ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 12.15.10 LOS ANGELES, CA - The Music Box
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:46 pm 

Another LA show has been added--this thread concerns everything to do with the penultimate show of the GlamNation Tour.

The Music Box 8:00 pm

Sales via Ticketmaster http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0900455394494EF2?artistid=1342835&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Onsale to General Public
Start: Fri, 10/29/10 10:00 AM PDT

Adam Lambert Presale
Start: Wed, 10/27/10 10:00 AM PDT
End: Thu, 10/28/10 10:00 PM PDT
US $52.55

US $52.55 (US $39.50 Ticket + US $13.05 Fees)
PLEASE NOTE THE OPTION TO CHOOSE EITHER GENERAL ADMISSION FLOOR TICKETS OR GENERAL ADMISSION BALCONY TICKETS - PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE BALCONY IS ONLY PARTIALLY SEATED. ALL SEATS ARE FIRST, COME FIRST SERVE.

LizMarie

Post subject: Re: 12.15.10 LOS ANGELES, CA - The Music Box
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:23 pm 
Site Admin

On December 15, 2004 Adam performed "A Change is Gonna Come" at the Music Box Theater. Nice full circle moment!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:42 pm 
Adam Bomb

flynnsgirl wrote:
On December 15, 2006 Adam performed "A Change is Gonna Come" at the Music Box Theater. Nice full circle moment!

flynnsgirl... the video says 2004. What do you think?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:32 am 
Site Admin

stardust1213 wrote:
flynnsgirl wrote:
On December 15, 2006 Adam performed "A Change is Gonna Come" at the Music Box Theater. Nice full circle moment!

flynnsgirl... the video says 2004. What do you think?

I think I meant to type 2004 LOL Thanks for catching that!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

Good thing there was a presale today!!! :rolleyes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 pm 
Adam Bomb

So who can go to the Music Box show? I have just snagged 2 tickets, and I'm hoping to find a guide/buddy from here. I live in Houston, but I can meet up at LAX with a fellow TALC member and share taxi/hotel costs. The ticket is free, I don't need reimbursing for it, I just wanted someone who knows where to go and what to do, how to get to a meet and greet, maybe how to stay after to meet Adam?

Or, if others are going, we could all hook up and go together? Takers?

(I should have tickets in hand by 11/12 thru 11/16).

Auntie Maim
(aka Anon)
http://www.auntiemaim.com

"If you can't be a good example, be a dire warning." - Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:08 pm 
Adam Bomb

I'm happy to report that I have found a concert buddy! My friend Laura followed Adam's journey on Idol, and she already lives in LA. Yay! We're on the list for the After Party at Bardot VIP Lounge, too! Can't wait!

Auntie Maim
(aka Anon)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:26 pm 
Adam Bomb

auntiemaim wrote:
I'm happy to report that I have found a concert buddy! My friend Laura followed Adam's journey on Idol, and she already lives in LA. Yay! We're on the list for the After Party at Bardot VIP Lounge, too! Can't wait!

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!

take your camera and something you want signed, cause ya never know who may be in the lounge around town.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:43 pm 
Adam Bomb

Will do! So happy - can't wait!

Auntie Maim
(aka Anon)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 pm 

It looks like the opening act for Adam is The Canyons, Alisan Porter's band.

http://goldenvoice.com/shows/details/?id=29762

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:00 am 

Adam Lambert Fans Converge on Los Angeles for Final Concerts of the Glam Nation Tour

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/12/prweb8022283.htm

Adam Lambert, the Grammy-nominated 28-year-old singer, enjoys one of the most impassioned fan bases in popular music. Thousands of his supporters from around the globe will gather in Los Angeles on December 15 and 16 to attend the final concerts of his 100-city world tour. Highly networked via social media and Twitter, these fans have gone to extraordinary lengths to promote Lambert’s career, and many will be meeting one another in person for the first time.

Singer Adam Lambert rocketed to fame with his powerful renditions of rock classics during the 2009 season of American Idol. His debut CD For Your Entertainment has topped one million in sales worldwide, and his 100-city “Glam Nation” tour sold out in nearly every venue across the U.S., Asia, Australia, New Zealand and Europe. Along the way, he has collected an armload of Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum certifications.

As he returns home this month, Lambert continues to see his star rise, with a Grammy nomination for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for his hit single “Whataya Want From Me.” His Live Acoustic EP, released on December 6, 2010, soared to the number one spot on iTunes Album Charts by the next day and is receiving raves from music critics. The Houston Chronicle praised his “flawless, fearless vocals,” and said “He approaches every song with a ferocity that soars above most of today’s pop stars.”

With his affinity for diverse musical genres, Lambert does not fit neatly into a marketing pigeonhole. But his stellar vocals, good looks and showmanship have earned the devotion of fans who not only are buying his music and concert tickets, but have also poured considerable energy and ingenuity into promoting Lambert’s career.

Fans have set up blogs, orchestrated Twitter coverage of concerts and uploaded hundreds of videos to YouTube documenting virtually every performance. They tweet incessantly to spread the latest news, urge fans to vote in online polls, request his songs on the radio, tune in to his media appearances and buy his albums, singles and music videos.

Enthusiasm for Adam Lambert has pushed many fans to venture into new technological terrain, say Katherine Hollinsworth and Juneau Underwood, co-authors of a book, On the Meaning of Adam Lambert, and a popular fan blog of the same name. They have been observing the role of social media in the singer’s rise. For example, Lisa, an interior designer in Arizona, helped conceive of a web site focused on the tour, which she named GlamFansUnite, and launched a service (now called GlamFansUnite2) that creates Twitter lists of people attending concerts. The lists enable fans to find one another at venues and serves as a real-time news feed. When Lambert performed the Jimi Hendrix classic “Purple Haze” in Paris in honor of his guitarist’s birthday, tweets from the concert ignited a Twitter explosion that elevated “purple haze” to one of the most-tweeted phrases worldwide.

Another Lambert devotee, a San Diego educator known as “Suz526”, became a hero to the fandom by traveling to more than 50 concerts and systematically recording videos of each show. “I believe he is going to be iconic,” she explained, “and I felt it was important to document the rise of his career.” When the Glam Nation tour headed overseas in September, fans took up a collection to pay for Suz’s expenses so that she could follow the tour across Europe. She thanked her supporters recently in a YouTube video.

Underwood writes on the On the Meaning of Adam Lambert blog that Suz526 was astounded by the impact her videos have had: “…there are so many fans who will never have a chance to see Adam perform live. Some live too far away. Some can’t afford it. Some can’t leave their families for an evening out. Some are disabled and can’t leave their homes. One story that moved me to the core came from a woman who is losing her sight. Thanks to Suz and others who post videos, she has the chance to see Adam perform before her world goes dark forever.”

For thousands of fans, Lambert’s concerts have become like massive family reunions where people who bonded in cyberspace meet in person for the first time. Julie McCoy, known on Twitter as AZGlamFan, is one who, recognizing the intense desire of fans to meet one another, began organizing post-concert parties. For the final two concerts in Los Angeles, McCoy has spent hundreds of hours arranging celebrations at two appropriately glamorous clubs, the Bardot Hollywood VIP Lounge and ESPN Zone.

Of course, the fandom will be experiencing the tour finale virtually. Juneau & Xena’s Salon, a weekly Web radio program dedicated to Adam Lambert news, will be livecasting at 10PM EST before the show at The Music Box on December 15. Fans from Japan to Finland will be following a barrage of Tweets during the concert via GlamFansUnite2. And in the wee hours, they will be hovering over their computers, waiting for Suz526’s videos to materialize on YouTube.

ATTENTION: Of special interest to media covering these events:
12/15/10 Adam Lambert Glam Nation, The Music Box, Los Angeles
12/16/10 Adam Lambert Glam Nation, Club Nokia, Los Angeles

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:39 pm 
Adam Bomb

It's almost here! Squeeeeee!

Who all from TALC is going to LA? Myself, Flynnsgirl, and Tuke18, I know; anyone else? I so want to meet you all!

Auntie Maim
(aka Anon)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:06 am 

Great Review of Music Box performance by Lyndsey Parker

vids of all 2 of Adam's A Change is Gonna Come performances (Zodiac Show, AI, and MB)

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/414822/adam-lamberts-career-comes-full-circle-at-landmark-hollywood-show/

LizMarie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:31 pm 

Due to numerous technical difficulties, the TALC vids from Music Box are just now being released.

These are close ups of Adam. The show was shot from the floor and by holding the camera up the entire time to avoid hands and heads!!

Link here http://www.youtube.com/user/TALCvids

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

Here are the Music Box pics I have so far.

My pics are enhanced by weelassie.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

Another from Music Box.