ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10.17.10 AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND - The Trusts Stadium
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:27 pm 

This thread is for anything involving the October 17th concert in Auckland including pre show articles, vids, reviews and interviews.

TICKETS GO ON SALE MONDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER, 12 NOON from Ticket Direct http://www.ticketdirect.co.nz/

The Trusts Stadium Arena

As one of Aucklands busiest indoor venues The Trusts Stadium Arena has cemented its place as Auckland Arena Alternative. We've opened for some of the worlds best touring acts, including Crosby Stills & Nash, Fall Out Boy, and massive rock phenomenon that is MUSE.

The Arena will seat up to 5,000 people but reduced capacity shows are made possible with the use of our retractable seating making it without doubt the most versatile and cost effective venue in the country. Overnight the Arena will make the transformation from a large scale concert venue filled to capacity with screaming fans to an intimate space fit under 1,000.

LizMarie

Post subject: Re: 10.17.10 AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND - The Trusts Stadium
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 pm 

Adam Lambert bringing the glam to Auckland

By GayNZ.com Daily News staff - 7th September 2010 http://www.gaynz.com/articles/publish/2/article_9296.php

After huge demand from his Kiwi fans, Adam Lambert will bring his glam-pop show to Auckland's Trust Stadium on Sunday the 17th of October.

Promoters say the demand from New Zealand "Glamberts" has been overwhelming since they announced the American Idol runner-up would tour Australia.

Although he didn't win the reality show in its eighth season, as many people believe he rightly should have, the outlandish gay performer has easily shot to fame, turning heads and becoming a poster boy for the neo-glam revival.

He hit the headlines across the globe and had conservative Americans choking into their teacups with a raunchy American Music Awards performance last November, where he kissed a male keyboard player and grinded a dancer's head against his pelvis.

He defended himself in style, telling Rolling Stone "Female performers have been doing this for years—pushing the envelope about sexuality—and the minute a man does it, everybody freaks out. We're in 2009—it's time to take risks, be a little more brave, time to open people's eyes and if it offends them, then maybe I'm not for them. My goal was not to piss people off, it was to promote freedom of expression and artistic freedom."

Adam's debut album For Your Entertainment was released in New Zealand last November and is now approaching double platinum sales.

To date the album has spawned three massive singles - the Top 5 platinum hit Whataya Want From Me and the two Top 10 gold singles For Your Entertainment and If I Had You.

TICKETS GO ON SALE MONDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER, 12 NOON
ADAM LAMBERT LIVE IN CONCERT
Sunday 17th October
Trusts Stadium, Auckland
Tickets from http://www.ticketdirect.co.nz/

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:52 pm 

Adam Lambert - Brings His Glam Nation Tour To New Zealand

http://www.voxy.co.nz/entertainment/adam-lambert-brings-his-glam-nation-tour-new-zealand/5/62007

Hot off the tail-end of his US tour, glam-pop revivalist, Adam Lambert, is making an anticipated visit to New Zealand with a full-tilt show resplendent with glitter, leather and melodrama at Trusts Stadium on Sunday 17th October in Auckland.

Since the announcement of Lambert's string of Australian shows only weeks ago, the response from our New Zealand league of Glamberts has been overwhelming. So much so that when the majority of tickets for shows were snapped up during the pre-sales for the Australian shows, conversations immediately began between promoters and management about what arrangements could be made to reach out to more fans.

Lambert's trajectory to stardom began less than two short years ago when he reached runner up in the eighth season of American Idol.

Proving that the winner does not necessarily take it all, he has gone on to blaze the trail for left-of-centre performers the world over with his neo-glam irreverence and vocal virtuosity, receiving far more attention than his castmates during the months following the conclusion of the series.

Audiences can expect to see an audio-visual spectacular, both theatrical and atmospheric, when Lambert takes the stage with his playful melodrama conjuring up nods to Sixties psychadelia, Seventies disco and Eighties glam-goth. With a voice that has the falsetto extension and flamboyance of Freddie Mercury and the neon-bright stage presence of the Scissor Sisters, this newly minted pop star is set to be a swooping phenomenon.

Adam's debut album For Your Entertainment (Sony Music) was released in New Zealand last November and is now approaching double platinum sales. To date the album has spawned three massive singles - the Top 5 platinum hit 'Whataya Want From Me' and the two Top 10 gold singles 'For Your Entertainment' and 'If I Had You'. Next up is a new radio single 'Fever', and the October 4th release of a limited Tour Edition of the album which features a bonus DVD of live performances and music videos. T

ICKETS GO ON SALE MONDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER, 12 NOON ADAM LAMBERT LIVE IN CONCERT Sunday 17th October Trusts Stadium, Auckland

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:57 am 

Full page ad in NZ's national newspaper

http://twitpic.com/2nmjlc

LizMarie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:23 am 

The Edge Radio Station contest:

Glam Your Man

Jay Jay, Mike and Dom want you to Glam your man to win the ultimate Adam Lambert experience.

- Two tickets to see Adam Lambert live
- A make over before the show including make up at MAC and hair at Pony Express in Newmarket
- Go shopping for an outfit to wear to the show
- A nights accommodation at a wicked hotel
- Return ride to the concert in a Chrysler VIP car
- A meet and greet with Adam Lambert complete with a signed tour edition album
- Return flights for two

To win register your man with Jay Jay, Mike and Dom or right here to get a Adam Lambert Glam-over.

If your man is selected he will get a new hair cut, make up done, a hot new glam outfit and in general look like Adam Lambert.

And once he’s been glamorized you will win.
Enter here
Enter here to Glam Your Man

http://www.theedge.co.nz/Win/Glamyourman.aspx

Please log in to take part!

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:25 pm 
Adam Bomb

twitter list

http://twitter.com/glamfansunite/trustsstadium

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:50 pm 

Glamtroupe now in NZ!!! Thinking of that one macro, Monte can now breathe a sigh of relief, no jailtime for anyone!!! Ebert relieved.

milestougeaux @adamlambert @negativeneil Glad to see youve cleared 12th century airspace and are in the land of Frodo

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 am 

Pictures of Adam Lambert and his Glamtroupe arriving in New Zealand (via @kiwinatasja): http://bit.ly/ck0K3O

Videoclips of Adam Lambert and his Glamtroupe arriving in New Zealand (via @kiwinatasja): http://bit.ly/cwVEa2

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:30 am 

Adam's opening act in NZ

Seth set for big gig with Adam Lambert

http://www.rotoruadailypost.co.nz/local/news/seth-set-for-big-gig-with-adam-lambert/3926683/

Former Rotorua musician Seth Haapu is booked to open pop star Adam Lambert's only New Zealand concert at the Trusts Stadium in Auckland this weekend.

Haapu found out he had the gig on Wednesday and announced it on his Facebook page saying, "Just got word that I'm supporting Adam Lambert this Sunday!!".

Lambert, a former American Idol contestant, has millions of fans and his concert venue seats 5000 and is fully booked.

Haapu is a former Rotorua Boys' High School student and top 30 Australian Idol finalist. He still regularly returns to Rotorua and his music career is taking off. He was signed by Sony Music in June last year and had recorded an album at Neil Finn's Roundhead Studios by December.

In April this year, he and his partner and young son left Wanganui to be based in Auckland. His first single, Bones, was released in March and a second, Stereotype, is just starting to get air play.

Its video was filmed in Melbourne, and the album is due out early next year.

In the meantime, it's the young singer/songwriter/musician's job to make an impression. And he seems to be doing that. He will open for Boh Runga's band Stellar in Wellington on Saturday and will then fly straight to Auckland in time for the 4pm stadium soundcheck on Sunday.
He has also been booked to open a three-venue series of winery concerts for Crowded House in February.

Haapu has a weekly half-hour gig at Auckland's popular Sale St bar/restaurant and has been signed by Vodafone to appear and sing at events.

The talented singer has been playing at breast cancer awareness gigs with his Auckland band.

Opening for Adam Lambert is "the most exciting, coolest thing" that has happened so far, he says.

Lambert has been labelled the first openly gay mainstream pop artist to launch a career on a major label in the United States.

He was the centre of controversy on the Malaysian leg of his tour where local rules forbade him kissing his male co-performers.

Protesters stood outside his concert waving placards.

Haapu says he's not bothered that Lambert is gay.

In fact, his latest single, Stereotype, is all about ignoring preconceptions and being open-minded

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:47 am 

Twitter list for @adamlambert in Auckland, New Zealand Betw. 2-3am EST Sun. 10/17 http://bit.ly/9ZEc12 via @GlamFansUnite

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:02 pm 

WARNWILLIS Trusts Stadium Auckland NZ http://yfrog.com/2d7trsj

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:19 am 

Monterrific We surprised Tommy by doing "Enter Sandman"-Metallica for his birthday! Happy Birthday Tommy! We only got to rehearse once.

IsaacTheCarp Amazing crowd. I would love to come back to Auckland even just for a vacation. Beautiful people and very Northwest (Washington state).

TommyJoeRatliff Just got THEE sickest early bday present ever! Got to play Enter Sandman on stage with the baddest singer and band ever!!!! thank you guys!

these are from the soundcheck

http://www.twitvid.com/FVYBM

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:21 am 

Partial only so far coming up --

Fye

Fever

Music Again

IIHY

Enter Sandman (Happy Birthday Encore for Tommy)

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

The power of Adam Lambert... sings a new cover and it trends worldwide!!

Monterrific: RT @annkim71: @SonyMusicNZ @monterrific Sandman is trending worldwide http://twitpic.com/2yfhrs *Glamgirl*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hot pics from @SweetOnPeacexx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Here's the bday boy!! Flove this!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

Here's Tommy's bday present... Holy Crap!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:40 am 

Hilarious NZ recap http://janescott.livejournal.com/11013.html

and a lovely one: http://kangta164.blogspot.com/2010/10/adam-lamberts-glam-nation-tour-live-in.html

LizMarie