ADAM LAMBERT FANS

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 11.06.10 HELSINKI, FINLAND - Cable Factory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:30 am 

This thread concerns the Nov 6th show in Helsinki, Finland including reviews and vids.

The show commences at 7 pm (1 pm Eastern)

Cable Factory
Tallberginkatu 1 C 15
Helsinki 00180
Finland

LizMarie

Post subject: Re: 11.06.10 HELSINKI, FINLAND - Cable Factory
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:11 pm 

The Monday Box is the opening act for Adam in Helsinki.

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:15 pm 

The Glamtroope is cold, having gone from LA/Hawaii to Finland....

TommyJoeRatliff back in Helsinki!!!! :) i love it here. its cold as SHIT outside!

TerranceDlibra In Helsinki Finland... Its COLD! WINTER BUUURRRR.... Glamnation is bout to heat it up though... ;)

WARNWILLIS Kicking it in COLD Finland...

SashaMallory just a titty bit nippily here in Finland... no soft nipples here

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:17 pm 

FinnishFollower

So many questions: here's the report. Adam & Monte arrived on the 1.50 flight from Munich. They were clearly tired and wanted to go.

When I saw how Adam was, I didn't even get my camera out or approach him. I watched from a distance.

GlamOfTheOpera

There were only 6 Adam fans at the airport today, when Adam and Monte arrived in Finland. Adam wasn't feeling well so there are no pics.

Adam asked everybody not to take pictures, and nobody did. He did sign some stuff though. I hope he is not sick and that he gets to rest.

However, there were a couple of pix taken:

http://twitpic.com/3441yo

http://twitpic.com/3445lr

LizMarie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:46 pm 

twitter list for Helsinki http://twitter.com/home#/list/GlamFansUnite/cablefactory

LizMarie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:43 am 
Adam Bomb

This was a good recap from a Finlandian who was there. She was very expressiveCurrent music: Music Again (in head)

GLAM NAAAAATION. In Helsinki! In a factory!
HAI BITCHES.

This was originally jotted in a comment on teamratbert. Watch me now tame it with numbered ~chapters!

1. Getting there!

I drove my brother's car to Helsinki. Originally aimed to leave at 2.30, but due to various whatnots, left at 3.30. GOOD, because it was fucking cold and I would have died in that queue.

I toyed with the idea of being glam, but because I was working on four hours of sleep and in a hurry and also cold, I said fuck it, I'm emo anyway. So I wore my MIKEY FUCKIN WAY tee and skinny jeans and my wife's rockin awesome Docs. In my half-awake state I made the tactical mistake of forgetting to put on a sweater under my (um, Mikeyway-inspired gray wool funnel-necked knee-length) coat, even as I remember to wear wool socks.

I can get lost in tiny villages. Helsinki is a legit city. I had to make a detour to deliver the spare ticket I sold to a chick from north Helsinki--she was going to show up at the show too late for me to meet her there, as I'd be in the pit by then. So obviously I got lost. Several times. In the end it all worked out, though, despite the detour on the detour and the circling of downtown and accidental visit to the east side or wherever. I still got a totally good spot. I'm very stealth.

The queue was already wrapped clean around the building when I showed up at ten minutes to doors and probably doubled in length while we waited. It was Arctic hell. The temp wasn't actually freezing, but the venue is right by the sea, and the damp chill was like KNIVES, holy shit. And then it took forever and ever and ever to get in. Only two coatrooms for three thousand cold people with winter coats. It was at least an hour from doors open til I was in.

In the line, I found myself standing between a group of Swedish-speakers who were very funny and cheery, and pretty glammed up, and a woman my age and her wee excited girl. I bonded w/ this chick from Borgå whose name I did not learn. We huddled together for warmth, it was very sweet and Arctic. Lost her in the shuffle as we got inside. Hope she had a good time. I made her very happy by telling her about the NKOTBSB tour, which she had not heard about.

2. Fun in large groups!

I had a shitload of fun THE WHOLE TIME after I got out of the horrible cold. The crowd was great. Nobody around me was annoying. Nobody shoved me. Nobody bitched.

Around me were a couple Russian girls, an Estonian couple, some Finnish teenies, and a teenaged Tommy lookalike (srsly uncanny--bleached emo hair, same profile, traces of black sharpie nail polish, smushy eyeliner, black hoodie, :|-face) and his mother (dun, it turns out, er... after the show she was like, "You're Wax!"--we've met before, ahah. Good thing I didn't tweetpic her kid to the world. SORRY DUN HE IS ADORABLE). Dun & bb!Tommeh are Swedish-speaking like me so we bonded a little. The kid was singing along to stuff right next to me in his braying little puberty voice, it was the cutest. The Russian girls were hilarious and very very excited, and the Estonian girl clearly Goes Somewhere Slashy because she freaked the shit out whenever Adam & Tommy were within three feet of eachother. Her man friend (dad, husband, chauffeur, idk) didn't move or dance or sing at all, but looked pretty pleased in that stonefaced Nordic way.

3. The Monday Box? Vittu mikä bändinimi...

The audience was super super into everything right out the box (hur hur hur). Like, these dudes were probably unknowns to most (although they have a song on the radio that I recognised) but they did not have to work the crowd much at all, everyone was happy to just bounce and scream and clap. I had no idea who they were (Dun had to tell me their name) but they were way better than I had anticipated (after some kinda boring openers at other shows). When the singer gave their guitarist a snuggle, the Estonian slasha girl squeaked.

4. THE GAY MESSIAH ARRIVES

During the wait btwn those monday boxes and the HBIC the crowd kept screaming after each song ended. bb!Tommy was sitting on the floor and every time there was a scream, he bounced up, ha ha. Finally I told him the secret of Bad Romance...

The spot I ended up in was kinda halfway btwn stage & sound booth, and it was somehow the perfect place for acoustics, because everything sounded aces and I could see the whole stage...well, from waist up at least. I was close enough to see Adam's face well (Adam has a lot of face, thank godga--everyone else was kinda blurry and faint really). I got a really clear, if somewhat faraway, view of the surprise!kiss during intro. Went nuts, may have elbowed someone in the face and stepped on toes. OH WELL HOPE NOTHING IS BROKEN SRY PEEPS. Couldn't really see the snuggles during Music Again? b/c crowd was going fucking wild and punching the air, thus interrupting my sightlines. I DID NOT CARE b/c I was dancing like a freak the whole time. Almost passed out when hbic told us to jump at the end, as had totally used up all my juice. And breath. Breathing is good!

Anyway... my point: ADAM IS LARGER THAN LIFE! Sounds good, too. Did I say that? Omg the difference btwn album cuts & live. The difference btwn youtubes & live. HIS FUCKING VOICE. It is a caress by a very very large warm hand.

He kept it pretty low key, I think--no floorbert or whatever, but I did not notice or care at the time. Everything was awesome. When he finally shucked the stripey circus coat (he came out w/ it on for the shiny happy disco people act, guess he was cold--didn't take it off until IIHY, I think? but don't quote me on that) it was like BAM, SEXASS, LET ME LICK GLITTER OFF YOUR ARMS. Crowd obviously went wild, but then again crowd went wild for, like, everything. EVERYTHING. Sang along to everything. Large percentage knew every song. The energy was crazy intense, people fainting left and right.

Just Mad World for encore and I am kinda over that song but shit, I fucking loved it anyway! I was grooving. Ignore bitches bitching, I have no idea how they have enough faculties left to work up disappointment. I'm usually a hard sell for live shows, as I tend to be awkw and not get out of my head a lot (to wit: Gaga show which was a good show but ruined for me as an experience by lameo surrounding people and the distance), but my face was totally rocked off. Better all-round experience than Muse, even. Maybe on level w/ Placebo in '99 (when I was at barrier.)

To me, Adam did not sound at all like he was sick, although he was pacing himself. He clearly wasn't dying since he did the octave jumps in MA and some wicked wails in... uh, whichever songs have them, it's all a blur now. His voice was warm and FUCKING INCREDIBLE AND I PLOTZED AND FLAILED AND SCREAMED AND GASPED.

As for the twitterers having bad crowd experiences, I bet the crowd was way nastier up front where the hardcore craycray fans were, but I had such a great experience. I feel all dippy and hugberty about it! Luuuuh.

Also, I find, it is A GOOD CHOICE to wear Docs w/ Bouncing Soles (TM) when jumping up and down for hours on a concrete floor. I bet I was one of the few ppl without agony feet. Yah. Concrete floor.

5. THE HORROR...THE HORROR...

Then, omg, the exit. Getting in took an hour of freezing horror. Getting out took an hour & a half of steaming sweaty stinky hyperventilating horror. I CAN'T EVEN TELL WHICH WAS WORSE. Man, that place is not made for crowds this size, it was insanity. No wonder ppl were passing out even before anything happened! (Just before Adam came on, a security guy carried a fainted girl out through the crowd! CRAZY SHIT.)

The air got REALLY close, everything smelled like feet, everyone was sweaty and freaked out. They were letting out people in like groups of 5-10 or something, and every time they opened the door, the crowd tightened up even more. ARGH ARGH ARGH. A girl started having a panic attack next to me and almost keeled over.

I tried to every once in a while yell something like STEP BACK, FOOLS, IT WON'T GO FASTER IF YOU PUSH! (to which a girl somewhere behind me commented 'finally a voice of reason, jeez!') But eventually I was like fuck it and just squeezed back out of the crowd and hung out in the emptying parts by the merch stand, where I met some fangirls who recognised me (Riikka from Tampere! and Dora(?), whom I had last met three weeks ago at the Gaga gig, and new acquaintance CJ. Also a Danish girl... and some other people, sheesh. Um, I failed to recognise or remember names. I am the WORST at that. W/ Dun I put it down to the fact she's Swedish-speaking and there are any number of places I could have run into her, but idk, I'm just really bad at remembering people I've only met briefly during a high-stress situation (ie, any situation involving Adam Lambert and/or crowds).

The merch guy is Scottish! I did not know that. I bought a tanktop w/ a gun on it to give to my boo. And to then steal from her at will...

6. FIANLLY...

And then I finally got my coat back. For once in my life I had all the luck parking, and the car was actually parked right by the building. Amazing. Then I drove myself the fuck back to Turku.

That's it, I guess. Great show, would flail again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:55 am 
Adam Bomb

Fever

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:56 am 
Adam Bomb

DRTH and ROF

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:59 am 
Adam Bomb

SOAKED

INTER and SLEEPWALKER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:32 am 
Adam Bomb

some more vids by another person

Music Again

VOODOO

AFTERMATH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:39 am 
Adam Bomb

MAD WORLD

a good vid by another person

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:41 am 
Adam Bomb

WWFM

also from another vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:59 pm 
Adam Bomb

BAND INTRO + kiss + IIHY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:28 pm 
Adam Bomb

HERE IS THE FIRST SW vid FR THE CONCERT THAT ARE REALLY GOOD HD..

we are begging the person to post some more

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:36 pm 
Adam Bomb

and here is @Lambosessed and her booklet of vids.

http://adamlambertobsession.blogspot.co ... sinki.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:05 am 

Pix of Adam at the Jenny Woo bar in Helsinki

http://twitpic.com/34zbjw

http://twitpic.com/34zbtz

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:08 am 

Monterrific HD Adam Lambert - Sleepwalker @ Helsinki 6.11.2010 http://t.co/eoeVzYX via @youtube

LizMarie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

Review of show by Tiia Santavirta with some gorgeous pictures.

Adam Lambert @ Kaapelitehdas, Helsinki 6.11.2010

http://blogit.stara.fi/chaostube/?p=3318