ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10.10.10 MANILA, PHILLIPINES - Mall of Asia
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:12 pm 

This thread concerns everything involving the 10/10 concert in Manila, including pre show reviews, vids, and interviews.

LizMarie

Post subject: Re: 10.10.10 MANILA, PHILLIPINES - Mall of Asia
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:01 pm 

Manila commercial

http://manilaconcertscene.tumblr.com/post/1190456182

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:08 pm 
Adam Bomb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:36 am 

Vids from Manila to be found on Suz526 's channel http://www.youtube.com/user/suz526#p/a

Fever

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Pics from Orchidas

More here: http://plixi.com/6311293

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:19 pm 
Adam Bomb

What is with Monte and the wig??????????

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Sky wrote:
What is with Monte and the wig??????????

Sky, I found this on Twitter from Hanna...

The fans made him a headband with hair attached, like back in his Citizen Vein days. lol

And this is what Orchidas said when she tweeted her pic...

@Monterrific with his new tattoo, rocking the hair. Worship him, bitchesss.- 10 Oct, GNT Manila

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

All of Suz526's vids are up... enjoy!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:47 pm 
Adam Bomb

Freaking beautiful vids!!! Thank you! :thud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:31 am 

Manila fans, post concert reactions

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:34 am 

Non fan review of concert

http://blog.edarevalo.net/one-glam-night-with-adam-lambert-concert-review/

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:11 pm 

Adam Lambert wants some love in Manila gig

http://ph.yfittopostblog.com/2010/10/11/adam-lambert-wants-some-love-in-manila-gig/

Clad in leather with his signature dark eyeliner and edgy hairstyle, Adam Lambert took to the stage at the Mall of Asia concert grounds on 10.10.10 (October 10th, 2010), and wowed a crowd of 18,000 people. From his amazing backup dancers, to his talented band, the show was a spectacle of theatricality, musicality, and good old-fashioned glamorous fun.

The repertoire included Adam’s songs off his debut album, For Your Entertainment – specifically his hits: “Whataya Want From Me,” “For Your Entertainment,” and “If I Had You.”

One of the highlights of the show was an intimate performance of his moving, motivational rock ballad, Aftermath, which began with an important piece of advice care of Adam himself: “To love anyone else, you have to first…love yourself.” Through the performance, he sat on a stool in the middle of the stage and broke the song down into a charged up acoustic, and the crowd lovingly sang along with him. “Just remember, you are not alone in the aftermath,” he sang to the hopeful and hopeless alike.

Sweet, and conversational, Adam made it clear early on in the show that it was all about – and for the glory of, love, proving that he has heart, soul, and passion. “This show is about love,” he declared, smiling at his audience, “Both the dark side of it, and the light side…You see, sometimes in love, it’s not just about answers, but it’s about asking the right questions.” It was at that point when he jumped into an epic rendition of his hit, “Whataya Want From Me,” which generated a surge of energy and cheers from the crowd.

Despite the venue’s limitations in terms of production design, Adam was able to make a major impact with his vocal prowess alone. His deliciously risqué dance moves, and the quintessential intimate moment between his bassist (Tommy) and himself ten minutes into the show, were just the cherry on top of the most glamorous cake.

The last song on the list was a 10-minute long performance of his latest hit “If I Had You,” and as the intro began, Adam wanted to know: “Manila, are you having fun?!” He said, pointing his microphone toward the audience. Screams erupted from the crowd, and he grinned, “I said, Manila, are you having fun?!” he repeated, receiving even more enthusiastic cheers of agreement.

“The message I want you to walk home with tonight is that no matter how much money, fame, success, or sex you have in your life,” he declared, “it really doesn’t mean much unless it’s connected with love.” He screamed, “Love. That’s right people, come on!” Then the song began, and the crowd went crazy.

Bows, thank you’s, and I love you’s were exchanged, but as he exited the stage the audience began to cheer, “more,” and a few minutes later Adam was back on singing his final song (his encore): the infamous Mad World. In a more up-beat rendition of his famous cover, Adam wowed the crowd one last time, then the lights dimmed on his final high note, he took one last bow, and walked off.

As the crowds dispersed, some concertgoers could be heard enthusing amongst themselves: “he sounded so amazing, and he’s got such an awesome personality too!” Although the show ended much too soon, after a performance like that it is impossible to deny Adam’s musical talent, as well as his stage presence. Hopefully he comes back soon to share more of his greatness. For now, he came for our entertainment, he strutted his stuff, he treated us like surefire winners, and he gave us what we wanted from him: love.

After all, all we need in this world is some love, right?

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:31 pm 
Site Admin

REVIEW
Entertainment, Adam Lambert style
By Manny Espinola
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 22:42:00 10/12/2010

Filed Under: Celebrities, Music
MANILA, Philippines—That the global reception for Adam Lambert’s debut album, “For Your Entertainment,” has been generally positive is unqualified deliverance for such an intense and divisive talent.

Rock ’n’ roll and dance club music have rarely sat well together, but with Lambert straddling fluently between two “opposite” roots, “For Your Entertainment” came out equal parts metal glam and electroclash dance in a seamless package that glitters with the kind of sparkle rarely found outside of “Twilight” the movie.

Lambert’s Filipino fans came in droves Sunday night at the Mall of Asia open grounds, where the 28-year-old singer-songwriter’s Glam Nation world tour made a stop. The same girls who screamed for “Twilight’s” Robert Pattinson gave it up for Lambert as well—amid pounding dance beats and clitoral guitar licks that haven’t been heard in these parts since Robert Fripp in David Bowie’s “Scary Monsters” or Jimmy Page in “Communication Breakdown” eons ago.

“My band rocks!” Lambert screamed after making sure things were up to par on his watch with the pulse-taking question: “Manila, are you having fun?!!”

Sing-and-dance cycles

Lambert, master showman in top hat, coat tails and cane, plotted his repertoire this way: He escalated what was basically a one-album concert into four rock ’n’ roll sing-and-dance cycles, highlighted by “Whata Ya Want From Me?,” “Fever,” “Strut,” and “If I Had You” in that order, with ballads and slow numbers in between—in a kind of peaks and valleys of energy.

His patented vocal pyrotechnics and solemn modals strung the songs in one festive, sinuous set.

Opening cycle introduced the album with the title cut, complete with the aforementioned Broadway getup and dancers (“If I’m not a singer I’d be a dancer”), laser lights, big overhead display screens.

Before anybody could egg him on, Lambert obliged everyone by kissing his bassist, again, this time to wild cheers. The dance headliner “Strut” and the Lady-Gaga-penned “Fever” were obvious connections to the young and the now, and indeed brought the house down on cue.

For an hour and a half, Lambert spread his message of love, fun and self-expression.

Saved for last was the most melodically appealing track from the album, the pulsating dance floor romp, “If I Had You.” Too brief and too early in the night for the young to go home, Lambert obliged with an encore of his Idol signature rendition of Tears For Fears’ “Mad World.”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 am 

and this is just the soundcheck (Soaked)

WWFM

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:37 am 
Site Admin

UNF!!!