story.

“For me, for my career, I wanted it to be an open book,” Lambert said Wednesday. “I have lived in L.A. for eight years and have always kind of rolled my eyes at those who were trying to live up to an image and not being honest. It’s just easier for me to be who I am.

“It definitely comes with some pressure,” he said about being one of the first openly gay stars signed to a major label. “There’s a lot of challenges with being one of the first, but it is also exciting to be kind of a novelty in that respect.”

Lambert’s debut album was recorded during the “American Idols Live” tour and entered the charts at No. 3 in early December 2009, selling 198,000 copies in its first week.

“When you record for a major label, you have access to some of the biggest, most talented people in the business,” he said. “I’m really proud of the album because it is super diverse and shows all of my different sides.”

As for the controversy surrounding his “no show” at the “Idol” finale and rehearsals, Lambert said it was much ado about nothing.

“I wasn’t invited,” he said. “The group song tribute to Simon was for past winners, so I was invited for that. They invited me to come be in the audience, but I was too busy getting ready for the tour. Had I known there was going to be a performance (with the other non-winning “Idol” alumni), I would have maybe changed my plans.”

Turning the conversation back to the tour, Lambert said the first song will be “Voodoo,” which was recorded for the album but not released until his “Remixes” EP in April.

“It is a sexy, kitschy song, not to be taken too seriously about New Orleans and voodoo and all that,” he said. “When I was going through other ideas, I found that all of (my songs) could live in that world, so that’s the direction it took.”

The look of the show also draws inspiration from artists such as Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Keith Richards, Lambert said.

“With the psychedelic rock and the voodoo, it’s kind of a spooky, sexy, mysterious type thing. And I am inviting the audience to take a trip with me into that world.”

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:15 pm 

General interview about the tour with "The Raphie Radio Show"

http://ralphieaversa.blogspot.com/

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:29 pm 

For Dr. Z - Rainbow Lasers

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:09 pm 

What a tour bus looks like, thanks to Sasha (hey, FG, do you think Tommy will subject them all to the horror movies?)

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:18 pm 

VH1 'Posted' Backstage tour gear

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/524405/adam-lambert-posted-promo-backstage-tour-gear.jhtml

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:27 am 

VH1 "Posted" : This new site is featuring Adam during its inaugeral month and they are posting something, be it a pic, vid or blog nearly every day. Please try to hit it once a day to give Adam hits, even though entries will be posted here.

http://www.vh1.com/music/posted/adam-lambert/#fbid=CQO-KWJx407

"Posted vid" Adam gets spicy when he answers 5 questions (LOL, Adam reveals his 'porn name': http://www.vh1.com/video/interview/adam-lambert/460797/adam-lambert-on-what-his-porn-name-would-be.jhtml#id=1627260

"Posted" Blog entry- 6/6/10

We just received the following email direct from Adam as he preps for his Glam Nation tour. Remember to follow Adam for the entire month of June on VH1 Posted. The floor is yours, Adam!

TOP 10 THINGS I WONT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT WHEN GOING ON TOUR:

1. My iPhone! I cant leave home without my phone to keep in contact with my friends and family. It also holds all of my music!
2. My computer, of course. This is where I get to keep my creative juices flowing and I get to note a lot of my ideas. This is also where I get to keep in touch with my fans!
3. A flip cam. This allows me to capture moments behind the scenes to share with my fans!
4.A good book. With so much traveling and time on a bus, it is great to have a good read with me.
5. Nail Polish! Gotta keep my nails neat!
6. Journal. With this, I can write lyrics for any ideas of songs that I have as well as take notes on all of these amazing experiences that I am getting to participate in.
7. A hat! When I don’t want to do my hair, my hat always comes in handy.
8. Sharpies! Gotta have lots of these so I can sign autographs for fans!
9. Liquid Chlorophyll. Greens are so vital to good health!
10. My jewelry. I cant leave home without my accessories.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:46 pm 

Part of the VH1 "Posted" series...

VH1 @adamlambert sent us this awesome video of his fans freaking out as he arrived at a recent event. We love the passion! http://ow.ly/1WkwW

LizMarie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:25 am 
Site Admin

A GlamNation Tour banner made by Taxcha. So cool!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:24 pm 

Gorgeous! She's a fellow Tommy flailer!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:00 pm 
Adam Bomb

THE ADAM LAMBERT OFFICIAL STORE

Tour Merchandise
http://adamlambert.shop.bravadousa.com/Default.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:49 pm 
Adam Bomb

To anyone who has gone to one of the Glamnation concerts........

Are they selling tour books?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

Sky wrote:
To anyone who has gone to one of the Glamnation concerts........

Are they selling tour books?

No, sad to say they aren't.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:39 pm 
Adam Bomb

Well, that sucks. You'd think with all the pics/photos of beautiful Adam they could have printed off a tour book.........

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:04 pm 

VH1 "Posted" Gallery of 24 tour pix captioned by Adam:

http://www.vh1.com/photos/gallery/?fid=3188063&pid=4934603&dyn=artist#fbid=XKHtiE2yYvV

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:34 am 

Pris brought to my attention on the Knoxville thread that someone on AO had the idea of waving blue glowsticks during WWFM when Adam sings WWFM to show him some love. I think this is a great idea because of the visual impact without causing any disruption to Adam's performance. (the link for the original posts on AO is here:
http://www.adamofficial.com/middle-east/node/1537672 ) I noticed on one of the WWFM vids that some peeps did this last night at Mystic Lake , so word is spreading.

I've ordered a bunch for our NE GlamNation Vacation which kicks off at the Nokia on 6/22 and for my trip to the TN shows with Coke in July. The least expensive I have found (please allow 3-5 business days for delivery) is on amazon, 24 sticks for $12. Here is the amazon page : http://www.amazon.com/Set-Blue-Inch-glow-Sticks/dp/B002SBT41K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1276432157&sr=8-3

Sometimes you can find them at party supply stores as well.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:00 pm 

What a labour of love - chart prepared by @satanicfloret showing ticket sales per venue as of 6/12

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:25 am 

Interview with Orianthi (she's asked about Adam in the beginning)

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:01 am 
Adam Bomb

I just spoke to The Palace Theater.

OFFICIAL WORD IS:

1. People who have already bought tickets for the other venue will be getting a full refund from Ticketmaster.

2. Ticketmaster will then email those people who had previosuly bought tickets with a special 'pre-sale' to allow them to repurchase (at a different price) tickets to the Palace Theater. They are getting preferential treatment.

3. Ticketmaster is still setting up the sale/refund/specia pre-sale and people with tickets to the Clifton Park venue should be on the lookout for an email from them.

4. Buying a passport membership to The Palace Theater will NOT work this time because of the special circumstances. Normally, it gives the member special access to VIP seats, early sale, etc. NOT THIS TIME. What it WILL do is guarantee that you are going to get a ticket at the Palace - nothing else.

Please spread this around the other boards.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:18 pm 

Formspring q & a with Sasha

dancinsquash
Sasha Mallory

Has anyone thrown stuff on stage yet during the concert?
yea.... weve had boas and G string... Adam hates that btw and tommy had something thrown at him too... got pissed... were trying to perform folks.. wait until after to throw things lol

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:33 am 

Adam Lambert Talks About His Incredible Fans

Entertainment Focus (UK) 6/16/10

Adam Lambert has spoken about the passion of his fans whilst on the road with his Glam Nation Tour. Speaking exclusively to EF he told us 'The fans are so incredible. They’re so enthusiastic and passionate. They come and they’re dressed up and they’re loving what they’re seeing'.

He went on to explain how the fan reaction inspires him saying 'It gives us on stage that energy – we give better performances in exchange'.

We'll be bringing you a full tour update later in the week where Adam gives us the lowdown on the tour so far.

LizMarie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next